User Reviews for GaviLyte-G

Learn more about GaviLyte-G.

Constipation, Chronic 1 reviews 30 medications

Bowel Preparation 15 reviews 115 medications

8.5
Summary of GaviLyte-G reviews 16 reviews 8.8

Reviews for GaviLyte-G

For Constipation, Chronic "I can't imagine how it must taste plain. The way I prepared it was not bad at ALL. I made homemade lemonade, LOTS of lemon juice and some sugar. Probably not super healthy, but it's all comin' out anyways! All you need is 1&3/4 cups white sugar, 6 cups of WARM water, and 1&1/2 cups lemon juice for each batch. The water *HAS* to be warm, or the laxative won't dissolve right, and it will be a nasty texture like many other people have complained of. Give it a taste test before you add it to the jug. The more lemon-y it is, the less you'll taste the saltiness of the meds. Lemon >sugar taste I promise! Hope this helps someone :) Chase it with a bit of water, and the only aftertaste will be a light lemon flavor!"

lemonadehead (taken for less than 1 month) October 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "Wretched experience never want to do, this procedure again or take this horrid medicine anybody that says this is ok is lying"

Slaf (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "Mixed with chilled lemon (clear) Gatorade in the gallon jug provided by pharmacist. Dosed as told 8 x 8oz glasses ever 15 minutes twice; once early afternoon and once early evening as my colonoscopy is early morning. Total sixxteen 8oz glasses consumed. Would have rated the product a 10 if not for some minor taste/texture issues. It worked for me in 1 hour on both cycles. Last movements 3 hours after dosing produced clear results. I'm ready, hungry and heading to sleep. Drinking some additional water all day to offset possible dehydration not addressed with Gatorade."

NeilTHEM September 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "Y'all, this stuff is terrible!!! However, I found a way to take it all down without any problems. Have one glass of your gavilyte, and then a separate glass of chicken broth. You can make your chicken broth from chicken bullion. Anyways, breathe deep and drink an 4oz glass all the way without breathing. And then take a big sip of the chicken broth without breathing. I know that this sounds weird, but it works. The only time you'll the nasty is the first sip you take of it. Then the chicken broth will cover it all up bc it's so strong. Hope this helps y'all like it did me!!"

Nellie17 August 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "Just finished my seventh 8 ounce glass and threw up a lot. My gag reflex is so bad now, I can't drink the eighth glass. I need to finish the other half of the solution 6 hours prior to my colonoscopy. I'm crying. This stuff is horrible and disgusting. I gagged on the fourth, fifth, and sixth glasses too. I'm dreading the second half of the container. Nothing helps. I've had a colonoscopy before, and the prep wasn't this horrible. Do not let your doctor prescribe this."

CryingSick (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "Monday I drank this and it works fine. Love it. Tastes good"

Lovermon August 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "This stuff is awful! I haven't eaten any solid food today, so I guess taking this on an empty stomach triggered my GERD(acid reflux disease) the fishy after taste was also horrible! I vomiting just as much as I went to the loo! Ugggg! There has to be a better way to cleanse the colon people....cause this is pure torture!!!!"

Pepper25! July 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "So I just turned twenty a few days ago and I'm having an endoscopy and a colonoscopy on the same day. I have to drink this medicine I was suppose to take is at 4 but it took me til six just to down a cup and a half it made me sick and taste so bad I cried while I'm taking it. I just finished a third cup and it's 11:30 at night. The taste is vile. Hasn't affected me yet and EVERYTIME I drink it I feel like I'm going to throw it back up. "

Devan renee (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "Taken for colonoscopy prep. Received the generic GaviLyte-G. I didn't use the lemon flavor packet. Prepared the container the night before and left it in the fridge. At 4:00 PM started drinking 8 ounces every 10 minutes. I don't find the taste off-putting at all, it's like slightly fizzy, slightly salty water. It started working after the 3rd dose (30 mins after starting). By the 7th/8th dose I was on an every 10 minute schedule - when I left the bathroom it was time for the next dose. 17 doses later (4 liters div by 8 oz) I'm confident I'm quite cleaned out; clear going in, as clear as I can imagine might be possible coming out. Lots of volume, but it works."

CDaddy April 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "I survived my prep....thank God for the tips I got from the internet or I couldn't have done it. Use a straw, two day prep was easier(less pressure), lemon drops immediately after drinking the glasses of prep took the bad taste away. I just sucked on the lemon drops for a few seconds after each glass. Thank you everyone who posted their advice!"

shaunalev February 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "Super easy and not bad tasting at all. I heard so many negative reviews that I was very nervous to drink this solution. I drank it cold and through a straw. It was hard to get the last glass down before I started having a BM, but then it was a breeze to drink. I drank half tonight, and I will have the other half in the morning. I've been in the bathroom for roughly 4 hours thus far, but that's to be expected since that's what it's for. "

Gonzales7686 December 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "Used it for a bowel prep before a hysterectomy. You have to drink it fast. I got distracted with the first glass and drank it too slow. Got off to a bad start. I had horrible stomach bloating and pain while I was drinking. It took about 2 1/2 hours for me to start going. My bum is on fire but I am mostly clear and just liquid coming out. Also made me very nauseous. There has got to be a better way."

Klg120 (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "I don't know what the fuss is about with the taste or smell. I didn't even use the lemon flavor packet that it came with because it contains saccharin, and I hate the after-taste. I didn't refrigerate it. I drank it room temperature with no flavoring, but I did use a straw. It was not bad at all. It tasted like funny-tasting water that was a little salty. I drank it through the straw really fast, and I had a butterscotch hard candy after each glassful. The reason I didn't drink it cold was because it goes down easier at room temperature."

Brook607 November 16, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "It's not bad at all! Just drink cold and mix with crystal light lemonade mix! It's just like drinking lemonade or lemon-lime Gatorade. Bowel movement about 30 minutes after first cup. I anticipated it to be so awful but just drink with the crystal light it's fine!!"

LaurieC101183 April 7, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "I can’t overstress the importance of lemons during the prep. Get a bag of lemons and cut them in quarters. Suck on the lemon quarter, drink the solution through a straw, suck on the lemon, drink the solution, etc. You will not even taste or smell it. Also, schedule your exam in the afternoon. You will be able to drink 1/2 of the solution the night before and 1/2 in the morning. Very tolerable way to get through this!"

Relieved234 (taken for less than 1 month) November 5, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bowel Preparation "Just finished the full 4 liters of GaviLyte-G and must say it wasn't all that terrible of an experience. I prepared it the night before and put it in the refrigerator. About 45 minutes before starting my prep, I put it in the freezer and got it as cold as I could without ice forming. I drank it in 8-ounce increments about every 10-20 minutes. Best to drink it through a straw, hold your breath and gulp it. I always finished the entire 8 ounces in two "gulps". I also kept a piece of hard candy in my mouth the entire time and the taste of that pretty much overtook the awful taste of the liquid. Seems to have worked quite well as all bowel motions are clear. Now to just sit back and enjoy the rest of the day, and get up early and have my procedure."

pumpfe March 28, 2012