User Reviews for Riluzole

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 8.0
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis 6.0

Reviews for Riluzole

Pampers · Taken for less than 1 month May 13, 2014

For Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis: “We have noticed that when our mom decided to stop taking this medicine she became weak and tired. She has only been taking the it for 3 weeks. Was told she has Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis in March 2014. Wish we didn't have to jump over so many walls to get answers. Got to love Medicare!”

ocd2028 February 13, 2013

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: “This medicine really helps.”

BPDmeetsOCD February 8, 2012

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: “I have not been on the medicine for long enough to truly know what kind of difference it is going to make on my life. So far I am almost completely pleased with the results. One of the major consequences of my particular type of OCD is that is isolation and avoidance. On Rilutek I'm more willing to confront my fears/phobias/triggers and generally I seem to be less stressed in those situations. My mind also seems to work better in that the thing I'm afraid of does not seem so real. Rilutek is an add on to my other prescription medicines. In the last year I have made more progress with medication than I have in the previous 4 together.”

AJsMomPA January 20, 2012

Rilutek (riluzole) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: “My son, now 19, started riluzole as part of a small double-blind NIH trial 2 years ago. He has Autism, OCD, mood disorder, tics and ADHD. This medication is extremely helpful in easing the overwhelming obsessive thoughts and compulsions that interfere with his ability to function. No side-effects. I fight to renew insurance coverage each year for this off-label use and twice he ran out of this medicine temporarily and we immediately noticed a change in his behavior. He is off anti-depressants and ADHD medicines (Zoloft & Concerta) and is now on lamotrigine for tics and mood stabilization. A great combination. His functional ability assessments (IQ) went from mild retardation into a 'normal' range. His communication skills improved dramatically.”