User Reviews for Zometa to treat Osteolytic Bone Metastases of Solid Tumors

Zometa has an average rating of 5.3 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings for the treatment of Osteolytic Bone Metastases of Solid Tumors. 40% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 50% reported a negative effect.

Zometa Rating Summary

5.3/10 average rating

Compare all 6 medications used in the treatment of Osteolytic Bone Metastases of Solid Tumors.

Reviews for Zometa

SueBubbles · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 5, 2013

“I have been receiving Zometa via IV infusion for about 3 years now - At first three weekly then after about a year, four weekly - I have breast cancer, bone metastasis. If I take the infusion over 15 minutes....during the following day I will begin with severe vomiting and flu symptoms which last for two days and nights after which I'm fine. However, if I have the infusion over 30 minutes - as advised on the internet way back in the early days of my treatments, I have NO side effects whatsoever - no sickness, no aches & pains! I have spoken to other women who have experienced the same - take the infusion slower, drink plenty of water, and you might just find your horrid side-effects disappear!”

Jaclash · Taken for less than 1 month June 16, 2017

“Had my first dose on Monday 12th June 2017. I was fine Monday night so felt quite positive​. Woke up Tuesday feeling like death! Wednesday felt better but had a painful red swollen left eye​ball. Long story short. I'm in agony with my eye and no one knows what to do! The hospital tried to say it wasn't a side effect! It's a very rare side effect but it is one! And the fact they know nothing about it or how to deal with it is disgusting and frightening! I will not be having this treatment again and will be taking this further!! They should not be giving people something if they don't know everything about it!”

Spike · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 30, 2019

“I hate this drug. I had perfect oral hygiene. NO cavities, ever, even still have a baby tooth. Always told by dentists how great my teeth were. Two years after zometa, I spontaneously end up with a hole in my mouth near my back molar where my jaw bone is visible. Osteonecrosis of the jaw. No treatment...just wait for it to do whatever its going to do...maybe a small piece of dead bone will come out, maybe my whole jaw will die, i just sit and wait to see. It’s getting bigger and feels awful. Then, my horrible oncologist refused to believe it and made me see other dentists, periodontist, and oral surgeons...and everyone confirmed ONJ. Thankfully he quit, but I doubt he filled out the FDA paperwork that was sent to him, so my side effect incident probably didn't get reported.”

listener202 December 12, 2013

“I have had three infusions (1 monthly) intravenously administered. No one advised that I should continue taking calcium supplements - good thing I asked! The first infusion led to three days of severe joint pain abating each day. The second infusion had lesser effects and the third one lessened from the 2nd. Hydrate well before and after the injections. I've had transient chest pain, chills, side pain, episodes lasting for 1-2 minutes.”

Mel · Taken for less than 1 month September 1, 2020

“I had Zometa for the first time 5 days ago. Had experienced chills on the 2nd night, weakness and body aches all over. Then on the 5th night, had chills again weakness and body aches. Tylenol alternate with advil helped but I will never have this medication again. I have no problem with chemo , only this medication .(I have Mild osteoporosis and breast cancer)”

boomerangbronwen January 25, 2012

“I dreaded the side-effects and had NONE. I had the intravenous infusion three days before Christmas 2011 and was scared that I would be flattened by the supposed side-effects like flu-like symptoms, bone ache and so forth and was pleasantly surprised. I am having my second one in just ten days time and hopefully it will be a repeat of the first one.”

Jpschelandyahoo.com August 17, 2016

“Had horrible side effects from zo meta Will not take this med ever again.Hospitalized for 7 days and now at rehab trying to walk again. Please research this med and read testimonals before taking, wish I had.”

Catdog · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 15, 2019

“I took zometa for two years until I noticed a hole in my mouth where my jawbone was poking through. Now it’s been a year and the hole has tripled in size and is starting to get more painful. This drug is horrible.”

Nancy · Taken for less than 1 month March 18, 2021

“My oncologist for some reason change my medication from Exgiva to this medication. I have been having the worst side effect ever. I have bone stomach pain, fever and chill I am in 5th day and I’m still experiencing chills and fever. I would never take this medication again. I just wonder how long this going to last. If I ever get better.”

Ka3 November 28, 2017

“Been on it for about 4 years. Very little side effects. Maybe some lower back pain but I have terrible mets to bones almost everywhere that I could hardly tell if this med adds to pain. No other problems. I have been getting it for so long that they cut it back to every three months about 2 1/2 years ago. Worried about necrosis to the jaw.”

TKB1 October 18, 2016

“I have been taking Zometa for Breast Cancer with Metastasis to the bones and have been on it 8 months now and I have only had minor aches and pains... no major complications from the drug.”

Vetman June 25, 2016

“Severe head pain, loss or appetite, lower back and spinal pain.”

robbij · Taken for less than 1 month January 22, 2015

“IV Zometa yesterday woke up this morning body aches headache fever slept all day. ”

Anonymous March 1, 2013

“Side effects: Hair Loss. Dehydration.”

SeaBabe 7 December 18, 2015

“I had my first injection less than a week ago and wondering how it went for others who used it ”