User Reviews for Sarilumab to treat Rheumatoid Arthritis

Also known as: Kevzara

Sarilumab Rating Summary

3.0/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 321 medications used in the treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Reviews for Sarilumab

Grandmajo June 22, 2019

Kevzara (sarilumab): "I've been taking Kevzara injections for a few months now. It seems to be helping the pain of RA, but I've been having chronic UTI issues for over a year now. After this last injection today, I'll be darned if I'll ever take it again! About an hour and a half after my injection I had the worst urinary pain ever. I took a Uribel (Rx) which usually kicks in quickly, but not this time. I see that one of the side effects is urinary pain, and boy, it is pain!!"

Lisa · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 13, 2019

Kevzara (sarilumab): "I've only taken three injections so far. But I felt a little better with each injection... to the point that I actually look forward to my injections (which don't burn like Enbrel and Humira!! Almost no pain. ) After the third injection, the worse of my RA symptoms (tingling, burning and numbness in my hands) were gone and I just had what I think of as my normal RA ache and pains that I don't expect to go away after nearly 30 years with the disease. However... I was diagnosed with pneumonia last week (something I've never had before. I rarely even get colds.) so my Kevzara is on hold. I believe Kevzara is to blame for for the pneumonia but it's a risk I'm willing to take because it really works for my RA. But please be careful and call you doctor immediately at any sign of infection or illness."

Living with RA · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 12, 2019

Kevzara (sarilumab): "My doc put me on Kevzara and it really made such a difference in my condition. I feel better than I have felt in years, and my CRP levels are finally in control. After stopping methotrexate I was worried, but finally feel like my life is finally back on track."

Irene · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 8, 2018

Kevzara (sarilumab): "I have taken two injections of kevzara and refuse to take another. After both injections it has felt like I had the flu. The lethargy and pain has been the worst it’s ever been. I have had to go in for a Toradol shot each time to cope with the pain. Before Kevzara I have only had to have the toradol shots twice in over five years. I can’t afford to be unable to function for a week every two weeks."

Dano · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 21, 2018

Kevzara (sarilumab): "My doctor put me on KEVZARA 10 weeks ago and took me off of 23.5 of mtx. (Not weened off, cold turkey) The KEVZARA nurse says to be patient that it could take up to 3 months to take effect. I am in the worst pain I’ve had since 1997 when I was diagnosed. Prior to KEVZARA I was on ORENCIA but it stopped working. Don’t know how to convince the doctor to put me back on mtx. He is not receptive to you telling him what you need."

LFer · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 20, 2018

Kevzara (sarilumab): ""I've been on Kevzara for 16 week now and show little to no improvement. I’ll give it another month then I’m not too sure what I'll get next. I tried all medications for RA. This one is my last hope, but no improvement yet!"

dorko6994 · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 14, 2018

Kevzara (sarilumab): "I've been on Kevzara for 10 weeks now and show little to no improvement. I take 20 mg of methotrexate by injection as well.The methotrexate makes me really sick every weekend so I tried to go a week on the Kevzara by itself. Huge mistake. The pain and swelling went through the roof. I've already tried Inflectra and Xeljanz with no success. Not too sure what I'll get next. Can't go on like this."

Aggravated in Bama December 31, 2017

Kevzara (sarilumab): "I have tried this in my shoulder (in office physician injection), thigh, belly, and butt. Every time I get a huge (4 to 6) wheal/rash that literally hurts and itches for over a week. I can't see any effects because honestly I don't think it's absorbing and I'm still having flare ups. It's just not worth the pain and suffering that I have to endure."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month September 27, 2017

Kevzara (sarilumab): "It really helped me but a 4 inch rash appeared on my The calf of my leg, I also had really bad stomach pains and had black tarry stools. MyDdr took me off of Kevzara because of the latter (possibly a gastric bleed)"

Learn more about Rheumatoid Arthritis

Symptom checker

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)