User Reviews for Pyridostigmine to treat Dysautonomia

Also known as: Mestinon, Mestinon Timespan, Regonol

Pyridostigmine has an average rating of 7.3 out of 10 from a total of 11 ratings for the treatment of Dysautonomia. 64% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 18% reported a negative effect.

Pyridostigmine Rating Summary

7.3/10 average rating

Compare all 57 medications used in the treatment of Dysautonomia.

Reviews for Pyridostigmine

KDK · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 17, 2021

Mestinon Timespan (pyridostigmine): “Pyridostigmine ER 180 has been life changing. The temperature intolerance has become balanced. I am no longer freezing nonstop. The ability to gain muscle strength is amazing. I can walk longer and stand and have increased energy. The blood pooling in my feet is not nearly as bad. The small fiber neuropathy has decreased in episodes and flares. It has helped with rapid heart beat and less dizziness. The side effects in the beginning are not pleasant. However, if you know going in that you may experience severe cramping, diarrhea, runny nose and watery eyes. As time goes by the body adjusts and the benefits are worth it and the discomfort. My record is if your physician prescribe the dosage of 180 ER time released x 2 per day. Start with only one a day your body may not be able to handle the side effects. I noticed with in two days taking Pryidostigmine I was able to walk without muscle weakness and small fiber neuropathy.”

Super POTSY July 31, 2015

Mestinon (pyridostigmine): “The good: less dizziness and blood pooling in legs due to POTS. The bad: I have all of the negative common side effects: I sweat horribly, I have a regular cough with mucous, I drool a lot and not just at night, I have frequent loose stool, my eyes are super blurry sometimes AND my tongue cramps so sometimes I sound like I've had a stroke or a severe speech impediment. Dose: 30-60 mg with dinner and 180 mg time span before bed. (I can't handle the side effects during the day) I have been on this for over a year. I take this and accept the side effects because without it I would not be able to work due to my brand of POTS. The side effects aren't consistent and my body metabolizes things differently every day.”

D1 September 1, 2018

Mestinon (pyridostigmine): “I have been on this a week and seems to be significantly helping breathing issues at night, overall dryness everywhere, constipation, nausea and urinary retention. Side effects though are very unpleasant- very blurry vision (especially at night or in darker lighting), headaches, pelvic pain, muscle cramps, and overall fatigue. I am currently taking a dose of 40mg 3 times a day.”

Mammy59 June 29, 2014

Mestinon (pyridostigmine): “I've been on 30mg of Mestinon two times a day for about three months, I had diarrhea the first few days, more shortness of breath, and some drowsiness, after that I started noticing improvement in my cognition (the worst part of my dysautonomia & Fibromyalgia, to me), and I am able to keep 'doing' things longer than I could before. I do notice when it begins to wear off and I may go up to three times a day on it. I'm very pleased. The only negative I have is big increase in eyelid twitching, and awful muscle spasms in my feet. My neurologist has had me start B-6 for this and it helps a lot.”

POTSylady · Taken for less than 1 month February 17, 2017

Mestinon (pyridostigmine): “I started on 30mg 2x/daily. I had initial loose stools, but have gone back to constipation. I didn't get much relief from my tachycardia, and also noticed an increase in body twitches (not tremors). I'm now trying 60mg 2x/daily and I still have the increase in twitches and most notably, headaches (worse than the normal every day ones), and breathing issues (I already have asthma and laryngospams). Not sure any benefit is worth these side effects, but it's only been a couple of days, so I'll give it a little more time.”

Anonymous March 31, 2012

Mestinon (pyridostigmine): “Starting taking this a few months ago for dysautonomia and the POTS secondary to it. It helps the low blood pressure, low body temperature, and the gut-transit issues. It does not help the nerve pain or cognitive impairment. Sometimes when I take it a tad too soon (or even sometimes when I take a normal amount at a normal time) it will help my guts, but I will have a lot of difficulty breathing. ”

Nay Nay · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 11, 2019

Mestinon (pyridostigmine): “It actually made my breathing problems worse ~ was started on 30 mg once a day and increased to 30 mg 3 times a day”

Tychoswoon · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 30, 2020

Mestinon (pyridostigmine): “After two years of use symptoms improved”

Anonymous June 13, 2009

Mestinon (pyridostigmine): “I take 30mg (half tablet) 4 x daily. Works great for dysautonomia. ”

Droopy · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 20, 2018

“This medication has been a lifesaver for me. It allows me to breath much easier and has helped with brain fog. I would not be able to work without it.”

Bashe June 13, 2009

“Has been very helpful for both my dysautonomia and related gastroparesis symptoms. I feel stronger too, but the effect doesn't last long. I have to take it at least 4 x daily.”