User Reviews for Pravachol

High Cholesterol
6.7

Summary of Pravachol reviews 7.3 9 reviews

Reviews for Pravachol

For High Cholesterol "I've taken atorvastatin, Crestor, Zetia, then pravachol for nearly five years after quadruple bypass surgery (no previous symptoms, discovered need on X-ray for pneumonia!). Except for Zetia, which is not a statin and did NOTHING for my cholesterol which was not excessively high anyway, ALL three others have given me SEVERE muscle pain, mostly calves and biceps, making me move as if I were quite elderly and collapsing under me without notice. The pain is unrelenting, even in bed at night. 20% supposedly have this reaction, and most stop taking the statin--cardiologist threatens me, says I can't, so I've given myself my second shot of Repatha (not a statin) in the belly (cost/once a month/$1000 without insurance, $355 with mine). Lousy price to pay (not a play on words) for lowering cholesterol--excruciating pain or lotsa dollars...IF the shot works!"

jstacy55 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 20, 2018

For High Cholesterol "It appears to work for my situation."

Bobooo April 15, 2018

For High Cholesterol "Lowered my bad LDL from 180 to 95 in 6 months, on only 20 mg daily. Only side effect is my legs get sore when I walk distances that never bothered me before. However, with a little rest, I'm ok. Pravachol is MUCH better than Lipitor, which I threw away after a week due to leg and joint pain."

Anonymous May 10, 2017

For High Cholesterol "Does the job. Lowered my cholesterol to normal levels."

dogfoodsalad (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 9, 2017

For High Cholesterol "joint stiffness, muscle weakness"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2016

For High Cholesterol "Within 2 weeks of being on 40mg of Pravachol, I began noticing muscle weakness in my shoulders, wrist and knees. I later discovered that these are possible side effects of this medication. I noticed remarkable improvements after stopping the medication."

Anonymous July 10, 2011

For High Cholesterol "Medicine was fine at 20mg dose. When my Doctor increased dose to 40mg, I started having increased muscle stiffness, especially in the morning."

Anonymous December 1, 2010

For High Cholesterol "It has done the job in lowering my cholesterol within 3 months."

Anonymous October 13, 2010

For High Cholesterol "It lowered my cholesterol without any side effects."

Anonymous June 7, 2010