User Reviews for Zometa

Learn more about Zometa.

Zometa Rating Summary

6.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 6 medications used in the treatment of Osteolytic Bone Metastases of Solid Tumors.

Reviews for Zometa to treat Osteolytic Bone Metastases of Solid Tumors

"Had my first dose on Monday 12th June 2017. I was fine Monday night so felt quite positive​. Woke up Tuesday feeling like death! Wednesday felt better but had a painful red swollen left eye​ball. Long story short. I'm in agony with my eye and no one knows what to do! The hospital tried to say it wasn't a side effect! It's a very rare side effect but it is one! And the fact they know nothing about it or how to deal with it is disgusting and frightening! I will not be having this treatment again and will be taking this further!! They should not be giving people something if they don't know everything about it!"

Jaclash (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been taking Zometa for Breast Cancer with Metastasis to the bones and have been on it 8 months now and I have only had minor aches and pains... no major complications from the drug."

TKB1 October 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Had horrible side effects from zo meta Will not take this med ever again.Hospitalized for 7 days and now at rehab trying to walk again. Please research this med and read testimonals before taking, wish I had."

Jpschelandyahoo.com August 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Severe head pain, loss or appetite, lower back and spinal pain."

Vetman June 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had my first injection less than a week ago and wondering how it went for others who used it "

SeaBabe 7 December 18, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"IV Zometa yesterday woke up this morning body aches headache fever slept all day. "

robbij (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have had three infusions (1 monthly) intravenously administered. No one advised that I should continue taking calcium supplements - good thing I asked! The first infusion led to three days of severe joint pain abating each day. The second infusion had lesser effects and the third one lessened from the 2nd. Hydrate well before and after the injections. I've had transient chest pain, chills, side pain, episodes lasting for 1-2 minutes."

listener202 December 12, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been receiving Zometa via IV infusion for about 3 years now - At first three weekly then after about a year, four weekly - I have breast cancer, bone metastasis. If I take the infusion over 15 minutes....during the following day I will begin with severe vomiting and flu symptoms which last for two days and nights after which I'm fine. However, if I have the infusion over 30 minutes - as advised on the internet way back in the early days of my treatments, I have NO side effects whatsoever - no sickness, no aches & pains! I have spoken to other women who have experienced the same - take the infusion slower, drink plenty of water, and you might just find your horrid side-effects disappear!"

SueBubbles (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 5, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Side effects: Hair Loss. Dehydration."

Anonymous March 1, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I dreaded the side-effects and had NONE. I had the intravenous infusion three days before Christmas 2011 and was scared that I would be flattened by the supposed side-effects like flu-like symptoms, bone ache and so forth and was pleasantly surprised. I am having my second one in just ten days time and hopefully it will be a repeat of the first one."

boomerangbronwen January 25, 2012