User Reviews for Pravachol to treat High Cholesterol

Pravachol Rating Summary

6.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 280 medications used in the treatment of High Cholesterol.

Reviews for Pravachol

jstacy55 · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 20, 2018

“I've taken atorvastatin, Crestor, Zetia, then pravachol for nearly five years after quadruple bypass surgery (no previous symptoms, discovered need on X-ray for pneumonia!). Except for Zetia, which is not a statin and did NOTHING for my cholesterol which was not excessively high anyway, ALL three others have given me SEVERE muscle pain, mostly calves and biceps, making me move as if I were quite elderly and collapsing under me without notice. The pain is unrelenting, even in bed at night. 20% supposedly have this reaction, and most stop taking the statin--cardiologist threatens me, says I can't, so I've given myself my second shot of Repatha (not a statin) in the belly (cost/once a month/$1000 without insurance, $355 with mine). Lousy price to pay (not a play on words) for lowering cholesterol--excruciating pain or lotsa dollars...IF the shot works!”

Bobooo April 15, 2018

“It appears to work for my situation.”

Anonymous May 10, 2017

“Lowered my bad LDL from 180 to 95 in 6 months, on only 20 mg daily. Only side effect is my legs get sore when I walk distances that never bothered me before. However, with a little rest, I'm ok. Pravachol is MUCH better than Lipitor, which I threw away after a week due to leg and joint pain.”

dogfoodsalad · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 9, 2017

“Does the job. Lowered my cholesterol to normal levels.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month January 30, 2016

“joint stiffness, muscle weakness”

Anonymous July 10, 2011

“Within 2 weeks of being on 40mg of Pravachol, I began noticing muscle weakness in my shoulders, wrist and knees. I later discovered that these are possible side effects of this medication. I noticed remarkable improvements after stopping the medication.”

Anonymous December 1, 2010

“Medicine was fine at 20mg dose. When my Doctor increased dose to 40mg, I started having increased muscle stiffness, especially in the morning.”

Anonymous October 13, 2010

“It has done the job in lowering my cholesterol within 3 months.”

Anonymous June 7, 2010

“It lowered my cholesterol without any side effects.”