User Reviews for Hytrin to treat Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia

Hytrin Rating Summary

6.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 49 medications used in the treatment of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia.

Reviews for Hytrin

Chazuu May 16, 2015

“I have been on Hytrin for at last 20 years. Started at 1 mg. daily. It helped my flow immediately. Now at the age of 84 I am on 15 mg. It still works pretty well. I have occasionally had episodes of low blood pressure leading to dizziness but I'm not sure whether that it from Hytrin or other blood pressure medicine I take. My blood pressure seems to fluctuate a lot. Again, I don't know the cause(s).”

T/R November 27, 2013

“I have been taking this for night trips to the bathroom . Started a 3mg 2 years ago and just started slowly increasing to 10mg. I stopped taking due to the side effects of rapid pounding heart beat, chest pains, dizziness, no real change in sexual functions which is good thing. Not a big change in night trips to the bathroom. Off to the Doctor today.”

Tommydix · Taken for 10 years or more May 18, 2013

“Would not quit this medicine, it helps immensely.”

Anonymous March 27, 2012

“Using 10 mg/night for the last two months - it works okay but side effects include low libido, and a very noticeable reduction in endurance and muscle strength. As a distance runner - age 50 my performance is severely impacted running and in bed. Going to ask my Doctor to try something else.”

Good Luck! August 20, 2011

“I am 50yo and was on 1-4mg Hytrin for 7 months for urinary retention and disliked it. It barely made a dent in my symptoms, and made me tired and fatigued - muscles always felt weak, was frequently irritable and interfered with my sleep. Took forever to build up to 4mg. However, I still had a libido with few sexual side effect, which was a very nice surprise. Recommend trying it to see if it works even though it's one of the older alpha-blockers.”

Anonymous October 1, 2009

“Working well for me and I have had no side effects. I did reduce my other blood pressure medication.”

Anonymous July 21, 2009

“Have been using Hytrin for 8 or 9 years. Started on 5 mg, now taking 7mg every night. Get up once during the night in order to urinate. Flow strong. On the few times I forgot to take it. I could see a greatly reduced flow the next day. My PSA was never high. Now 1.1”

Anonymous June 16, 2009

“I hit 28 on the PSA test, was prescribed Hytrin and gradually went from 1 to 5 pills a night. After a couple weeks or so the side effects were so bad I had to stop taking it. Intense headaches, nausea. It was unpleasant. Awaiting my doctor to find something else, on the "plus" side, after a month my PSA went from 28.3 to 8.8 and I have no trouble peeing. ”

Anonymous March 17, 2009

“It's a wonder drug. I have been using it for the last four years and have found the problem to improve dramatically.”

big B. January 3, 2009

“I have been using it for more than 10 years now. Began with 1mg and now on 12mg. They are still working.”

Anonymous August 23, 2008

“My PSA level dropped from 15 to 5.8 in the first month of taking only 0.5mg of Hytrin each night. My urine flow has improved dramatically.”