User Reviews for Symlin

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Symlin.

Reviews for Symlin to treat Diabetes, Type 1

"My endocrinologist put me on this to lose weight. Note: I am extremely sensitive to insulin and can only use regular as the NPH analogues make me very ill except levemir, which I developed an immunity to, and every week in have to go up another ten. Anyways now the after-meal-spikes are a thing of the past, I can say that. Anyone with dawn phenomenon NEEDS this. I barely even need to use my R at all anymore unless I eat something like a big chinese meal. This stuff has changed me so much, I no longer crave candy every night, now if I eat candy once every 2 weeks I'm lucky. The weight loss associated with this is slow, but it really works. Like a diet pill without the speedy effects. I HIGHLY recommend this to all type 1 diabetics"

would give it an 11 if i could (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 30, 2017

"Symlin, for me, has allowed proper digestion and has eliminated loose stools... which I experienced for 48 years and thought of as a 'normal' condition... and has brought signifigant comfort to my personal life. I am careful to delay injection until the meal is in front of me ready to eat to head off any negative nausea effect."

RWeiger January 6, 2013

"Blood glucose levels do not bounce around as much since I began using this."

Anonymous November 7, 2011