User Reviews for Sodium biphosphate/sodium phosphate

Also known as: Fleet Enema, OsmoPrep, Disposable Enema, Fleet Phospho Soda, Fleet EZ-Prep Pedia-Lax Enema Fleet Enema EXTRA

Constipation   9.2
Bowel Preparation   5.2

Reviews for Sodium biphosphate/sodium phosphate

Winghop January 30, 2021

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: “This Fleet Enema stuff really works. If your scared don't be. I really thought there was no way this fleet would break up what I had up there but did it ever. It is just unbelievable. I usually use mineral oil but I had used a couple over about a weeks time. The problem was my intestines just didn't want push out a giant brick out of my butt and no amount of yelling at my butt was gonna work. Wish I had used sooner but I was nervous it wouldn't work even seeing all the reviews of people saying don't be nervous. I'm telling you they are right the stuff is awesome. Wish it could be used more often but can cause dependence.”

Constipated guy · Taken for 10 years or more January 9, 2021

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: “I have used fleet enemas for decades, they are a life saver for me”

Happy-go-lucky-lady December 19, 2020

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: “I have OIC (opioid induced constipation) and recently hadn't made a BM (bowel movement) in over a week or so. I just started this new medication so I am new to constipation in general. About 4 days ago I had a slight urge to make a BM and went to sit on the pot. My stool had become painfully impacted. After this experience I was immensely traumatized and took a stool softener as well as upped my water intake. After a few days of being terrified to even flex my sphincter to relieve flatulence I decide to try a Fleet enema to help the fecal impaction thats causing me so much distress. While mildly uncomfortable, the risk is very much worth the reward. After 10 minutes of naturally letting my colon release I had a strong urge to push and it relieved the impaction. I highly recommend! Also a bit sorry for the TMI, but if you've found yourself in a similar position as mine, I'm sure you're seeking all the comfort and reassurance you can muster. Have a lovely day and best of luck to all!”

Lily · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 15, 2020

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: “I can’t go to the bathroom unless I use fleet enemas it’s made me codependent that my brain won’t signal to give me an urge. Either I use the enema or I will never get relief and when do use them they put a lot of gas on my stomach which makes me bloated and uncomfortable. No matter how hard I have tried to drink prune, apple or take stool softeners I am unable to evacuate. I can do 3 fleets before I feel better to start my day but they leave me bloated and poop mucus. I wish I never started using them because now I can’t go to the bathroom on my own like a normal human being.”

Anonymous November 15, 2020

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: “I had the worst stomach cramping of my life was constipated for 5 days. I’m typing this whole on the toilet FLEET ENEMA WAS SUCH A RELIEF. My only regret was not doing it SOONER. It exploded right out of me I was nervous for it not to work and I would be pushing without any relief but this thing worked like a miracle. Amazing”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 27, 2020

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Bowel Preparation: “I’m sure this is great for constipation, but I was not constipated and told to use for bowel prep before an examination - was fine and easy to initially evacuate and then had no issues. But about 4 hours later I’ve started experiencing unexpected stomach cramps and diarrhea. Not sure why the effects are lingering for me.”

Mandi October 6, 2020

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: “Omg. I don’t even know where to begin. I am 35 weeks pregnant and suffering from severe constipation. I had a fecal impaction in my lower colon/rectum. The pain was/is unbearable. Hemorrhoids, urinary retention, you name it. It was/is bad. I’ve tried dolcolax stool softeners, Miralax and Gatorade, prune juice, increased water intake, and milk of magnesia. NOTHING. So this morning I went to the Dr. they prescribed me with an enema as a last option before trying digitally removing the impaction. 3 hours in the bathroom after administering the enema, I passed 10-11 incredibly large and hard stools. It was such a painful experience. Leaky bowels followed for the rest of the afternoon, and I couldn’t get away from the bathroom to save my life. Nor did I want to. I still have more emptying to do. I can tell I’m not out of the woods yet, but the Fleet Enema was the ONLY thing that moved my bowels.”

Sammie0314 · Taken for less than 1 month October 3, 2020

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: “So, I have battled chronic constipation since childhood. There are times where I wouldn’t go for about 1.5-2 weeks. I’d be miserable. This time, I had a bad bowel obstruction from not going for 1.5 weeks. I was bloated, nauseated, not eating/drinking, shaky, irritable, and I just wasn’t happy. I had a hard time sleeping. My anxiety was SO bad. My doctor prescribed MiraLax and Senna-Lax (8.6 mg) and nothing was working. My husband went to the store this morning (10:30) and brought back an enema for me. I took it at 12:00 on the dot. I was slightly uncomfortable, but it was better than the side effects from constipation! It took about 8 minutes for it to work, due to the severity of my obstruction. It is now 1:00 pm and I feel so much better! A little pressure in the anal area, but soooo much better!!!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 3, 2020

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: “I had the gastric sleeve surgery almost a year ago and as a result, I get backed up easily if i don’t take MOM (Milk of magnesia) nightly. Well I forgot my MOM the other night and sure enough, I became miserable pretty fast. I had tried these before and they worked but no one wants to use an enema so I waited. I shouldn’t of waited! This morning I tried on my own and knew I’d be in trouble if I didn’t intervene. So I went ahead and administered the enema. The trick is to hold on as long as possible and, not to go right away. The saline makes you think you have to go but you need to wait to let it do its job otherwise, you’ll just evacuate the saline. Sit down and let it work it’s magic for a few minutes. It’s worked in as little as 2 min and today it took about 8. But once it worked, I was a bit uncomfortable with the cramping and stretching but it’s worth it! An hour later and I’m a little raw but empty and comfortable! Ready to take on my day!”

IBS and pregnant · Taken for less than 1 month September 3, 2020

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: “My fissure was so excruciating painful and passing stools made me cry and scream. Holding in the stool eased my immediate fissure pain but the constipation was only getting worse day after day. After attempting to manually evacuate for 3 days I got scared of serious impaction. After 1 minute of using this Fleet Enema product the painful and hard stool finally pushed it way out forcefully. It was truly something else. I'm glad I bought the 4 pack incase this happens again further down the pregnancy. This enema truly works for hard compacted stools. I would recommend and purchase again if needed.”

Naturalmedicineisbest August 22, 2020

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Bowel Preparation: “I had a horrific reaction to this Fleet Enema when I had to use for a bowel prep. I have internal hemorrhoids and did not know it until after my scope, but my insertion was horrible. It got 10 times worse when I applied the fluid. It was so bad I was could only use 1/2 the bottle because of the pain. I had to go to the bathroom immediately where most the water came strait out, I did go to the bathroom as well. But I had so much rectal swelling, seriously it had me in tears. I would prefer magnesium citrate any day then to have to go back through that. I also still have rectal pain from the trauma and it’s been almost a month now. Please be careful!”

BoweledMeOver · Taken for less than 1 month July 29, 2020

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: “This Fleet Enema worked very effectively for my constipation. It was quick and painless (I mean, I’m not saying it was fun, but did not hurt at all). The results were almost instantaneous. I was suffering from very bad and painful constipation, which was relieved in a hurry. I think I should have tried to retain the solution for longer than I did, but it was hard to do because the urge to go was immediate after I applied the enema. Recommend strongly!”

Mother of 2 June 20, 2020

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: “The pain beforehand was unbearable, couldn’t get myself to push anything out. Tried Miralax & milk of magnesia but I think they made everything worse. Told myself if fleet enema doesn’t work I’m going to the hospital, thankfully it did. I was soooo nervous about using this because before whenever I got the urge it would be so painful but I didn’t want to push because it would be pointless, so I just held my checks together. After reading all the stories, I finally got the guts to do it thinking what’s the worst that can happen. I was blocked alright & it was painful. I took the enema and hooped on the toilet. Small pieces came out but then I HAD to jump in the shower to get the rest out. It was such a relief when it finally did & it was so much too. About 1-2 hours later I began to have diarrhea but couldn’t pass it all because I was sore and on fire. Gonna wait until I’m healed a little & hopefully it doesn’t hurt too bad in the morning. Yes please get this product,”

Laura dan · Taken for less than 1 month June 7, 2020

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: “Hi everyone, well I tried a enema after 7 days of no bowl motion and I’m sad to say it did not work very well it got things started and a little bit came out but I was straining way to hard and started to get dizzy, so I’m sorry for saying this (TMI) but I had to put gloves on and remove it manually. It was a massive rock one after another I finally got it all out, but what a horrible experience never ever want to go through that again ever. I’m very sore now and had some bleeding. I have used an enema in the past and it work great no problems a bit of pain but went so fast nothing. This time not so good. But I am happy it’s all over with now and I feel much better. Sorry for the disgusting details but wanted to let people know if your really really badly blocked it might not work on it own and might need some help along the way!! Good luck for anyone trying for the first time. It is a life saver not going to lie!! Night!”

Sophia · Taken for less than 1 month May 29, 2020

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Bowel Preparation: “Used before surgery day. I passed out. I don't know why. The surgery is today. Wondering if I should let the surgeon know. Afraid of rescheduling procedure.”

SadGirl · Taken for less than 1 month May 29, 2020

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: “I’m wondering if there are different kinds of fleet enema’s and I got the wrong one. It’s not working and it did not have lubrication on the tip like other people have mentioned. I’ve been constipated for a week because I have a bad kidney stone and I’m taking pain meds (which constipate you) and Zofran. After trying everything else you can think of, I read reviews online about the Fleet enema and got one from Walmart. About 5 minutes after administration, I felt the need to go and expelled all of the fluid, but only a few pebbles of stool. I was straining and couldn’t do anymore. I decided to try to squeeze in the last few drops from the bottle. It’s been almost an hour and it hasn’t worked for me. I can feel it ready to come out but it won’t, and my stomach is a rock. I’m hating life right now”

Tina52176 May 26, 2020

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: “I never thought I’d use an enema, but now I always keep a spare, just in case. What a relief! The last time it took the enema longer to work (for full relief) and I thought I might have to use a second bottle, but I found that applying a hot washcloth to my anus (and that area) almost instantly caused me to expel the hard stool that was causing the issue. Thanks to whom ever recommended that - I thought it was silly at first - so much straining and chemicals didn’t do the job, but a hot compress would? Not sure if it would have worked on it’s own, but would recommend trying it.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month April 4, 2020

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: “Let me tell you, I put off this whole enema thing for 2 days! Then the pain was unbearable! So I listened to my wife and BOOM!! I feel 1000% back to normal!!!! My only regret is not using this sooner!! My bowel motion was slightly painful when coming out, but the RELIEF after was WELL WORTH IT!! TRUST ME! I’m a 6’7” construction worker very high pain tolerance, but the constipation was bringing me to my knees! THANK YOU THANK YOU Fleet Enema!!”

Kat March 19, 2020

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: “I used a FLEET enema for the first time today. I felt the urge after a few minutes, I tried to go and nothing happened. I waited an hour and still nothing happened. Out of desperation I took 2 gentle laxatives and now I have diarrhea. I guess my point is the enema didn’t work as quick as I hoped.”

HH · Taken for less than 1 month March 7, 2020

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: “The big question: does this work? The answer: 100% YES! I was constipated with an impossible to pass hard stool for about 5 days. Tried stool softeners, lots of water, coffee, etc with no results. Though I was having no pain, the bloated discomfort was too much. So, I ate my pride and went to the neighborhood pharmacy and purchased a Fleet enema. It was cheaper than the ineffective stool softener. I got home and inserted it (by far the worst part). After about 2 minutes had the run to the bathroom. At first I panicked because the liquid came out but felt no stool coming. After about 30 seconds the hard stool came but once again it felt too hard to pass. But, after a few seconds it (sorry for the description) exploded out. There was very minor pain passing but nothing major. I stayed on the toilet for a few minute to be sure I I was complete. Now, 100% done and feel great. Highly recommend this product.”

cherry · Taken for less than 1 month February 10, 2020

Fleet Enema EXTRA (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: “This WORKS!! I never take the time to write reviews but this gave me so much relief. I have had impacted stool/constipation twice in the past two weeks. The first time I used a suppository and it didn't work at all; in fact, it made the pain worse. I finally decided to try this enema the second time around. It didn't hurt to put it in, but it did hurt pretty badly when the stool was coming out. 10-15 minutes later, two huge mounds of impacted stool popped right out. I was sooooo relieved. Use this if you have impacted stool/constipation. Note: I did have to get in the bathtub after administering the enema and pooped in the bath, kind of gross but it did the trick. Cleaned myself and bathtub thoroughly after.”

New Mom · Taken for less than 1 month January 11, 2020

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: “First pregnancy and 14 days after labor I was struggling with constipation. I had only had small bowel movements the first week post labor, and the second week none at all for 5 days. I could actually feel the hard stool in my rectum and I had just pushed a 7lb 8ounce baby out of my vagina but couldn’t handle this. The pain was ridiculous. I took stool softeners, drank smooth move tea, and finally resorted to allowing my husband administer a fleet enema. Wish I did this from the very start. He began administering at 8:11am and now at 8:30 I feel normal again! (although it only took 7 min to really work.”

:) December 30, 2019

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: “I have been having constipation for the last month or so, pooping once to twice a week. The stool would be very hard and caused much rectal pain and bleeding after. Recently I had a stool that was just too big and too hard to push out because it was way too hard and very very painful. It had already been almost 5 day since my last BM so I tried suppositories. After I spent an hour or so crying trying to poop after trying suppositories. They didn't work so I turned to this enema. Although it did hurt a bit the stool came out very easily after I pushed really hard. Didn't cause diarrhea, cramping or anything after. Worked fast and easily. I'd recommend this for sure.”

Jay · Taken for less than 1 month December 23, 2019

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: “I was nervous about taking an enema after I tried another laxative and had excruciating cramps. I was desperate though so I did it. Didn't hurt one but and easy to do. I thought it would feel weird filling up with fluid but other that the temperature it felt like nothing. I felt the urge after like 2 mins and immediately released all the fluid and no bm. Thought it wasn't working. Then 5min later it worked SO WELL over and over. Never felt better. Effects lasted 30mins and for comfort I sat on the toilet seat with a heating pad on my stomach the whole time. Super minor discomfort in abdomen right before a BM release for like 10 seconds but no severe cramping at all. All my bloating, constant strained tiny bms, gas, and chest back pain gone! Try it if you need it!!”

Fleet enema lover · Taken for less than 1 month December 5, 2019

Fleet Enema (sodium biphosphate / sodium phosphate) for Constipation: “OMG! This was the only thing that gave me any type of relief for almost 3 weeks!!!’ Went to the doctor at the two week mark, was prescribed pegalax, didn’t work, tried a bunch of home remedies nothing worked! Was prescribed a suppository and was to scared so my mom went and got me a fleet enema!!!!! Only hurt a tiny bit when it was being inserted but from then on I was fine!!!! It really got everything out!!!! WHAT A RELIEF!!!!! I was so nauseous and bloated I couldn’t even eat! Now I feel like a new person and have such a weight lifted off my shoulders! I have emetophobia! ( fear of vomiting) and was scared it would make me nauseous but it didn’t! Not even one bit! I mean having diarrhea is no fun but it’s so much better than feeling bloated and just horrible!! Was so worth it!!!!!”