User Reviews for Sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate

Also known as: Disposable Enema, Fleet Enema, Fleet Enema EXTRA, Fleet EZ-Prep, Fleet Phospho Soda, OsmoPrep, Pedia-Lax Enema, Phosphate Laxative, Visicol

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Sodium biphosphate/sodium phosphate.

Constipation
9.2

Bowel Preparation
5.6

Summary of Sodium biphosphate/sodium phosphate reviews 7.4 36 reviews

Reviews for Sodium biphosphate/sodium phosphate

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: "I’ve been constipated for a week now due to doctor prescribing zofran. I tried everything. Stool softeners, juice, milk of magnesia, and nothing was working. Saw fleet in store and thought I’d give it a try. It is easy to use, has lubricant, but had to get S/O to help due to I couldn’t hold it in for that long. In about 5 minutes it started to work. It was a little painful (cramping) but nothing like other laxatives cause. I feel completely empty and better then ever!"

mommitobe (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: "Perfect. Worked extremely fast. I was backed up for about 6 days before using fleet. I was scared to use it at first, but the lube on the tip made the experience as painless as it could be. I had relief in 5 minutes."

Guest2269 October 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: "So good that I went on the internet and wrote a review on a poop product. Works better than anything. Once a year I get horribly painful sudden constipation and this was the first time I had this product on hand. Usually I'm in an hour of pain and anxiety, today only two minutes of it! ."

Poop dog (taken for less than 1 month) October 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

OsmoPrep (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Bowel Preparation: "I have taken OsmoPrep twice, once for my Colonoscopy, the second time for surgery. I had no problems either time. No vomiting, cramps, pain. I did have to cut the pills in half because it was difficult for me to swallow them. Other then that, no problems."

NDRich (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: "I'm 7 days post spinal surgery and had been provided stool softener after surgery to help movement. After 4 days, trying sennacot, dulcolax, Beet root juice, plums, prunes & milk of magnesia I tried Fleet. Like the other reviews state, it isn't really uncomfortable, but just gets things moving. I recommend that you buy more than one, as I bought the twin pack and it was only a few dollars. First use, I only moved things enough that the hard bits came away. Then, there was some relief. Later that evening, I guess finally the other items I taken pushed the rest through so I had bad diarrhea on/off for a while. However, I felt 10X better. The next day, I kept normal with a bowel movement and again on day 7, I'm using the 2nd bottle."

hrnyc01 (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: "I love these. My fiancée has been struggling with intense constipation. She hasn't had a bowel movement other than a few bunny poops in two weeks. We finally decided to do the enema. The top is incredibly easy to push it. She said it was s tiny bit uncomfortable but didn't hurt. I squeezed about 1/4-1/2 into her rectum, at times slowly and other times quickly accidentally before she screamed to take it out and rushed to the bathroom. She's been having a successful bowel movement for ten minutes! That's how much was impacted. And it only took three minutes of this enema to get it out!"

Anonymous August 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: "I had complications after surgery to remove infected mesh after hernia repair. I was diagnosed with an illus and given oral laxatives and glycerine suppositories all to avail. The trapped gas pains were excruciating. My nurse suggested a fleet enema to get things moving. I got relief within minutes. The enema was repeated and I was completely pain free. Wish I was given an enema sooner."

No go (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: "I'm 18, and I have had chronic constipation for as long as I can remember. I haven't been able to go to the bathroom in about a week, but I still had the urge to go, but nothing was going so I knew I had stool that was clogged up. Within these 4 days, I had taken miralax and dulcolax and eating lots of fiber, but nothing was helping. I was in excruciating pain and was considering going to the ER until I took this enema. It is very easy to use and not too uncomfortable and super affordable. It worked within minutes and cleaned out my whole colon! While I'm a little sore and shaky, it is much more bearable than the constipation cramping and bloating!"

Anonymous June 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Fleet Enema EXTRA (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: "So I have Crohn's disease and I get constipated A LOT most times after pushing for 20-30 mins it finally comes out! This time I knew something was different( I'm also pregnant) I looked up info and after sitting in a warm/hot bath I found enemas online. I went out and got the extra one and after using it, it took about 10 mins because I was super backed up! But the relief was soooo worth it! Not sure if it's for everyone but I got super hot, and nauseous right after taking it! But it works !"

Reba90 May 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: "After stomach surgery & stool softener & 5 days of not going I called the doctor and he put me on a powdered laxative that I took for 3 days & still didn't go 8 days later I found myself in more severe pain and pushing to go with no relief was so bad I was crying and couldn't get off the bowl for 4 hrs finally. I got the fleet enema & was able to do it by myself (that was a relief) it was very easy & painless ( I feared it would be painful ) with in 1 min of finishing the solution I felt I had to go 1st it came out watery and then it broke my plug (that hurt a little as it was hard nothing as bad as the constipation pain) I went for about 10 mins I was sweating like crazy after I was very shaky for a hr. It was amazing and helpful"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Bowel Preparation: "Just used this product for first time in preparation for hemorrhoid removal surgery in the morning. It kicked in within 3-4 minutes. Seems to have cleared things for now. I get to do it again in the morning, oh joy. "

Bobo_Austin December 1, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: "Did not finish the bottle because I immediately felt the urge. Had a lot of cramps but listened to music to get my mind off of it. Started around 6:30pm kept getting up to use restroom. Felt good after two hours. Give yourself enough time. Definitely worth it!"

stephie6 November 2, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: "I was having constipation issues and hard stools that wouldn't come out due to Medicine I was on for bladder infection. So I went an got a fleet enema and took it within a second of taking it, I was able to go but it hurt cause the plug wasn't closed and the stool had to break free of that and once it did everything came out. It left me sweating alot and minor cramps in my stomach while using the bathroom but after like 5 to 10 minutes cramping stopped and I felt better. Fleet is good but if your poop is so hard it hurts when it does finally come out."

Jay324 August 29, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: "I had surgery and was told beforehand that I would experience constipation for 2-3 days afterwards. Five days later and I had gotten no relief. I had tried oral laxatives, prune juice, I drank plenty of water and ate tons of fruit. It eventually got unbearable and I had the most horrible cramps. I tried the Fleet Saline Enema for the first time and got immediate relief. I was initially thrilled with the results, however throughout the day and night I experienced some stomach spasms and diarrhea. They weren't terrible and were definitely not as bad as the constipation cramps and bloating. Just be aware it is a possibility before taking it. All in all I am very pleased with the Fleet Saline Enema."

Chey782 (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: "I have been trying everything for the last 9 days to produce a bowel movement. Everything from propylene glycol powder, to stool softener tablets, to trying even the suppository stool softeners and nothing was working. At the request of my doctor I tried Fleet enema. Well it did not completely evacuate my bowels on the first try, which is all I've done so far, it did at least listen the plug that was blocking me up. The relief was immediate, and I would recommend nothing short of Fleet enema. I hope it works as well for you as it did for me."

Ouch, until now (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Bowel Preparation: "Terrible product. Not the first time I have used for bowel prep for sigmoidoscopy and both times it has caused severe cramps, chills, headache and rectal bleeding. I am guessing if used for constipation perhaps not absorbing as much of the medication to get the severe cramps."

Jellwood76 February 3, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: "This helps (fleet rectal enema) after 10 to 20 minutes."

4 chronic opioid constipation (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: "Love it! Work's immediately."

sanni (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

OsmoPrep (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Bowel Preparation: "I thought this was the perfect solution for not having to drink a gallon of awful colon cleansing drink. Boy was I wrong. I ended up vomiting and not being able to finish the last six pills. I had to use 2 Fleets to finish cleaning it in the morning. It's 2 weeks after my procedure and I'm still having diarrhea and cramping. Next time, I'm power through the gallon of prep!"

happygal05/21 April 2, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: "I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome-C and was constipated since August with minimal Evacuation. Fleet Is my godsend."

sabkraz (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: "Used Fleet 5 minutes later all came out."

doo doo deb (taken for less than 1 month) November 25, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Fleet Phospho Soda (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: "I have suffered from a Major Depressive Disorder for many years now and have always suffered from the constipation side effect of taking Venlafaxine (the active ingredient in Effexor and Elaxine. .. dont know about other antidepressants). I used Fleet Phospho Soda for the 1st time about 18 months ago and it was a very welcomed relief. When taking Fleet I follow the following regime: Mix 1/3 of a single bottle with 250ml water (as directed) ready the next round straight away then set a 10min timer on my phone when timer goes off, down the next glass as fast as you can (tastes like crap) ready the next round and set timer again. when timer goes off, down the last round. Activity usually takes for me, approx 3-4 hours to take effect."

AussieMatt (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 20, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Bowel Preparation: "Used Fleet for bowel prep before a sigmoidoscopy. It was extremely painful, made me sick to my stomach for hours, the chills and shakes, increased heart rate, cramping even after I emptied my bowels. "

badexperience February 20, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: "I was having HORRIBLE cramps from being so constipated and knew instantly to go buy a Fleet. Cleared everything right up! No more cramps either!"

BowelBertha (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

OsmoPrep (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Bowel Preparation: "After about the third set of 4 pills each followed by 8oz of water I had projectile vomiting. I was so sick and in so much pain. I thought it was going to be a great alternative to the liquid prep which I can not tolerate at all. Now a week later and I am still having bloating, stomach cramps, black bowel movements, weight gain and very swollen ankles (which is something I have never suffered from). I also did not take the last set of 4 pills and had to give myself a fleets enema to complete the prep. I noticed afterward however that it says to use caution if taking lisinopril and oxycodone so perhaps that is why I had such a difficult time."

Anonymous July 29, 2012