Guanethidine Disease Interactions
There is 1 disease interaction with guanethidine:
Antiadrenergic (peripheral) (applies to guanethidine) peripheral edema
Moderate Potential Hazard, Moderate plausibility. Applicable conditions: Fluid Retention
Peripheral- acting antiadrenergic agents can cause peripheral edema. Therapy with peripheral- acting antiadrenergic agents should be administered cautiously in patients adversely affected by sodium and water retention.
- "Product Information. Hytrin (terazosin)." Abbott Pharmaceutical, Abbott Park, IL.
- "Prazosin (Minipress) for hypertension." Med Lett Drugs Ther 19 (1977): 1-2
- "Product Information. Hydropres (reserpine-hydrochlorothiazide)." Merck & Co, Inc, West Point, PA.
- "Product Information. Ismelin (guanethidine)." Ciba Pharmaceuticals, Summit, NJ.
- Weil JV, Chidsey CA "Plasma volume expansion resulting from interference with adrenergic function in normal man." Circulation 37 (1968): 54-61
- "Product Information. Cardura (doxazosin)." Pfizer US Pharmaceuticals, New York, NY.
- "Product Information. Hylorel (guanadrel)." Rhone-Poulenc Rorer, Collegeville, PA.
Guanethidine drug interactions
There are 263 drug interactions with guanethidine
More about guanethidine
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Drug class: antiadrenergic agents, peripherally acting
Related treatment guides
Drug Interaction Classification
|No interaction information available.|