User Reviews for Avandia

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Avandia.

Avandia Rating Summary

5.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 162 medications used in the treatment of Diabetes, Type 2.

Reviews for Avandia to treat Diabetes, Type 2

"My father was on avandia for 5 years and suffered a heart attack. His doctor told my family that he had no heart concerns before taking avandia. My father died because of this medication. I do not recommend this drug"

Bcampbell (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 7, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had terrible leg cramps all over my legs for hours at night. So bad nearly all muscles in both legs at same time. I passed out with pain so severe. The day I quit Avandia the cramps stopped."

augustsh November 4, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Although Avandia was very efficient in controlling my blood sugars, I had a reaction to it which resulted in my heart skipping beats beating very hard. While on Avandia, I was unable to complete stress tests. After quitting Avandia, I have had no more heart problems and can now successfully complete stress tests."

clund September 30, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Avandia had some side effects with me that the doctors thought was cancer. They insisted it could not be the medicine but after over a year of multiple scans biopsies and bone marrow tests, I chose to quit taking the medicine on my own. My blood sugar skyrocketed but my immune system started working again. I haven't had to go to the hospital since. "

Anonymous July 22, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Numbers were good but weight gain was terrible. Gained 5 pounds almost immediately; a total of 30 altogether."

Anonymous July 14, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Very effective but some side effects. Causes weight gain. Potential cardiac health risks. Has some unintended good side effects too though."

Anonymous April 25, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I used Avandia 8mg once a day for 5 years and A1c went from 9 to 5.4. I had a headache in the beginning. No other problems. Then the big scare happened and my doctor took me off and I am on glipizide. I think I will go back to Avandia."

Anonymous February 22, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been taking 4mg once in morning for last 8 or 9 years without any problems. Weight is staying stable within 5 lbs /- for the last 8 or 9 years. "

nemrak April 24, 2008