User Reviews for Ayr Saline Nasal to treat Nasal Congestion

Ayr Saline Nasal has an average rating of 3.5 out of 10 from a total of 14 ratings for the treatment of Nasal Congestion. 21% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 64% reported a negative effect.

Ayr Saline Nasal Rating Summary

3.5/10 average rating

Compare all 184 medications used in the treatment of Nasal Congestion.

Reviews for Ayr Saline Nasal

A. S. · Taken for less than 1 month December 20, 2020

“Burns my nose. I would rather use regular saline and vaseline.”

Sie · Taken for less than 1 month November 23, 2020

“I had used it to try and protect my nose from irritation resulting from constantly blowing my stuffy and runny nose. The first application immediately started burning, way more than similar products have. I at first assumed it was because my nose was possibly already raw or irritated. But within the first two minutes the pain became unbearable and my nose was brighter than Rudolph’s. I washed it off and tried using cold water to ease the discomfort. Where I applied the gel started peeling and even now a full three days later, the area is still peeling and red.”

CC · Taken for less than 1 month September 16, 2020

“The Ayr Saline Nasal Gel burns my nostrils so bad. Then the sneezing starts and I end up having to blow my nose which removes most of the product.”

Mik · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 19, 2019

“I always use this saline to help thin my mucus. Works well. Noticed a lot of people on here saying they used the gel inside their nose. Don’t understand that when it specifically says not to and why! I wouldn’t even if a doctor said to. No wonder they had bad experiences!! The regular saline is all you need!”

Cster888 · Taken for less than 1 month January 29, 2019

“I bought the AYR Saline Nasal Gel on recommendation of my Pulmonary Dr. Almost immediately after using a little bit to coat the nasal interior I experienced sneezing and burning of the interior nasal cavity. My nose started to run. I am so thankful and I was able to blow most of this out. I tried it again tonight and I had the same experience. It is no in the garbage. I went back to using Organic Pure Sesame Seed Oil....”

Anonymous December 16, 2018

“I used the ayr gel to moisten my nasal passages and it caused the membranes to swell. Developed a headache and my throat has become very irritated, and have hoarseness. I stopped using it over a week ago and am still having problems. Do not recommend this product to anyone.”

Patty · Taken for less than 1 month May 4, 2019

“My respiratory doctor recommended the Ayr Saline Nasal Gel as my passages were dry and I developed a sore inside my nose from using my CPAP. After just a few days, the sore is healing and the dryness is gone. The Ayr worked and did exactly what I needed it to do for my dry and irritated nasal passages from CPAP”

Des2121 January 4, 2018

“I’ve been having very dry nasal passages, something I’ve never really experienced before, and my grandmother purchased the gel and another spray product from another brand. Upon using the gel, my nasal passages began to burn like crazy and it did not stop for about 10 minutes. It should also be said that it didn’t really do the job either.”

Yecrirp March 3, 2018

“I normally use the regular AYR Nasal Saline Spray, but I bought and tried the AYR allergy & sinus nasal mist. Within a day or two, I noticed that I was having difficulty breathing . Running short of breath when just going up the stairs. I passed the static EKG and the treadmill stress tests that my doctor ordered. Thank God! The doctors who looked at my results suggested that I stop using the AYR Sinus and Allergy nasal spray because they suspected that I may me be allergic to the increased hypotonic solution of sodium chloride. Note: the regular solution had .65 percent . The Sinus and Allergy solution has 2.65 percent of the hypotonic sodium chloride.”

Vbrish · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 4, 2017

“Makes me sneeze every time, and is scented which is irritating and may even be the cause of the sneezing. Despite that, I persist in its use as its moisturizing gel properties are entirely effective.”

mykeynb April 28, 2017

“I purchased Ayr Nasal Mist after experiencing another nose bleed and reading that saline spray would help keep nose not so dry. Immediately after taking just a small spray in each nostril I developed a sore throat, sneezing and throat irritation similar to a cold. I have not taken any more of this product and my symptoms are slowly clearing up. I also experienced headaches. At first I thought it was just a coincidence and I was getting a cold but after reading about this product now I know I cannot use it ever again. I should have read this before I purchased it.”

Lex1222 March 14, 2015

“I just tried this, a pharmacist recommended to it me to keep my nose from drying out from using my oral inhaler, I often get bad nose bleeds. This stuff burns like crazy! I put just a tiny bit in the front part of each nostril. I felt like my nose was on FIRE. And the post-nasal drip that went down the back of my throat burned quite a bit too. After about 4 mins my nose feels better, but to be honest, I'm not sure it's because the stuff worked or because the burning stopped. Next time, if there is a next time, I'll try just putting a bit above my upper lip in front of my nostrils. ”

Turku · Taken for less than 1 month April 25, 2016

“I have used it two separate times and both times I have ended up with a severe sore throat, and laryngitis. Something I did not have before use. I blame it on the Ayr dripping down the back of my throat. I followed directions exactly.”

Tim · Taken for less than 1 month June 7, 2019

“The gel has been very helpful in clearing up my chronic sinusitis. No side effects that I notice. Seems great!”

mark lindy September 11, 2016

“swelling of tissue above eyelids”