User Reviews for Riluzole to treat Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Also known as: Rilutek, Exservan, Tiglutik

AJsMomPA January 20, 2012

Rilutek (riluzole): “My son, now 19, started riluzole as part of a small double-blind NIH trial 2 years ago. He has Autism, OCD, mood disorder, tics and ADHD. This medication is extremely helpful in easing the overwhelming obsessive thoughts and compulsions that interfere with his ability to function. No side-effects. I fight to renew insurance coverage each year for this off-label use and twice he ran out of this medicine temporarily and we immediately noticed a change in his behavior. He is off anti-depressants and ADHD medicines (Zoloft & Concerta) and is now on lamotrigine for tics and mood stabilization. A great combination. His functional ability assessments (IQ) went from mild retardation into a 'normal' range. His communication skills improved dramatically.”

J October 16, 2020

“Completely changed my life. No more OCD, no depression, no Social anxiety, GAD, panic attacks, obsessive thinking, intrusive thoughts, no more phobias.. its like everything changed overnight literally and my life is finally worth living!”

BPDmeetsOCD February 8, 2012

“I have not been on the medicine for long enough to truly know what kind of difference it is going to make on my life. So far I am almost completely pleased with the results. One of the major consequences of my particular type of OCD is that is isolation and avoidance. On Rilutek I'm more willing to confront my fears/phobias/triggers and generally I seem to be less stressed in those situations. My mind also seems to work better in that the thing I'm afraid of does not seem so real. Rilutek is an add on to my other prescription medicines. In the last year I have made more progress with medication than I have in the previous 4 together.”

ocd2028 February 13, 2013

“This medicine really helps.”

Learn more about Obsessive Compulsive Disorder