User Reviews for Atropine / diphenoxylate systemic

Diarrhea
8.1

Summary of Atropine/diphenoxylate reviews 8.2 45 reviews

Reviews for Atropine/diphenoxylate

Lomotil (atropine / diphenoxylate) for Diarrhea: "This is showing great promise for me. After 8 years of horrible diarrhea with no definitive root cause and none to come soon. My new specialist prescribed Lomotil. I have slowed down from going to the bathroom 40-50 (yes, seriously) to 1/2 to 1/4 that much. Always after I eat, then kinda randomly. Working on low residue diet now. In 2 months, I lost 27 lbs. anemia had set in and I was NOT even on the BMI scale, dehydration causing me to have fluid therapy. Taking 8 Lomotil daily and took a month and 1/2 medical leave, due to accidents and bathroom issues. Ready to go back and get on with my life. Hoping it keeps me only going to bathroom 7-13 times a day. Nights are much better too. Only getting up, once or twice a night."

Sick of it (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2018

For Diarrhea: "This is a miracle drug for me and it has allowed me to have a life again outside of my home. I received severe permanent internal burn damage from radiation for anal cancer and have been in depends incontinence pants for 7 years due to diarrhea which I could not control. I stayed home almost all the time out of fear of having an accident while out. I am so happy that my new Oncologist suggested I try this! I am in real underwear for the first time in 7 years and going places and doing things again. I have tried many meds over the 7 years and this med worked miracles for me."

Termite (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2018

Lomotil (atropine / diphenoxylate) for Diarrhea: "I have recently been diagnosed with C diff, which is a very bad bowel infection. I have lost 20 pounds due to severe diarrhea from the C diff. My doctor prescribed me the lomotil 3 times a day to help with the urgent bouts of diarrhea. I find taking 1-2 seems to be effective enough to not have the watery poops but enough I can live my life without urgency to go to the washroom. I've been stuck at home for over a month with worry about not finding a bathroom in time. This medicine has helped me enough to be able to enjoy some things without severe pain and diarrhea."

Britt306123 December 19, 2017

Lomotil (atropine / diphenoxylate) for Diarrhea: "I have a long history of IBS-D, which has grown worse in the past few years after undergoing chemotherapy for breast cancer. The diarrhea has become severe and daily, and without lomotil, I could rarely leave my house. It has helped tremendously, and I don't seem to have any significant side effects. I try to take no more than one pill a day, in the morning, and it usually keeps me diarrhea-free until late afternoon, depending on what I eat for lunch. Some days, it holds me all day. I am very grateful for this drug, because nothing else I've tried has worked at all."

pdp71 March 27, 2017

For Diarrhea: "I have had severe diahrrea for 6 months every morning 5-7 bowel movements and this was of no help up dose to twice no change, now going for more medical testings"

molson1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2017

Lomotil (atropine / diphenoxylate) for Diarrhea: "I have been taking Lomotil since I had surgery to repair a fistula in my intestines. I have crohn's and am 38yr old male. The Lomotil has made it somewhat bearable and I have not had as many bouts of liquid feces since taking. Not a miracle drug but does help in a tremendous way. I suggest that you try it if you have disease that I have. Cannot stress NOT MIRACLE DRUG, BUT DOES HELP TREMENDOUSLY."

Anon38from1978 January 10, 2017

Lomotil (atropine / diphenoxylate) for Diarrhea: "If you're sensitive to any medication I don't recommend taking. I had an adverse reaction and it caused me to end up in the ER. I started out taking one dose and then began feeling anxious after several hours. Against my better judgement I took a second dose and the next morning felt nauseous which then led to vomiting that wouldn't stop and severe anxiety. It also caused my heart rate to increase. I had to be treated for dehydration and nausea as well as something to calm my heart rate. An FYI I found out the hard way that Imodium AD also has similar effects on my body. I guess I'll try and go a more natural route."

KAC0505 November 15, 2016

For Diarrhea: "I am taking chemo. Dr prescribed it. Usually diarrhea next week Tue & Wed. Had that but also Thu morn it was terrible for 1&1/2hr. Took med in middle of all & it got better. Only 1 pill as prescribed. So glad it stopped it! No side effects."

Jud G November 10, 2016

Lomotil (atropine / diphenoxylate) for Diarrhea: "I've had ulcerative colitis since 1967, with severe abdominal cramping and spasms, with and without diarrhea. After numerous attempts with other medications, I found lomotil to be most effective at controlling symptoms, without the side effects of other medications such as flushing. I can take 2 lomotil tabs at the onset of abdominal symptoms and abort attacks of diarrhea. It also works for cramping caused by spasms of the intestinal wall preventing feces from being expelled. Doctors are amazed that I've lived with this disease for so long without surgery, steroids or sulfa drugs. My key is managing my stress level which is very helpful overall, and lomotil, which aborts diarrhea and alleviates cramping. A miracle drug for me."

professor9001833 (taken for 10 years or more) February 10, 2016

Lomotil (atropine / diphenoxylate) for Diarrhea: "I have taken Lomotil for 11 years 2 in the am & 2 in the pm which controls my diarrhea except I am good for six/eight weeks and then for whatever reason it doesn't work for a week or so. I even up my dosage but it doesn't help thankfully the Lomotil starts working again. Just wish I didn't have the time it doesn't work."

AFB February 8, 2016

Lonox (atropine / diphenoxylate) for Diarrhea: "I had diarrhea several times a week and especially when we went out. I felt housebound. After beginning dosages of Lonox I was more comfortable, able to travel, and able eat out. Because of these improvements in my health, I also am more secure in leaving my house."

Clara8066 November 24, 2015

For Diarrhea: "Nothing worked but this drug"

Breebuzz November 7, 2015

Lomotil (atropine / diphenoxylate) for Diarrhea: "Most effective anti-diarrhea med I've ever taken..after years of explosive, chronic diarrhea"

maxmax88 September 23, 2015

Lomotil (atropine / diphenoxylate) for Diarrhea: "Other than Tincture of Opium, Lomotil is the best thing for controlling diarrhea. Because the Opium is so expensive, I often can take only lomotil, and it works at the maximum dosage (and more) to slow down my diarrhea. Without it, I would have nothing to live for, literally. It is a life-saver."

PDXDave (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 9, 2015

Lomotil (atropine / diphenoxylate) for Diarrhea: "I've had IBS for years but when I had colon surgery 3 years ago, I started to really have problems with chronic severe diarrhea--10 to 12 x's a day. I was miserable, leaking, wearing Depends, just depressed about no solution. Finally I found a doctor who prescribed Lomotil--2 tabs--4 x's a day and it worked! And without any side effects. I'm now down to 2 or 3 doses a day and feeling so much better."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2015

For Diarrhea: "Crohns dx and anxiety disorder. I had a 4th degree tear during childbirth and the doctors were unaware I have crohns until 4 yrs later. this was after surgery after surgery in an attempt to repair a rectal-vaginal fistula. I would go into extreme flairs after each surgery then the acidic diarrhea would eat away my perennial wall and rectum/vagina. I was wearing diapers for 4 yrs until I finally was diagnosed. (bag) I was taking lomotil and an opium tincture to control the diarrhea... alternating oxy and Vicodin for their constipating effect .) I can get some constipation for a few days after using lomotil which is painful in itself... I prefer hyscyamine for remission."

crohns pt March 10, 2015

For Diarrhea: "Had a bout of what I was beginning to think was food poisoning. Long story short I landed in the ER. This was prescribed for me along with antibiotics. I have taken exactly one pill, one, a little over 48 hours ago. Have gone from extreme diarrhea (every 15 - 30 minutes) to not being able to go at all. From one dose. Does this stuff work as advertised? Unequivocally Yes! I am a bit nervous at this point as to whether I will ever be able to 'go' again? I have to admit - yes!"

Kerby88 (taken for less than 1 month) November 22, 2014

Lomotil (atropine / diphenoxylate) for Diarrhea: "I'm a 32 y/o female who has suffered from chronic diarrhea related to anxiety for about 5 years. I have anywhere from 2 to 10 bouts of diarrhea a day. I was very excited to try Lomotil after reading so many positive reviews. I have been taking 2 pills 4 times a days, as prescribed. This medicine did not work for me, and the side effects are awful. I am still having urgent bouts of diarrhea. Also, this medicine makes me feel so sleepy that I can barely hold my eyes open. I took my last dose about 18 hours ago, and still feel very groggy. The dry mouth is so bad that it wakes me up, even though I have been staying hydrated. I am discontinuing this!"

AutumnB (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2014

For Diarrhea: "I have had severe diarrhea since I was 13 years old. After countless other trials on different medications with no success I was finally put on Lomotil. It has changed my life, I no longer have to go 6 or 7 times a day or constantly arrange my schedule around my problem. I have been on it for 2 years now and unfortunately was misinformed by a former GI doctor that it was no different than Imodium or I would have tried it earlier. Very effective!"

IBS (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 6, 2013

Lomotil (atropine / diphenoxylate) for Diarrhea: "This medication has been a God send. Before I knew about this medication I was in and out of the bathroom at least 7 times in one day and it was every time I put food in my mouth. That went on for a full year, I couldn't go anywhere without going to the bathroom first and if I was out and about I couldn't eat anything until I got home. Me and my wife couldn't even go out to eat on our anniversary because of my problem. It was taking over my life and I was getting depressed, but then my doctor gave me Lomotil and it works like a charm. Instead of going to the bathroom after each time I put food in my mouth. I now only go about 2 times a day and I can now eat at restaurants now. Ihis medication put reassurance back in my life again."

blaze420711 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 30, 2013

Lomotil (atropine / diphenoxylate) for Diarrhea: "Lomotil made me extremely drowsy and nauseous. I thought it was my stomach infection, it only happened every 8 hours and after I took the pill."

Anonymous July 4, 2012

Lomotil (atropine / diphenoxylate) for Diarrhea: "It made me constipated for 3 days."

Anonymous May 17, 2012

Lomotil (atropine / diphenoxylate) for Diarrhea: "I was having to go 10 plus times a day and started to lose weight because every time I ate I had to run to the bathroom. So now with the Lomotil I go maybe three times a day and I only have to take 3 of these a day, which is nice 2 in the morning after the first trip to the bathroom and 1 after each extra trip which only ends up to be two more times, 3 at the most. This is the one medicine I don't want to live without."

jilly bean January 7, 2012

Lomotil (atropine / diphenoxylate) for Diarrhea: "Lomotil has been a complete blessing for me. Imodium did not touch my severe diarrhea. I suffer from depression, anxiety, panic attacks and agoraphobia. With these symptoms caused severe stomach problems. When given Lomotil for a possible chance it might help, I am now living without being in the bathroom every hour. I found no side effects. I cannot even tell you the difference it has made. When I do have to leave home. I have no worries about finding where the bathroom is before I even proceed to do what I have to do. YES! This is one miracle in my life that brings some normality to scratch off my list of problems. I can even eat out at restaurants now."

ThankfultomyDr. September 27, 2011

For Diarrhea: "I have taken this medication since 2008. I have colitis and taking this medication has done wonders. It works quickly and lasts long. I've had no side effects."

tdl86 August 3, 2011