User Reviews for Kenalog-40 to treat Rheumatoid Arthritis

Kenalog-40 has an average rating of 6.9 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings for the treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis. 67% of those users who reviewed Kenalog-40 reported a positive effect, while 33% reported a negative effect.

Kenalog-40 Rating Summary

6.9/10 average rating

Compare all 307 medications used in the treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis.

PHIL · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 10, 2021

“I get a intramuscular injection of Kenalog 40 in my right shoulder to relieve psoriatic arthritis . The medication works within 2-4 days. It reduces pain from 8/10 to 3/10, The medication seems to be distributed by my blood stream. The rest of my entire body feel the results of the medication also.”

JasmineTrout553 · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 25, 2021

“I'm a 24 year old female and have had RA since I was 8 years old. I had 80mg IM injection in December and within 24 hours my face was red and burning. 5 months later I am still suffering the horrible side effects of this. I constantly have hot flushes, nausea, irregular menstrual cycles, unwanted hair growth. I have no idea if and when these symptoms will subside and completely regret taking it. With regards to my joint information it has eased the pain but I still have residual swelling. My fatigue has also worsened since the injection.”

DKC · Taken for less than 1 month October 3, 2020

“I had a shoulder injection for chronic pain the next day I went into horrible AFib which lasted 10 days, 2 days after the injection I developed severe headaches with pain behind my left eye then I got so fatigued and could not do anything. I'm still feeling bad 11 days after the injection. My Dr. said these are all side effects of Kenalog I would have refused the injection if I had known of these side effects. I have had other injections for lower back etc and never had this reaction.”

Mel · Taken for less than 1 month October 28, 2019

“I was suffering with rheumatoid arthritis and my quality of life was non existent. I was hopeless. My thigh area and my groin area would burn and feel as if it would snap. I couldn't do anything. Pain management could care less about a person's pain anymore. I was in pain management for 8 years. An orthopedic surgeon checked me out suggested the injection of kenalog-40 and I have a life now. It's as different as night and day. I had a reaction right after the injection. Felt faint. Broke out in a sweat. It passed. I took some water. I was fine. I have such relief FINALLY. I hope my pain doesn't return. I'm worried about that because it pained me so much. But right now 3 weeks later, I'm way good!!!”

Cher · Taken for less than 1 month May 3, 2018

“Worse drug I have ever had. I was given a Kenalog injection for arthritis and fibromyalgia. I immediately had my blood pressure go off the chart and developed a rash and rapid heartbeat. I also had trouble breathing and problems with my eyesight. I now have a permanent heart problem. I do NOT recommend this drug for anyone!”

Jimjames July 11, 2013

“I have had rheumatoid arthritis now for about 4 years, mainly in my neck and shoulders. I'm a school teacher and it would be excruciating to raise my arms to write on the board. I'm also a musician with allergies. A year ago last spring I decided to get an allergy shot to reduce my allergy symptoms before a performance and was astonished to experience that my rheumatoid arthritis pain literally left my body. I didn't attribute the regression to the Kenalog but while talking to my doctor she made the relationship. The Kenalog shot for allergies was suppose to be good for a year. A year later my arthritis started to seep back into my neck and shoulders. I went back to the same allergy doctor and got exactly the same shot and my rheumatoid arthritis symptoms left again. My life has changed tremendously.”

sailen4love · Taken for less than 1 month October 15, 2015

“I went to doctor and told her my left arm was starting to freeze up like the right one did. I have R A for 15 yrs. The next morning I thought a miracle had taken place. Never felt so good for so many years. Went to Costa Rica and after about two months it returned. Came home and after searching for the drug. They had it at the hospital. Took it to my doctor and he gave it to me in right hip. Didn't last but about one month. Next time he gave it to me in my left hip and it maybe lasted 3 weeks. The next time I ask him to give it were my other doctor in Panama city beach,fl gave it to me. In my left arm and it is still lasting. Also noticed how my complexion cleared up. I have rosacea. Once it got in my eyes. You need to get it from a hospital drug store.”

Sargent Rock February 17, 2009

“I have suffered excrutiating back, hip and knee pain for 15 years. I had my first injection and felt thirty years old again. I was able to walk normally and without pain. The second shot had no noticeable effect and the euphoria from the first faded away. The first was given very close to the spinal nerve involved. The second one not so close and today's shot was very close to the nerve. I would recommend this if medically cleared by all your specialists. It will change your life, at least for a while.”

steve 007 November 8, 2014

“With the first shot I could touch my toes ,but it only lasted seven days. I am on second shot and it has been ten days and it's still working. I wake up at 5 every morning feeling refreshed. I look forward to my shot.”

Learn more about Rheumatoid Arthritis