User Reviews for Kenalog-40 to treat Osteoarthritis

Kenalog-40 has an average rating of 6.3 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings for the treatment of Osteoarthritis. 56% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 33% reported a negative effect.

Kenalog-40 Rating Summary

6.3/10 average rating

Compare all 182 medications used in the treatment of Osteoarthritis.

Reviews for Kenalog-40

Katy · Taken for less than 1 month October 27, 2020

“This is the first and last time using this injection, I'm 8 weeks in and still having panic attacks, insomnia, increased hunger, anxiety, How long does this last Please avoid at all costs you will regret it”

Scared · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 9, 2018

“Do not get this injection!!!! I got mine about 6 1/2 weeks ago. The first week was ok no side effects but no pain relief either. Side effects for me started at week 2 and still going. Burning mouth/throat. Worse anxiety then I already had. Extreme nausea, no appetite, I’ve lost 8 lbs and I can not afford to lose weight. I’m terrified how long this will go on.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month September 24, 2016

“ i have fibro, chronic pain around neck ,relieved pain very fast.. side effects still here- into 2nd week. rapid heart rate, feels like can't catch my breath, sweats, coughing, bouncing off the walls..”

HelenBee · Taken for less than 1 month September 16, 2017

“Had an injection into my knee due to osteoarthritis. I am scheduled for knee replacement but there is 1 year wait for surgery. Before injection I could not sleep due to throbbing pain and after injection this is gone. My overall pain is significantly reduced. I had no adverse reaction to the drug.”

Lovey · Taken for less than 1 month January 10, 2019

“I am 74 years young, active person. Had pain in my jaw for about three weeks, could hardly talk or eat. Thinking it was something awful, I went to the E.R. and the MD there ordered a CAT Scan of the mandible, etc. Finally, the report came in as Osteo-Arthritis of the jaw area and inflammation, etc. Well, I was given 2 injections: one of Toradol for pain and Kenalog for the inflammation. Amazingly, after about one hour, I felt much better. Hardly any pain. The doctor told me to see my own MD for follow up and to take Aleve for pain until then. I will be making an appt. ASAP since I was good for three whole weeks but now the pain is starting again. I don't want to take Aleve too much as it irritates the stomach and could be harmful if taken consistently. No side effects from either drug.”

Styxgirl83 September 2, 2015

“No one warned me that there were ANY side effects to worry about. I was given 2 injections into my left hip of Kenalog 40. Later the first evening, my face was hot and turned scarlet red. The red swelling went into my right eye and felt like sand. Then I started getting dizzy. My blood pressure was off the charts and my blood sugar Doubled! I had to lay down and all I did was sweat. I thought I was having a heart attack!! The next day, the facial rash was better, but the dizziness turned into violent shaking! When sitting very still, it felt like my whole body was on top of a paint shaker. I got horrible diarrhea that lasted for days. My OLP flared into a bloody mess. It took 12 to 15 weeks to even feel kind of normal again”

Relief · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 11, 2020

“Had Kenalog-40 injections shoulder, knees and base thumb joints. No side affects. Was able to get a full nights sleep finally. Experience aching only when it’s weather change. Too bad it doesn’t last longer”

My other name · Taken for less than 1 month December 28, 2015

“Received Kenalog injection in right thumb, for Osteoarthritis. I had side effects with Dr saying these were NOT related to the Kenalog Injection. Dizziness, bloody nose, confusion, Migraines. Dr. knew from my chart that I had Diabetes- Thyroid, AND PREVIOUS bad reaction with 'Prednsone' Dr. told me before injection on the same day, "I've never heard of anyone being allergic to "Corticosteroids" I agreed then to Injection & suffered since 12/16/2015 with the adverse effects. Grrrr! I'm female-77 years.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 29, 2020

“I am a 55 year old woman who took this Kenalog-40 injection for knee sprain due to osteoarthritis. No substantial pain relief . Had to use balm for pain relief. Not as effective as cortisone. Still waiting for complete pain recovery/cure.”

Jks · Taken for less than 1 month September 6, 2019

“It worked great for the pain... but it also weakened my muscles and ligaments ”

Learn more about Osteoarthritis