User Reviews for Pimecrolimus topical

Also known as: Elidel

Pimecrolimus Rating Summary

7.3/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 159 medications used in the treatment of Eczema.

Reviews for Pimecrolimus to treat Eczema

Elidel (pimecrolimus): "After being prescribed Elidel, my skin got much worse. I thought it would get worse and then eventually get better, but I was very wrong. Months later, not only has Elidel caused extreme, extreme, EXTREME skin discolouration, but my eczema has gotten worse, my immune system has weakened, and I am constantly sick. Highly do not recommend. I've had eczema for over half my life, and it has never been worse than it is now, thanks to Elidel."

sad eczema user (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 30, 2018

Elidel (pimecrolimus): "I had got little bumps (not like acne you can pop) all over my entire face! Yes, around my mouth, forehead, cheeks and the side of my face. It was horrible. I went to the dermatologist and she prescribed elidel. I put it on twice a day and it worked fast! They started clearing up by the third day of usage and by the sixth day they were gone. My face is clearer then before. At first using in the dosage in the morning and going outside the sun kind of irritated my skin and caused my areas of the skin on my face to itch. So I would either put the morning dose on like at 6 or 7 am bc I knew I wouldn’t be leaving the house till 12 and the last amount at night. I recommend don’t put it on skin and go straight into the sun. But I’m so glad my doctor prescribed this it worked for me and had no serious side effects . Oh and you don’t have apply much either!"

PrettyBG (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2018

Elidel (pimecrolimus): "My 2yr old has been suffering with eczema on his cheeks since he was 7 months old. It would only appear during winter however it would be extremely red, scabby, he would itch consistently making it bleed. On occasion it would weep and I am assuming it would hurt him as at night he would not sleep. My poor little boy would suffer day after day and nothing I did or try would work. After spending over $600 trying to find a solution the Dr gave us Elidel cream and it worked within 2 days ! I can not describe how amazing this cream worked for us I am so happy my boy is better !"

MrsG (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2018

"Been using cream since I was about 8 years old after other creams failed to work and I had to see a specialist. I am now 18 and still using elidel. My eczema flares up with stress and elidel keeps it under control during these times, the rest of the time I use a moisturiser. I still have outbreaks but have found other ways to cope to keep my eczema at a moderate level. When I first started the cream it had a burning sensation but I no longer experience this."

Abs (taken for 10 years or more) June 20, 2018

Elidel (pimecrolimus): "Cleared up my toddlers eczema on his around his eye after steroids failed. Occasionally when it can comes back I use elidel at first sign and within two days it's healed. Works for us!"

Kec (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2018

Elidel (pimecrolimus): "Eczema cleared up with in 2 weeks."

oupsie (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2018

"Works great on my psoriasis, the only downside is reacts with alcohol causing a feeling of intense warmth/heat."

Corey7172 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 3, 2018

Elidel (pimecrolimus): "After discovering the cost of the medication, I asked my physician if I could get a sample before buying it. The pharmaceutical company would not send samples. That should have been an indication that it might not be effective. I finally purchased the prescription of 30 g for $250. I have not found the product to be very effective. It makes the area applied to very dry which leads to the skin cracking. Vaseline works as well as the Elidel at a fraction of the cost."

Teresa6908 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2017

Elidel (pimecrolimus): "This did not work at all"

B.Z (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 2, 2017

Elidel (pimecrolimus): "My daughter just turned two and has failed every conventional method of treating her eczema. We have seen multiple specialists and after much consideration ( due to the warnings and side effects) we decided to try Elidel. After 3 days she was almost clear. By one week she was free of eczema, severe itching ( which is by far the worst symptom) and redness/ dry skin. We stopped the medication as directed and within one day she was in a FULL flare. We thought perhaps we did not use it long enough? We tried it again daily for another week and here we are again back in a full flare after daily use for two weeks! So discouraging! Has anyone exp. this???"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2017

Elidel (pimecrolimus): "At first I thought this stuff worked great for my eczema but then I woke up to around 40 zits under my arm... (which is where I applied it to my eczema).. so disappointed... it hurts and my rash looked better than these nasty zits everywhere... now it hurts to wear a bra.."

Siiny (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2017

Elidel (pimecrolimus): "I've suffered from facial eczema for many years now. Within 2 days of starting Elidel I began to see clearing. After 1 week my skin looks healthy again. Works Great and Stops the Itch!"

ItchyItchyScratchyScratchy June 17, 2017

Elidel (pimecrolimus): "A suggestion from my dermatologist when he prescribed this to me. Keep it refrigerator - he said he cuts down on the burning sensation when you first apply it. I did this and so far no problem with burning and the medicine does seem to clear up the flaking and peeling on my eyelids and around eyes."

dawna jo June 16, 2017

Elidel (pimecrolimus): "I have developed eczema around my eyes for the last two years. Elidel burns my skin, makes my eyes water, and makes my nose run. In other words, it makes it worse for me."

L.E.R. April 27, 2017

Elidel (pimecrolimus): "I've been so interested to find out what others think about Elidel. I've been suffering with eczema all my life. I was recently given Elidel to try but I literally want to rip my skin off after I apply it. It makes my face so hot and painful! Such a pity because I know it's suppose to be great! Anyone else feel this?"

LaraDippenaar March 23, 2017

Elidel (pimecrolimus): "After battling facial eczema for over five years, which of course makes one agoraphophic and unwilling to go out to a supermarket, let alone a pub or a nightclub, and with no respite from two different dermatologists in Brussels, I tried Elidel after my Mum sent me a newspaper cutting about a British model who was suffering from eczema and had tried it with successful results. Overnight (!) the redness went away. It hasn't gotten rid of the eczema completely and I still have to use it when I feel a flare-up coming. Elidel changed my life: my facial skin is a "regular" color now (maybe just fractionally too red but only fractionally and nobody would ever comment on it) and I once again go out to pubs and nightclubs in Belgium. 5/5 stars."

alanma November 30, 2016

Elidel (pimecrolimus): "Frustrated with the lack of effectiveness of any of the medications I have been given for this condition - including Elidel. Still experiencing extreme itchiness, oozing, peeling and cracked skin. Over the years more areas of my body is affected with this condition. Painful and unsightly."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 22, 2016

Elidel (pimecrolimus): "Elidel is the best! The only product that finally worked in my case. I am using it since 2007 and love it!"

Anonymous September 8, 2016

Elidel (pimecrolimus): "This cream changed my 7 year old daughters life. She is now 17 and no longer has severe eczema. Because of this cream she was able to finally sleep through the night with out waking to scratch.She no longer got the white skin patches that hydrocortisone cream gave her.The change was dramatic and life changing. We live in NZ"

JuanaNZ October 14, 2015

Elidel (pimecrolimus): "I started using Elidel about a month ago after being diagnosed with Eczema on my face, arms and shoulders, and after topical cortico-steroid creams failed to work. Elidel cleared up my skin very nicely. This summer has been very hot and humid where I live, so my skin has had quite a few breakouts. As long as I used the Elidel at least twice a day, my Eczema remains under control. The only side effect I have noticed is a warming sensation on my face, but I can live with that. Elidel, is by far the best product I have used and thankfully I have a drug plan where I work, because it is expensive."

Dante_Robinson September 10, 2015

Elidel (pimecrolimus): "I had severe eczema on my face, forehead and my cheeks and eyebrows all my life. It was so scaly, flaky and itchy on a daily basis that due to my constant scratching, I had no eyebrows left as they had fallen out due to the constant scratching and the skin was so damaged that new eyebrows couldn't grow. And my face was always red like I had severe sunburn. I started using using Elidel just over 10 years ago. And after just a few weeks of using Elidel my face actually started to heal. My skin totally changed its texture, tone and colour back to what it should have been originally. There was no more itching or the need and desire to scratch. It has totally eradicated the eczema and has been absolutely life changing."

JaiC March 26, 2015

Elidel (pimecrolimus): "Used Elidel for 10 years. In days flare ups would clear up . Side effects skin would feel hot. After 10 years my body build up a tolerance and doesn't really work anymore."

andrea c. (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 25, 2014

Elidel (pimecrolimus): "Used for eyelid eczema twice daily for 8 years. "

Guest1101 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 16, 2013

Elidel (pimecrolimus): "I've suffered from eczema since childhood and Elidel completely eradicated the severe eczema lesions behind my knees. While I still have a few spots that pop up during the winter, Elidel keeps it controlled. Very effective cream, just very pricey."

Anonymous November 20, 2012

Elidel (pimecrolimus): "My sister had eczema and when she used it everything went. Simple! "

Noel Prada (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 28, 2012