Generic Name: Pyridostigmine Liquid (peer id oh STIG meen)
Brand Name: Mestinon
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Sep 7, 2020.
Uses of Pyridostigmine Liquid:
- It is used to treat myasthenia gravis.
- It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Pyridostigmine Liquid?
- If you are allergic to pyridostigmine liquid; any part of pyridostigmine liquid; or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
- If you have bowel block or trouble passing urine.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with pyridostigmine liquid.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take pyridostigmine liquid with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Pyridostigmine Liquid?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take pyridostigmine liquid. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Do not take more than what your doctor told you to take. Unsafe effects, including death, may happen.
- This medicine is not approved for use in children. However, the doctor may decide the benefits of taking pyridostigmine liquid outweigh the risks. If your child has been given pyridostigmine liquid, ask the doctor for information about the benefits and risks. Talk with the doctor if you have questions about giving pyridostigmine liquid to your child.
- This medicine has alcohol in it. Talk with the doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan on getting pregnant, or are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks to you and the baby.
How is this medicine (Pyridostigmine Liquid) best taken?
Use pyridostigmine liquid as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Keep taking pyridostigmine liquid as you have been told by your doctor or other health care provider, even if you feel well.
- Measure liquid doses carefully. Use the measuring device that comes with pyridostigmine liquid. If there is none, ask the pharmacist for a device to measure pyridostigmine liquid.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
- Muscle weakness that is new or worse.
- Trouble breathing that is new or worse.
- Upset stomach or throwing up.
- Stomach cramps.
- More saliva.
- Small pupils.
- Sweating a lot.
- Muscle cramps.
- Slow heartbeat.
What are some other side effects of Pyridostigmine Liquid?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
How do I store and/or throw out Pyridostigmine Liquid?
- Store at room temperature in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about pyridostigmine liquid, please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
More about pyridostigmine
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 31 Reviews
- Drug class: cholinergic muscle stimulants
- Pyridostigmine Extended-Release Tablets
- Pyridostigmine Tablets
- Pyridostigmine Injection