User Reviews for Septra to treat Urinary Tract Infection

Septra has an average rating of 5.4 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Urinary Tract Infection. 38% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 25% reported a negative effect.

Septra Rating Summary

5.4/10 average rating

Compare all 291 medications used in the treatment of Urinary Tract Infection.

Jeneasterling28 January 12, 2013

“This medication makes me extremely tired and causes headaches but it seems to be working where other antibiotic treatments have failed to cure my infection. If you are able to tolerate the side effects it's has been a pretty good therapy for me.”

cristi7294 August 19, 2015

“Cleared infection right away but had to stop medicine early because of all of the side effects I had from this. 4 days later,still having some of the effects. Not sure how long the effects will last,but I never want to feel this bad again”

Jlynnie · Taken for less than 1 month September 9, 2014

“I've taken Septra DS before (with no side effects), but for some reason this time it is different! It has given me severe insomnia!! Very odd and super frustrating. Also has caused me a lot of nausea but doctor prescribed Zofran (also known as the miracle medicine for nausea), so that's better. Also feel a bit "out of it" and lethargic. One last strange symptom it's causing me is "urinary hesitancy." Had no idea there was such a thing until I spoke to my dr about it. Hoping these symptoms resolve or I may need to switch medicines, as only half way through this 10-day treatment.”

Now have insomnia! · Taken for less than 1 month February 7, 2020

“Septra was prescribed for a UTI 2 tabs daily for 5 days Since started 2 days ago I’ve been unable to fall asleep until the early morning hours! Very frustrating I will stop taking this drug due to the terrible insomnia The UTI seems to be cleared up though”

Mt.Lady August 23, 2015

“Makes me extremely nauseated. Cannot tolerate it. Have had multiple UTI's and septra sometimes doesn't get rid of the infection all the way. Causes insomnia and almost confusion.”

Anonymous October 15, 2009

“This medicine caused vomiting for me, whether my stomach was empty or not. I wish I could tolerate it, because it's a good treatment, but for those who are sensitive, this is not a good medicine.”

Anonymous December 24, 2009

“Caused nausea...but worked.”

Anonymous March 18, 2012

“I'm pretty sensitive to antibiotics and this one really makes me feel sick and tired and now I have an itchy rash. Have finished day 2 still 5 days of this to go.”

Gretz February 23, 2018

“No relief at all after 4 days of prescribed use. Got headaches, fever with chills, nausea, depression, constipation among other negatives”