User Reviews for Hytrin

Hytrin has an average rating of 7.3 out of 10 from a total of 15 ratings on Drugs.com. 67% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 20% reported a negative experience.

Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
6.9
High Blood Pressure
Hyperhidrosis  Off-label
Summary of Hytrin reviews 7.3 15 reviews

Reviews for Hytrin

Chazuu · May 16, 2015

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: “I have been on Hytrin for at last 20 years. Started at 1 mg. daily. It helped my flow immediately. Now at the age of 84 I am on 15 mg. It still works pretty well. I have occasionally had episodes of low blood pressure leading to dizziness but I'm not sure whether that it from Hytrin or other blood pressure medicine I take. My blood pressure seems to fluctuate a lot. Again, I don't know the cause(s).”

Anonymous · June 27, 2009

For High Blood Pressure: “Have been using Hytrin for about a year. It has lowered my blood pressure, helps me sleep and urinate and able to empty my bladder. Has not affected my sex life at all. Have woken and been dizzy, but I am able to slow myself and watch where I am going.”

dt1401 · May 14, 2010

For High Blood Pressure: “Well I have blood pressure that is normally high, but sometimes normal. I have only been on Hytrin for a few days. The first day it made me very dizzy and fill very bad. My blood pleasure went from an average of 160's/90's to 110's/60's. I am only on 1 mg. I only have been taking a 1/2 a mg since the first day.”

Anonymous · July 21, 2009

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: “Have been using Hytrin for 8 or 9 years. Started on 5 mg, now taking 7mg every night. Get up once during the night in order to urinate. Flow strong. On the few times I forgot to take it. I could see a greatly reduced flow the next day. My PSA was never high. Now 1.1”

Anonymous · March 27, 2012

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: “Using 10 mg/night for the last two months - it works okay but side effects include low libido, and a very noticeable reduction in endurance and muscle strength. As a distance runner - age 50 my performance is severely impacted running and in bed. Going to ask my Doctor to try something else.”

T/R · November 27, 2013

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: “I have been taking this for night trips to the bathroom . Started a 3mg 2 years ago and just started slowly increasing to 10mg. I stopped taking due to the side effects of rapid pounding heart beat, chest pains, dizziness, no real change in sexual functions which is good thing. Not a big change in night trips to the bathroom. Off to the Doctor today.”

Anonymous · June 16, 2009

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: “I hit 28 on the PSA test, was prescribed Hytrin and gradually went from 1 to 5 pills a night. After a couple weeks or so the side effects were so bad I had to stop taking it. Intense headaches, nausea. It was unpleasant. Awaiting my doctor to find something else, on the "plus" side, after a month my PSA went from 28.3 to 8.8 and I have no trouble peeing. ”

Good Luck! · August 20, 2011

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: “I am 50yo and was on 1-4mg Hytrin for 7 months for urinary retention and disliked it. It barely made a dent in my symptoms, and made me tired and fatigued - muscles always felt weak, was frequently irritable and interfered with my sleep. Took forever to build up to 4mg. However, I still had a libido with few sexual side effect, which was a very nice surprise. Recommend trying it to see if it works even though it's one of the older alpha-blockers.”

Anonymous · September 7, 2009

For Hyperhidrosis: “Works great! It has stopped the extreme sweating that was occurring from a side effect of Effexor. Anyone who is taking Effexor and have severe sweating problems this medication works great.”

Anonymous · August 23, 2008

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: “My PSA level dropped from 15 to 5.8 in the first month of taking only 0.5mg of Hytrin each night. My urine flow has improved dramatically.”

big B. · January 3, 2009

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: “I have been using it for more than 10 years now. Began with 1mg and now on 12mg. They are still working.”

brian lannen · May 21, 2009

For High Blood Pressure: “Hytrin is one of the few blood pressure medications that is controlling my hypertension problem. Very effective medication. I'm very happy with it.”

Anonymous · March 17, 2009

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: “It's a wonder drug. I have been using it for the last four years and have found the problem to improve dramatically.”

Tommydix · Taken for 10 years or more · May 18, 2013

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: “Would not quit this medicine, it helps immensely.”

Anonymous · October 1, 2009

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: “Working well for me and I have had no side effects. I did reduce my other blood pressure medication.”