GaviLyte G Dosage
Generic name: POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL 3350 236g in 274.31g, SODIUM SULFATE ANHYDROUS 22.74g in 274.31g, SODIUM BICARBONATE 6.74g in 274.31g, SODIUM CHLORIDE 5.86g in 274.31g, POTASSIUM CHLORIDE 2.97g in 274.31g
Dosage form: powder, for solution
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. Always consult your doctor or pharmacist.
GaviLyte-G, supplied as a powder, must be reconstituted with water before its use; it is not for direct ingestion [see Dosage and Administration (2.2), Warnings and Precautions (5.8)]. The 4 liter reconstituted GaviLyte-G solution contains: 236 grams of polyethylene glycol (PEG) 3350, 22.74 grams sodium sulfate (anhydrous), 6.74 grams of sodium bicarbonate, 5.86 grams of sodium chloride, and 2.97 grams of potassium chloride. GaviLyte-G is supplied with lemon flavor pack.
Administration Instructions Prior to Dosage
- Take only clear liquids, but avoid red and purple liquids. Patients may consume a light breakfast.
- Early in the evening prior to colonoscopy, fill the supplied container containing the GaviLyte-G powder with lukewarm water (to facilitate dissolution) to the 4 liter fill line. The solution is clear and colorless when reconstituted to a final volume of 4 liters.
- After capping the container, shake vigorously several times to ensure that the ingredients are dissolved. When reconstituted use within 48 hours.
The following is the recommended dose of reconstituted GaviLyte-G solution for adults. Instruct patients they may consume water or clear liquids during the bowel preparation and after completion of the bowel preparation up until 2 hours before the time of the colonoscopy. The solution is more palatable if chilled prior to administration.
- Adults: Instruct patients to drink a total of 4 liters at a rate of 240 mL (8 oz.) every 10 minutes, until 4 liters are consumed or the rectal effluent is clear. Rapid drinking of each portion is preferred to drinking small amounts continuously. For NGT, rate is 20-30 mL per minute (1.2 – 1.8 liters per hour).
More about GaviLyte-G (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 8 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: laxatives