User Reviews for Florastor to treat Diarrhea

Florastor has an average rating of 7.0 out of 10 from a total of 11 ratings for the treatment of Diarrhea. 64% of those users who reviewed Florastor reported a positive effect, while 27% reported a negative effect.

Florastor Rating Summary

7.0/10 average rating

Compare all 100 medications used in the treatment of Diarrhea.

Rivergal · Taken for 10 years or more March 21, 2021

“I use this daily for gut health. Most of the side effects listed above are common from antibiotics not Florastor. Hives, itching and rashes are allergies to antibiotics. I know because I'm allergic to all classes of antibiotics and those were just some of the bumps and strange rashes. I discovered Florastor as a result of a serous injury to my son. They had him on antibiotics for months. This was the only probiotic that worked while he was on antibiotics. My family has had no problems or reactions to Florastor at all. Also, when you start any probiotic, you often feel worse for a week and then everything settles down. I love Florastor and highly recommend it!”

zammer March 8, 2021

“This is contrary to what Florastor is supposed to do, and the events may be coincidental. I report them as they happened, and wonder is anyone had a similar experience. I was prescribed the antibiotic Augmentin for an onset of diverticulitis. The ER doctor suggested I take a probiotic with it. I took Augmentin without effect for two days, until Florastor arrived. I took two of them with food in the AM. In a couple hours, perhaps fewer, I was struck with repeated diarrhea, about 5 episodes. I was wakened from sleep twice because of it. It lasted about 20 hours. I stopped Flotastor for two days, until I'd finished the Augmentin. I then took one Florastor pro and one pre/pro. Diarrhea followed, about the same as previously. I've taken no more Florastor, there has been no intestinal distress.”

Patriot · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 6, 2020

“I took Florastor to help with an antibiotic I was taking, it was wonderful - until I got so itchy. All over. Palms of my hands, feet, head. Researched and itchiness is one of the side effects. Too bad because I thought it was great. Stopped taking it. 2 days ago. Still itchy. Driving me crazy!”

flsuperman May 4, 2010

“I had to take this after I got C-Diff from all of the antibiotics the doctors had me on. It worked great. I am a nurse and have known several people that have been put on this after getting C-Diff and they have been very pleased with the results also. My wife has started to take it because she has many stomach problems and it is helping her.”

IBS-D · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 13, 2018

“I can not say enough about Florastor!!! After suffering from IBS-D for as long as I can remember and being on all kinds of prescription medications; I tried Florastor not expecting much. 20 years of eating, setting my fork down & running for the restroom have STOPPED! I have my life back and can go out to eat without any worries. Thanks so much Florastor, wish there was a better way to show my appreciation. Life Changing For The Better!”

Bobbe j July 11, 2016

“I've suffered for 30 years w IBS d and IBS C AND was beside myself because was not always able to walk 3 or 4 steps toward bathroom when diahrea started. Florestor changed my life...for the better. I've been taking 1 capsule a day for a year. That problem has cleared up completely and my IBS attacks have been greatly reduced.”

rpking3 · Taken for less than 1 month December 28, 2015

“I am a 54-year-old man and have suffered from chronic stomach problems for more than 7 years--the worst in the last 3. I went 6 months gluten free with little help. Six month ago I started taking Nature's Bounty Priobiotic 10 (bought at Costco). I would say that it improved my condition by 25%. Two weeks ago someone recommended Florastor. I tried it and my churning, gassy stomach went away in the first day. BUT...I started feeling by the end of the first day a bloating of my upper GI that got increasingly uncomfortable with each passing day. I reduced the dosage from two caps a day to just 1 cap a day. No change. Bloated upper GI still. I'm on my fourth day back on Nature's Bounty Probiotic 10. No more chest pressure.”

vblaes October 4, 2019

“Had terrible diarrhea as a result of taking an antibiotic that I needed to stop. Gastroenterologist on call recommended I take two Florastor Twice a day. On the third day I broke out and terrible hives that have not cleared up. Been taking Benadryl and using triamcinolone ointment to help. If it doesn't get better I need to go on a prednisone pack. Not happy at all.”

Clutch August 21, 2020

“Been struggling daily with IBS symptoms, and Florastor is the only probiotic that stopped it. Yes, it is stopped. Can't say enough about this. Good product.”

Lin89876 · Taken for less than 1 month November 13, 2019

“Started Florastor for IBS and it Caused abdominal pain and bad heart burn.”

Deb* December 16, 2013

“I had chronic ulcers, stomach pain, gas and one day on Florastor and all symptoms are totally gone.”

broadcast49 March 21, 2017

“Started using this after surgery due to constipation. Worked great with no interaction. ”

More about Florastor (saccharomyces boulardii lyo)

Other brands