User Reviews for Xylometazoline nasal

Also known as: Balminil Nasal Decongestant, Triaminic Decongestant Spray Nasal & Sinus Congestion 4-Way Moisturizing Relief

Nasal Congestion
5.5

Reviews for Xylometazoline nasal

Bobby · Taken for less than 1 month February 17, 2021

Otrivin (xylometazoline) for Nasal Congestion: “This product was suggested by the pharmacy. Whilst it did clear the blockage, the pain was considerable. I stopped taking it after 2 days (using it as directed), but after 2-3 weeks I am still seeing blood when blowing my nose (especially after coughing). I would suggest being VERY careful about using Otrivine and avoid where possible.”

Kirsty · Taken for less than 1 month December 30, 2020

Otrivin (xylometazoline) for Nasal Congestion: “Used otrivine for a few days as I suffer from congestion constantly, whilst it does unblock your nose, it doesn't last very long and the rebound congestion is awful, my nose is now bloody and sore, large chunks of bloodied mucus pile up and I have headaches and my nose is worse than it was before! Going to go back to sudafed, it seems gentler and hasn't caused a bloody nose ever!”

Anonymous December 28, 2020

Otrivin (xylometazoline): “Caused severe nose bleeds and dried out nose. It also caused (sorry to be horrid) large boggies which we causing more discomfort and blockages. I will be reverting back to sudafed spray.”

Tilbs · Taken for less than 1 month December 26, 2012

Otrivin (xylometazoline) for Nasal Congestion: “A lifesaver at night when unable to mouth breath. Only problem was I became addicted to using it! My nose became congested every-night & would only become unblocked when I used Otrivin. I had to wean myself off it.”

Patch · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 17, 2018

Otrivin (xylometazoline) for Nasal Congestion: “Be wary of this drug highly addictive - MAXIMUM use is 3 days. Could not go without it always a bottle carried around with me spent a fortune over the years!Couldn’t go without it for a clear nose. It is called rebound congestion. So went to doctor and told to go off it cold turkey or would end up with a cocaine nose. Went cold turkey and had headaches, sinus, dizzy and nausea. I Had to sleep in an upright position to breathe. Been off it for 3 years. Took 2 weeks of withdrawal symptoms. Don’t touch it”

Beast · Taken for less than 1 month October 26, 2020

Otrivin (xylometazoline) for Nasal Congestion: “Had pretty bad congestion at night so I had sprayed the product in just the way they said spray and breathe it in did it twice and my congestion became even worse after like 5 - 10 mins it cleared with runny nose and a continuous pain its been 15 mins since and it still hurts”

Anonymous November 3, 2011

Otrivin (xylometazoline) for Nasal Congestion: “It was prescribed by my doctors several years ago. Now it's OTC. It works perfectly and in a timely manner. It's soothing and not harsh like most nasal sprays. No horrible aftertaste either. Used it for years with none of the side affects mentioned.”

Shirl · Taken for less than 1 month April 5, 2020

Otrivin (xylometazoline) for Nasal Congestion: “Used Otrivin for a few days congestion went, but ended up with a sore burning throat/back of tongue. Had to buy a throat spray to ease the soreness. After 2 days of not using Otrivin I’m so much better. Just be careful”

Vipinkhyih January 23, 2018

Otrivin (xylometazoline) for Nasal Congestion: “Never use this medicine. It left my nose hurt and burning. Definitely clears the congestion. But gives you the side effects like headache, toothache, nose hurts badly. Worst nasal spray I've ever seen.”

Deniro37 · Taken for less than 1 month July 18, 2019

Otrivin (xylometazoline) for Nasal Congestion: “Bought 2 bottles of this for both myself & my 14 year old as our hayfever was very bad. Within a few days both myself & my daughter suffered with very sore nasal passages that bled and for my daughter became infected. Couldn't use anymore.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 3, 2017

Otrivin (xylometazoline) for Nasal Congestion: “Warning please don't use otrivin. As your well wisher I would like to draw your attention towards the side effects of otrivin. It's been 10 years now that I'm using nose drops as I had deviated septum and oversized turbino. In 2015 I had an operation of septoplasty and turbinoplasty. Along with this I have allergic rhinitis so I started using otrivin as nasal decongestant but somehow I got addicted to this otrivin it gives you a nice, clear open nose. But you know you get rebound congestion after a while. Once you use otrivin then it will keep your nose open for 9 hours but once the effect is gone you face the same problem but this time your nose blows up inside t twice the size it was. Stop it before it gets too late don't suffer like me...”

Marc February 7, 2020

Otrivin (xylometazoline) for Nasal Congestion: “The best nasal spray for clearing noses, nothing works as good as Otrivin and I can't begin to tell you how much it has helped me out in life. Highly recommended it always works fast and always effective.”

LinaG May 21, 2020

For Nasal Congestion: “5 min after using this product I had a horrible bitter taste at the back of my throat that lasted hours. I also felt like I had liquid at the back of my throat. Felt very uncomfortable all night and still felt stuffed up after all that. I do not recommend this product.”

Cam1984 May 1, 2015

Otrivin (xylometazoline) for Nasal Congestion: “I call it miraculous. I couldn't breathe at night when I had a cold. Mother in law gave me Otrivin and it unblocked my nose in a few seconds. I now use it whenever I have nose congestion and it performs each and every time. I honestly am so glad there is finally an effective drug for nose congestion.”

Natesh · Taken for 10 years or more February 10, 2019

Otrivin (xylometazoline) for Nasal Congestion: “Respected Government of India (Ministry of Medical) This product manufacturer is making profit day by day increasing otrivin price continuously. In the year of 2013 this product price is around Rs.30 to 40. Now this product price is Rs. 73, Product quality is also decrease, it is just like normal water,, on behalf of indian otrivin user medical council most take immediate action to stop the production..”

wisey · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 8, 2020

Otrivin (xylometazoline) for Nasal Congestion: “used otrivin daily for several years back in my early 20's.. I'm now 55. at about 22 my doctor told me I had the worst case of nasal membrane decay he had ever seen and said to stop using immediately, which I did. I later had rhinoplasty which helped my breathing immensely. I'm still kind of waiting for a nasal cancer diagnosis at some stage if my life.... cant be good using that stuff non stop can it.”

AngieMcUk. · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 27, 2015

Otrivin (xylometazoline) for Nasal Congestion: “Fantastic product. Prefer the squeezy bottle as you use how much you need. Great for colds & hayfever. The measured dose spray however I don't like as it's too big for me. Gives me nervousness/ heart beats fast.”

Kosta · Taken for less than 1 month September 11, 2020

Otrivin (xylometazoline) for Nasal Congestion: “Otrivin worked great for my blocked nose too. I had a blocked nose for a few days and it was starting to get too annoying, Otrivin cleared up within two minutes after use. It did exactly what I used it for.”

King · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 12, 2018

Otrivin (xylometazoline) for Nasal Congestion: “I hate stuff other ones like this because they never worked for me but Otrivin? I use it 2 times a day every day because my allergies are just that bad and it is the best thing that has ever been created... like ever. 10 out of 10, would use again, get this... get this.”

Moo67 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 5, 2018

Otrivin (xylometazoline) for Nasal Congestion: “Always suffered with really bad nasal congestion. I've tried loads of different ones. This is the best! Better than many brands. It is really distressing to continually have a blocked nose. This works a treat”

Jia April 28, 2020

For Nasal Congestion: “I am suffering with nasal congestion that is due to the vessels inside our nose and I think I am allergic so after that I started using this spray and believe me this led to daily panic attacks and anxiety. I regret a lot that this had changed my life very badly. I used to be person who is very baring and happy after using it I became fearful because of my anxiety and panic attacks.”

Ksmyth · Taken for less than 1 month March 27, 2020

Otrivin (xylometazoline) for Nasal Congestion: “My nose feels like it’s collapsed and breathing is difficult so thought I would try otrivine. Very fast relief of congestion Relief, but some discomfort. When blowing my nose the next day (1 day of use) there was blood on the tissue. On the second day of using it my nose bled fully, without blowing my nose. Have stopped using since and my nose is no longer bleeding and feels blocked again. For reference: My bottle contained xylometazoline and hydrochloride”

Conchia December 10, 2017

Otrivin (xylometazoline) for Nasal Congestion: “This nasal spray works in seconds and last for hours. I had a cold, stuffy runny nose and a constant draining at the back of my throat which cause me to cough incessantly, after taking otrivin all of my symptoms stopped. It can cause a slight headache if you take too much and you can get addicted because it works so well, then after a while you get rebound congestion so be aware of that, and only use it for a few days”

Jan · Taken for less than 1 month February 9, 2020

Otrivin (xylometazoline) for Nasal Congestion: “Horrible nasal spray! I followed instructions, and only used 2 sprays in each nostril, every 8 hours for only 1.5 days (not even the 3 days mentioned on bottle). The third time I use it, it was horrible! My left nostril burned like crazy! I had a severe burning sensation for 20 minutes. And then after my nostril felt sore. Never again! Not only that, my face was a bit sore, and my gums were a bit sore hours later. And I felt a headache coming on. Those side effects are not worth clearing up nasal congestion from a cold! Be aware, this nasal spray is dangerous! It could possible damage the inside of your nose. I’ll never forget that burning feeling. It’s was like my nostril was on fire. I hope there is no damage at this point. And if there is, I hope it heals. ”

Donotuseit February 22, 2017

Otrivin (xylometazoline) for Nasal Congestion: “Became addicted to it. Used it several times a day for about 20 years. HAD to use it to keep nostrils open. Finally a doctor said I should stop. I quit cold turkey. Very hard. After about a month it was OVER. I do not need them now and do not have to carry nose drops 24-7. Do NOT start using it!!! Have been off them for over 15 years now.”

CT89 August 4, 2017

Otrivin (xylometazoline) for Nasal Congestion: “Good for the congestion, clears you up, however, used for only 1.5 days and the inside of my nose is raw and bleeding, the spray also has hurt / stung the back of my throat. Have used nasal sprays in the past, no other has ever had these effects.”

Betty September 8, 2018

For Nasal Congestion: “Unfortunately usage resulted in a bad experience for me. I commenced using it the same day I got on a 1 hour flight (so only used it twice - afternoon and evening). I had a bit of a headache and overall unwell feeling after using it but not that bad I guess. Then later that evening on the flight I got very bad anxiety to the point that the flight attendants knew something was up and were checking on me (flight attendants were very kind :). I was diagnosed with Generalised Anxiety Disorder almost 8 years ago but have worked on it, take an anti depressant (Sertraline) and suffer no symptoms for many years. I regularly fly (don't love flying but do fly a lot for work and travel). I had no anxiety leading up to the flight but got very, very bad anxiety on the flight and was trembling, upset stomach and (diarrhea). I see it has been linked to nervousness so perhaps don't use it if you will be in nervousness inducing situation like I was (flying). I had such an awful experience.”

NM · Taken for less than 1 month December 1, 2018

For Nasal Congestion: “Used it for only 6 days before I realised it was making matters worse once the effect clears, made me wake up at night to use it on 2 occasions! On the 7th day had to go cold turkey without it but had a blocked nose the whole day with a very dry mouth so shifted to saline spray. One day is all it took to start feeling better.... Maybe the saline kinda washed it out?”