User Reviews for Pimecrolimus topical to treat Eczema

Also known as: Elidel

Pimecrolimus topical Rating Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 138 medications used in the treatment of Eczema.

Reviews for Pimecrolimus topical

Jd · Taken for less than 1 month July 3, 2020

Elidel (pimecrolimus): “I never leave reviews for anything, but knowing someone like myself is coming here to get info I had too. I've been dealing with embarrassing clusters of seb derm/eczema on the side of my nose and perioral areas. I've tried everything for the last 2 years and someone gave me a tube of this and I tried it and, knock on wood its day 3 and my face is almost back to normal. Give this a shot, I haven't had any side effects or than some drying of the areas I've used it.”

indierockgrrrl · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 17, 2020

Elidel (pimecrolimus): “no! no! no! do not use Elidel it's worse than using hydrocortisone. It took me over a year for my face to clear up which is where my doctor told me to apply it on. Big mistake. Please note that prolonged use of any topical treatment for eczema such as topical steroids and even immunosuppressants like Elidel can lead to developing red skin syndrome/topical steroid withdrawal. if you feel your eczema is getting worse and worse please look up topical steroid withdrawal!”

Mary · Taken for 10 years or more January 29, 2020

Elidel (pimecrolimus): “Elidel works well on the bubbly oozing break outs. Nips them in the bud. Use as needed. But if I use it around my neck and shoulders I will have muscle soreness/stiffness in that area.”

Orangesoda · Taken for less than 1 month October 6, 2019

Elidel (pimecrolimus): “I started using Elidel about a week ago the first day I put it on it was unbearably burning and itching the second day it was still stinging but not as bad and now when I use it , it doesn't burn anymore. IT clears me up pretty fast but I still get dry peeling skin at the application site. I’ve noticed since starting I’ve gotten way more tired . Like I sleep for 8 hours and can't get out if bed dead tired.”

Tentative · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 24, 2019

Elidel (pimecrolimus): “After having eczema most of my life, it seemed to get worse after having allergy shots. 18 months ago the rash was on my face, neck, shoulders, back, and some on my stomach and legs. Hot sweaty weather was unbearable. I had 4 triamcinolone shots over 14 months. The shots cleared me up, but their good effect became less each time, and I had arm bruising and started to get anxiety episodes. A new doctor prescribed tacrolimus for my face, but I was allergic to it. Elidel is working for now, clearing angry red patches on the sides of my neck and most of the problems areas on my face, including my left eye. My arms also got better even though I only used Pimecrolimus on face and neck. However, I feel tired, sometimes bone tired. Twice in six weeks of use I have had swollen glands and a cold with a fatigue that keeps coming back. I pause the medication to get better. The skin repair is like magic, but I am worried about the side effects. A weak immune system is a big deal.”

jamal · Taken for less than 1 month January 31, 2019

Elidel (pimecrolimus): “It is very effective”

sad eczema user · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 30, 2018

Elidel (pimecrolimus): “After being prescribed Elidel, my skin got much worse. I thought it would get worse and then eventually get better, but I was very wrong. Months later, not only has Elidel caused extreme, extreme, EXTREME skin discolouration, but my eczema has gotten worse, my immune system has weakened, and I am constantly sick. Highly do not recommend. I've had eczema for over half my life, and it has never been worse than it is now, thanks to Elidel.”

PrettyBG · Taken for less than 1 month August 16, 2018

Elidel (pimecrolimus): “I had got little bumps (not like acne you can pop) all over my entire face! Yes, around my mouth, forehead, cheeks and the side of my face. It was horrible. I went to the dermatologist and she prescribed elidel. I put it on twice a day and it worked fast! They started clearing up by the third day of usage and by the sixth day they were gone. My face is clearer then before. At first using in the dosage in the morning and going outside the sun kind of irritated my skin and caused my areas of the skin on my face to itch. So I would either put the morning dose on like at 6 or 7 am bc I knew I wouldn’t be leaving the house till 12 and the last amount at night. I recommend don’t put it on skin and go straight into the sun. But I’m so glad my doctor prescribed this it worked for me and had no serious side effects . Oh and you don’t have apply much either!”

MrsG · Taken for less than 1 month July 26, 2018

Elidel (pimecrolimus): “My 2yr old has been suffering with eczema on his cheeks since he was 7 months old. It would only appear during winter however it would be extremely red, scabby, he would itch consistently making it bleed. On occasion it would weep and I am assuming it would hurt him as at night he would not sleep. My poor little boy would suffer day after day and nothing I did or try would work. After spending over $600 trying to find a solution the Dr gave us Elidel cream and it worked within 2 days ! I can not describe how amazing this cream worked for us I am so happy my boy is better !”

Abs · Taken for 10 years or more June 20, 2018

“Been using cream since I was about 8 years old after other creams failed to work and I had to see a specialist. I am now 18 and still using elidel. My eczema flares up with stress and elidel keeps it under control during these times, the rest of the time I use a moisturiser. I still have outbreaks but have found other ways to cope to keep my eczema at a moderate level. When I first started the cream it had a burning sensation but I no longer experience this.”

Kec · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 17, 2018

Elidel (pimecrolimus): “Cleared up my toddlers eczema on his around his eye after steroids failed. Occasionally when it can comes back I use elidel at first sign and within two days it's healed. Works for us!”

oupsie · Taken for less than 1 month March 14, 2018

Elidel (pimecrolimus): “Eczema cleared up with in 2 weeks.”

Corey7172 · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 3, 2018

“Works great on my psoriasis, the only downside is reacts with alcohol causing a feeling of intense warmth/heat.”

Teresa6908 · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 31, 2017

Elidel (pimecrolimus): “After discovering the cost of the medication, I asked my physician if I could get a sample before buying it. The pharmaceutical company would not send samples. That should have been an indication that it might not be effective. I finally purchased the prescription of 30 g for $250. I have not found the product to be very effective. It makes the area applied to very dry which leads to the skin cracking. Vaseline works as well as the Elidel at a fraction of the cost.”

B.Z · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 2, 2017

Elidel (pimecrolimus): “This did not work at all”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 24, 2017

Elidel (pimecrolimus): “My daughter just turned two and has failed every conventional method of treating her eczema. We have seen multiple specialists and after much consideration ( due to the warnings and side effects) we decided to try Elidel. After 3 days she was almost clear. By one week she was free of eczema, severe itching ( which is by far the worst symptom) and redness/ dry skin. We stopped the medication as directed and within one day she was in a FULL flare. We thought perhaps we did not use it long enough? We tried it again daily for another week and here we are again back in a full flare after daily use for two weeks! So discouraging! Has anyone exp. this???”

Siiny · Taken for less than 1 month August 17, 2017

Elidel (pimecrolimus): “At first I thought this stuff worked great for my eczema but then I woke up to around 40 zits under my arm... (which is where I applied it to my eczema).. so disappointed... it hurts and my rash looked better than these nasty zits everywhere... now it hurts to wear a bra..”

ItchyItchyScratchyScratchy June 17, 2017

Elidel (pimecrolimus): “I've suffered from facial eczema for many years now. Within 2 days of starting Elidel I began to see clearing. After 1 week my skin looks healthy again. Works Great and Stops the Itch!”

dawna jo June 16, 2017

Elidel (pimecrolimus): “A suggestion from my dermatologist when he prescribed this to me. Keep it refrigerator - he said he cuts down on the burning sensation when you first apply it. I did this and so far no problem with burning and the medicine does seem to clear up the flaking and peeling on my eyelids and around eyes.”

L.E.R. April 27, 2017

Elidel (pimecrolimus): “I have developed eczema around my eyes for the last two years. Elidel burns my skin, makes my eyes water, and makes my nose run. In other words, it makes it worse for me.”

LaraDippenaar March 23, 2017

Elidel (pimecrolimus): “I've been so interested to find out what others think about Elidel. I've been suffering with eczema all my life. I was recently given Elidel to try but I literally want to rip my skin off after I apply it. It makes my face so hot and painful! Such a pity because I know it's suppose to be great! Anyone else feel this?”

alanma November 30, 2016

Elidel (pimecrolimus): “After battling facial eczema for over five years, which of course makes one agoraphophic and unwilling to go out to a supermarket, let alone a pub or a nightclub, and with no respite from two different dermatologists in Brussels, I tried Elidel after my Mum sent me a newspaper cutting about a British model who was suffering from eczema and had tried it with successful results. Overnight (!) the redness went away. It hasn't gotten rid of the eczema completely and I still have to use it when I feel a flare-up coming. Elidel changed my life: my facial skin is a "regular" color now (maybe just fractionally too red but only fractionally and nobody would ever comment on it) and I once again go out to pubs and nightclubs in Belgium. 5/5 stars.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 22, 2016

Elidel (pimecrolimus): “Frustrated with the lack of effectiveness of any of the medications I have been given for this condition - including Elidel. Still experiencing extreme itchiness, oozing, peeling and cracked skin. Over the years more areas of my body is affected with this condition. Painful and unsightly.”

Anonymous September 8, 2016

Elidel (pimecrolimus): “Elidel is the best! The only product that finally worked in my case. I am using it since 2007 and love it!”

JuanaNZ October 14, 2015

Elidel (pimecrolimus): “This cream changed my 7 year old daughters life. She is now 17 and no longer has severe eczema. Because of this cream she was able to finally sleep through the night with out waking to scratch.She no longer got the white skin patches that hydrocortisone cream gave her.The change was dramatic and life changing. We live in NZ”