User Reviews for Sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate

Also known as: Disposable Enema, Fleet Enema, Fleet Enema EXTRA, Fleet EZ-Prep, Fleet Phospho Soda, OsmoPrep, Pedia-Lax Enema, Phosphate Laxative, Visicol

Constipation
9.2

Bowel Preparation
5.6

Summary of Sodium biphosphate/sodium phosphate reviews 8.5 41 reviews

Reviews for Sodium biphosphate/sodium phosphate

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: "I had hernia repair surgery resulting in a ileus. Doctor prescribed Miralax and glycerin suppositories. Pain was off the charts. I was in the hospital for 3 weeks due to complications. Finally I was given several enemas and the relief was immediate. I just wonder why they made me wait so long."

Jonz (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 12, 2018

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: "Suffered from constipation for years. Not the first time I've used this but again, it has pulled the plug within a few minutes of using. About 10-15 mins on the loo, a lot of noise (gas)? but definitely feel better. To counteract any chills others describe I always have a warm bath run ready to get into."

Chachalardi February 13, 2018

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: "I've been taking strong pain medication for a long time. I've tried stool softeners, laxatives, powder, fiber, I mean everything you could think of. At one point I hadn't had a bowel movement in more than a week. So around once a week I do an enema. It is the only thing that helps. I've spent upwards of 5 hours on the toilet and had to literally pull poop from my butt (I wore gloves). The pain was ferocious. But the enema gets stuff going and I couldn't live without it."

Boston2002 January 8, 2018

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: "I was constipated for 5 days I also have hemorrhoids I couldn't go at all I I think I waited too long by the time I tried using colace so I went to CVS and for around 4 dollars I got fleet. Let me just say I felt very uncomfortable it felt it felt really weird I was scared to use it even a minute later I had to go. I didn't even use the whole bottle as directed. My advice just take your time it's well worth it."

Spurt (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2018

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: "I used the Fleet Extra Strength Enema kit and I feel like a new person! I felt the urge to go in just 4 minutes! However, the only downfall is the cramps that follow until your whole colon is cleansed. These cramps lasted about 7 minutes and once everything was out of me I felt amazing! Highly recommend the extra strength version!"

Not Constipated Anymore January 1, 2018

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: "I’ve been constipated for a week now due to doctor prescribing zofran. I tried everything. Stool softeners, juice, milk of magnesia, and nothing was working. Saw fleet in store and thought I’d give it a try. It is easy to use, has lubricant, but had to get S/O to help due to I couldn’t hold it in for that long. In about 5 minutes it started to work. It was a little painful (cramping) but nothing like other laxatives cause. I feel completely empty and better then ever!"

mommitobe (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2017

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: "Perfect. Worked extremely fast. I was backed up for about 6 days before using fleet. I was scared to use it at first, but the lube on the tip made the experience as painless as it could be. I had relief in 5 minutes."

Guest2269 October 15, 2017

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: "So good that I went on the internet and wrote a review on a poop product. Works better than anything. Once a year I get horribly painful sudden constipation and this was the first time I had this product on hand. Usually I'm in an hour of pain and anxiety, today only two minutes of it! ."

Poop dog (taken for less than 1 month) October 14, 2017

OsmoPrep (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Bowel Preparation: "I have taken OsmoPrep twice, once for my Colonoscopy, the second time for surgery. I had no problems either time. No vomiting, cramps, pain. I did have to cut the pills in half because it was difficult for me to swallow them. Other then that, no problems."

NDRich (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 18, 2017

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: "I'm 7 days post spinal surgery and had been provided stool softener after surgery to help movement. After 4 days, trying sennacot, dulcolax, Beet root juice, plums, prunes & milk of magnesia I tried Fleet. Like the other reviews state, it isn't really uncomfortable, but just gets things moving. I recommend that you buy more than one, as I bought the twin pack and it was only a few dollars. First use, I only moved things enough that the hard bits came away. Then, there was some relief. Later that evening, I guess finally the other items I taken pushed the rest through so I had bad diarrhea on/off for a while. However, I felt 10X better. The next day, I kept normal with a bowel movement and again on day 7, I'm using the 2nd bottle."

hrnyc01 (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2017

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: "I love these. My fiancée has been struggling with intense constipation. She hasn't had a bowel movement other than a few bunny poops in two weeks. We finally decided to do the enema. The top is incredibly easy to push it. She said it was s tiny bit uncomfortable but didn't hurt. I squeezed about 1/4-1/2 into her rectum, at times slowly and other times quickly accidentally before she screamed to take it out and rushed to the bathroom. She's been having a successful bowel movement for ten minutes! That's how much was impacted. And it only took three minutes of this enema to get it out!"

Anonymous August 7, 2017

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: "I had complications after surgery to remove infected mesh after hernia repair. I was diagnosed with an illus and given oral laxatives and glycerine suppositories all to avail. The trapped gas pains were excruciating. My nurse suggested a fleet enema to get things moving. I got relief within minutes. The enema was repeated and I was completely pain free. Wish I was given an enema sooner."

No go (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2017

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: "I'm 18, and I have had chronic constipation for as long as I can remember. I haven't been able to go to the bathroom in about a week, but I still had the urge to go, but nothing was going so I knew I had stool that was clogged up. Within these 4 days, I had taken miralax and dulcolax and eating lots of fiber, but nothing was helping. I was in excruciating pain and was considering going to the ER until I took this enema. It is very easy to use and not too uncomfortable and super affordable. It worked within minutes and cleaned out my whole colon! While I'm a little sore and shaky, it is much more bearable than the constipation cramping and bloating!"

Anonymous June 26, 2017

Fleet Enema EXTRA (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: "So I have Crohn's disease and I get constipated A LOT most times after pushing for 20-30 mins it finally comes out! This time I knew something was different( I'm also pregnant) I looked up info and after sitting in a warm/hot bath I found enemas online. I went out and got the extra one and after using it, it took about 10 mins because I was super backed up! But the relief was soooo worth it! Not sure if it's for everyone but I got super hot, and nauseous right after taking it! But it works !"

Reba90 May 22, 2017

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: "After stomach surgery & stool softener & 5 days of not going I called the doctor and he put me on a powdered laxative that I took for 3 days & still didn't go 8 days later I found myself in more severe pain and pushing to go with no relief was so bad I was crying and couldn't get off the bowl for 4 hrs finally. I got the fleet enema & was able to do it by myself (that was a relief) it was very easy & painless ( I feared it would be painful ) with in 1 min of finishing the solution I felt I had to go 1st it came out watery and then it broke my plug (that hurt a little as it was hard nothing as bad as the constipation pain) I went for about 10 mins I was sweating like crazy after I was very shaky for a hr. It was amazing and helpful"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2017

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Bowel Preparation: "Just used this product for first time in preparation for hemorrhoid removal surgery in the morning. It kicked in within 3-4 minutes. Seems to have cleared things for now. I get to do it again in the morning, oh joy. "

Bobo_Austin December 1, 2016

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: "Did not finish the bottle because I immediately felt the urge. Had a lot of cramps but listened to music to get my mind off of it. Started around 6:30pm kept getting up to use restroom. Felt good after two hours. Give yourself enough time. Definitely worth it!"

stephie6 November 2, 2016

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: "I was having constipation issues and hard stools that wouldn't come out due to Medicine I was on for bladder infection. So I went an got a fleet enema and took it within a second of taking it, I was able to go but it hurt cause the plug wasn't closed and the stool had to break free of that and once it did everything came out. It left me sweating alot and minor cramps in my stomach while using the bathroom but after like 5 to 10 minutes cramping stopped and I felt better. Fleet is good but if your poop is so hard it hurts when it does finally come out."

Jay324 August 29, 2016

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: "I had surgery and was told beforehand that I would experience constipation for 2-3 days afterwards. Five days later and I had gotten no relief. I had tried oral laxatives, prune juice, I drank plenty of water and ate tons of fruit. It eventually got unbearable and I had the most horrible cramps. I tried the Fleet Saline Enema for the first time and got immediate relief. I was initially thrilled with the results, however throughout the day and night I experienced some stomach spasms and diarrhea. They weren't terrible and were definitely not as bad as the constipation cramps and bloating. Just be aware it is a possibility before taking it. All in all I am very pleased with the Fleet Saline Enema."

Chey782 (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2016

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: "I have been trying everything for the last 9 days to produce a bowel movement. Everything from propylene glycol powder, to stool softener tablets, to trying even the suppository stool softeners and nothing was working. At the request of my doctor I tried Fleet enema. Well it did not completely evacuate my bowels on the first try, which is all I've done so far, it did at least listen the plug that was blocking me up. The relief was immediate, and I would recommend nothing short of Fleet enema. I hope it works as well for you as it did for me."

Ouch, until now (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2016

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Bowel Preparation: "Terrible product. Not the first time I have used for bowel prep for sigmoidoscopy and both times it has caused severe cramps, chills, headache and rectal bleeding. I am guessing if used for constipation perhaps not absorbing as much of the medication to get the severe cramps."

Jellwood76 February 3, 2016

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: "This helps (fleet rectal enema) after 10 to 20 minutes."

4 chronic opioid constipation (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2015

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: "Love it! Work's immediately."

sanni (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2015

OsmoPrep (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Bowel Preparation: "I thought this was the perfect solution for not having to drink a gallon of awful colon cleansing drink. Boy was I wrong. I ended up vomiting and not being able to finish the last six pills. I had to use 2 Fleets to finish cleaning it in the morning. It's 2 weeks after my procedure and I'm still having diarrhea and cramping. Next time, I'm power through the gallon of prep!"

happygal05/21 April 2, 2015

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: "I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome-C and was constipated since August with minimal Evacuation. Fleet Is my godsend."

sabkraz (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2014