User Reviews for Zometa to treat Osteoporosis

Zometa has an average rating of 3.8 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings for the treatment of Osteoporosis. 22% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 56% reported a negative effect.

Zometa Rating Summary

3.8/10 average rating

Compare all 111 medications used in the treatment of Osteoporosis.

Reviews for Zometa

jake · Taken for less than 1 month June 6, 2019

“For four weeks I had little to no appetite, and periods of tiredness. For the first 3 weeks I also was in a stupor, tired and weak every day, with nausea daily. Along with these symptoms for the first 2 weeks I had on and off fever, chills, headache no energy, seats at night. I felt like I was drugged and was weak and unstable and sick. W would never, never take Zometa again and I do NOT recommend it. ”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month February 11, 2021

“Wonderful!! If you want to say farewell to your already healthy and happy life for months even for years take this rubbish even one dose! You will get paralysed and achy for so long! DO NOT try this junk or you will wish for death rather than taking the side effects! Beware! You will experience all the listed side effects! Long lasting and disastrous! Make your choice!”

Blond voyage May 22, 2020

“I will never try Zometa again. I had horrific side effects, I passed out 7 hours after home from infusion, my neighbor called paramedics, my blood pressure dropped to 80/58. I’ve had full body ache, headache, sweats and chills for 3 days so far.”

Maestramaria · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 29, 2020

“The Zometa was almost then end of me. I was 70yrs old when doctors in Sardinia gave me the Zometa for only a broken rib. They gave it me for 1 year. Meanwhile my bones were becoming weaker and weaker every day. My jaw become painful and was almost impossible to talk, to eat and chew. My bones started to have fractures without any particular accident. Doctors gave me Zometa for 6 years. After 1year, the Zometa caused me bone cancer. If Zometa is good for bones, then why after 1year of infusions I've had bone cancer ?”

Janlynne December 11, 2016

“Had the infusion - 15 minutes - 4 days ago. On the day felt fine. The next day thought I was dying, chills, fever, nausea, whole body/bones/joints extremely painful.. Woke up every hour and had to drink water. Day 3 felt a lot better and managed to go to work. Day 4 I feel fine. Not sure how effective it will be, will have to have a bone scan in a years time!”

Debbiemit1962 September 3, 2017

“Had 1 t-7 fracture due to the Osteoporosis. Recently had the reclast infusion and it is awful. Flu like symptoms no way, much much worse. I literally was incapacitated. The pain everywhere in my bones, joints, hips even my fingers. I feel my doctors were not honest with me on how I would or could really feel. On the positive though I hope in one year my bone density and bone mass will have improved. I don't want another fracture.”

t · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 19, 2019

“I have been given this drug during and after chemo. I can not find anywhere in literature of how long it stays in the jaw bones after you stop take this drug. 7 yrs later I still find that tho I am cancer free, it ruined my teeth. Some Doctors say it lasts the rest of your life. There has got to be a half life, but no one answers the question. (half life = 146 hours, time for clearance = over 30 days)”

Lorilars · Taken for less than 1 month April 4, 2016

“I have severe arthritis anyway and have a lot of pain but this was over the top. First day fine but the next 4 days I was down with bad joint pain, back pain , chills. Not sure I am going to do it again. I have already had 3 breaks and cancer so I don't know if that's an option for me.”

Elena's gram · Taken for less than 1 month September 28, 2017

“I received Zometa IV on 9/26/17, after being informed of all the possible side effects. Although I was somewhat concerned, I was pleasantly surprised when 2 days later I have experienced nothing worse that a little more joint pain than usual when line dancing last evening. Hopefully, this medication will improve my bone density, or at least keep it stable.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 15, 2017

“To date I have had no adverse reaction to this medication. I am a very active person .”

Learn more about Osteoporosis