User Reviews for Sipuleucel-T to treat Prostate Cancer

Also known as: Provenge

Sipuleucel-T has an average rating of 5.6 out of 10 from a total of 7 ratings for the treatment of Prostate Cancer. 29% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 29% reported a negative experience.

Sipuleucel-T rating summary

5.6/10 average rating

Compare all 59 medications used in the treatment of Prostate Cancer.

mmandd · November 15, 2010

Provenge (sipuleucel-T): “I am wife of man who just completed Provenge series. Can't really rate this as effects not yet known, so rated it average - for now. He has felt flu-like (fatigue, muscle aches, joint pains) for longer than the one or 2 days noted in the literature on Provenge. His PSA has increased quite a bit in the weeks following the beginning of the Provenge. Not clear why this is. Could be the course of the disease, or could be the effects of prostate cells being killed and fragmented, which would be a positive thing.”

mikey boy · Taken for 1 to 6 months · January 27, 2020

Provenge (sipuleucel-T): “Finished my last treatment in June 2019, when I started the treatment was painting my house and had no major health problems other than cancer and some depression all in all feeling pretty good. Buy the time I finished my second treatment felt very tired more depressed than ever the feeling is hard to put in words, headache ,blood pressure up. First time ever, sick couldn't and did not want to get off the couch, might be described best felt like I was poisoned my entire body was strained and much worse than any flu you could imagine. Spoke to Provenge, no help 0, as well with DR”

hot dog · September 29, 2017

Provenge (sipuleucel-T): “Two and a haft weeks ago I completed my third Provenge treatment. It will be two months before I receive a pet scan to set a base line. What I do want to say is I am having strong muscle and joint pain. Has this happen to anyone else? How long should I expect this to go on?”

Dave S. · Taken for 1 to 6 months · December 23, 2016

“Before starting Provenge my PSA was at 4.85 after the three Provenge infusions my PSA elevated and was at 40.3. There was no significant side effects, maybe slight fatigue, but the final results were not satisfactory at all.”

jcivetta · September 8, 2011

Provenge (sipuleucel-T): “I FELT better after receiving the course. I definitely am glad I had it as I am still feeling well with PSA in the teens and a lumbar metastasis. If it adds months to my life, this is when I want it.”

pee-wee · July 31, 2015

Provenge (sipuleucel-T): “Have no side effects to speak of. None of the usual predicted Side effects. PSA was in the high teens before provenge. That dropped to 1.03 PSA. After treatment.”

Melman · Taken for 1 to 6 months · August 22, 2018

Provenge (sipuleucel-T): “I have completed 3 treatments, but I have not had any tests to find out any results of the treatments. After the pet scan and blood tests I will update this report.”

Learn more about Prostate Cancer