User Reviews for Pimecrolimus

Also known as: Elidel

Learn more about Pimecrolimus.

Eczema 15 reviews 254 medications

8.1
Atopic Dermatitis 7 reviews 250 medications

7.9
Perioral Dermatitis 3 reviews 121 medications

6.7
Summary of Pimecrolimus reviews 25 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Pimecrolimus

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Eczema: "Frustrated with the lack of effectiveness of any of the medications I have been given for this condition - including Elidel. Still experiencing extreme itchiness, oozing, peeling and cracked skin. Over the years more areas of my body is affected with this condition. Painful and unsightly."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 22, 2016

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Perioral Dermatitis: "I have a lot of skincare allergies that manifest as perioral dermatitis. For years it cleared up after stopping use of what was triggering it. Two years ago it became chronic and not a day went by that I didn't have at least one or two of those annoying bumps, but often more like 10-20 and persistent redness. After being misdiagnosed as folliculitis and rosacea, I found a derm that got it right and was prescribed Elidel because I had already tried and had no success with all of the typical treatments. Elidel was able to completely clear up the rash in less than a week and has continued to keep me clear for weeks now. I did experience a mild warming feeling that went away after a few applications. So happy to finally have some relief."

LCRN17 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 17, 2016

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Eczema: "Elidel is the best! The only product that finally worked in my case. I am using it since 2007 and love it!"

Anonymous September 8, 2016

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Perioral Dermatitis: "Prescribed to me for Seborrheic Dermatitis on my nose, eyebrows and eyelids. Elidel made the inflammation worse for me and migrated into my eyes causing a lot of itchiness, irritation and pain. Cost with discount card given to me by my doctor was $100 for a 60mg tube."

Steve Austin July 1, 2016

For Perioral Dermatitis: "In UK. Began getting redness and flaky skin on my face a few years back. Tried all the topical steroids which just had no effect. It came and went, each time coming back affecting a new part of the face. Saw a dermatologist, he subscribed Elidel... I haven't looked back. A tube costs about "

Alll June 30, 2016

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Unfortunately I am a large breasted woman, breast fed three sons so its no wonder under my breasts became sensitive when I reached my 40s. My primary doctor gave me creams and eventually steroid cream, which also thinned my skin as well (I see others had the same issue) dermatologist gave me Zeasorb powder which strangely enough is sold for athletes foot and then the Elides cream which was 30 bucks for a small tube! However after using it for a week rash is completely gone for the first time in over three years. Next time Ill go right to the dermatologist for skin issues. I had no side effects."

cathysj June 12, 2016

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Dermatologist prescribed Elidel for facial itching, burning, redness plus swelling, dryness, cold sore, especially serious scaling around mouth & on lips. I have had all kinds of skin cancer on face, legs & chest, plus a melanoma on thigh. When I read the side effects on your site & others, I chose not to use Elidel. It was too risky for me. I am an 81-yr-young female. Due to the extreme burning of most of my face, I rubbed it with ICE CUBES which gave me awesome relief, enabled me to sleep without itching & scratching. Outbreak cleared up within 2 weeks."

High Priestess March 3, 2016

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "My daughter has been suffering from severe dermatitis for several years. Our doctor recommended Elidel and surprisingly her dermatitis cleared in 2 days."

Rosy11 February 6, 2016

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "I was getting persistent breakouts (atopic dermatitis) on my face especially after shaving. I first began using prescription strength hydrocortisone cream and other steroid creams, but after a while they lost their effectiveness and began making my skin worse. And it caused thinning of my skin. I eventually started using Elidel and my skin significantly improved right away. Elidel caused no adverse reactions. I barely need to use Elidel anymore. Elidel was initially not covered by my insurance. However, my dermatologist was able to obtain prior authorization by submitting records showing that steroid creams did not work."

SteveO516 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2015

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Eczema: "This cream changed my 7 year old daughters life. She is now 17 and no longer has severe eczema. Because of this cream she was able to finally sleep through the night with out waking to scratch.She no longer got the white skin patches that hydrocortisone cream gave her.The change was dramatic and life changing. We live in NZ"

JuanaNZ October 14, 2015

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Eczema: "I started using Elidel about a month ago after being diagnosed with Eczema on my face, arms and shoulders, and after topical cortico-steroid creams failed to work. Elidel cleared up my skin very nicely. This summer has been very hot and humid where I live, so my skin has had quite a few breakouts. As long as I used the Elidel at least twice a day, my Eczema remains under control. The only side effect I have noticed is a warming sensation on my face, but I can live with that. Elidel, is by far the best product I have used and thankfully I have a drug plan where I work, because it is expensive."

Dante_Robinson September 10, 2015

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Sudden attacks of agonizing atopic dermatitis that resisted all cortisone creams. My dermatologist prescribed Elidel and it worked! No side effects except my great delight and relief. Now, as another attack has arrived, I paid the outrageous price for a tube, but THAT side effect is small due to its efficacy."

Brunnhilde999 June 13, 2015

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Eczema: "I had severe eczema on my face, forehead and my cheeks and eyebrows all my life. It was so scaly, flaky and itchy on a daily basis that due to my constant scratching, I had no eyebrows left as they had fallen out due to the constant scratching and the skin was so damaged that new eyebrows couldn't grow. And my face was always red like I had severe sunburn. I started using using Elidel just over 10 years ago. And after just a few weeks of using Elidel my face actually started to heal. My skin totally changed its texture, tone and colour back to what it should have been originally. There was no more itching or the need and desire to scratch. It has totally eradicated the eczema and has been absolutely life changing."

JaiC March 26, 2015

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Eczema: "Used Elidel for 10 years. In days flare ups would clear up . Side effects skin would feel hot. After 10 years my body build up a tolerance and doesn't really work anymore."

andrea c. (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 25, 2014

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Within twenty four hours of using this cream, I saw significant improvement in my symptoms! Wonder cream, YES!"

Anonymous May 3, 2013

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Eczema: "Used for eyelid eczema twice daily for 8 years. "

Guest1101 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 16, 2013

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Eczema: "I've suffered from eczema since childhood and Elidel completely eradicated the severe eczema lesions behind my knees. While I still have a few spots that pop up during the winter, Elidel keeps it controlled. Very effective cream, just very pricey."

Anonymous November 20, 2012

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Eczema: "My sister had eczema and when she used it everything went. Simple! "

Noel Prada (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 28, 2012

For Eczema: "I use it for psoriasis and it works well on thinner skin...not so much on hands or elbows. "

Anonymous March 3, 2012

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Eczema: "I have found that this medicine does clear up my eczema temporarily. However, I find that I have a lot of burning sensations around my face- specifically my eyes feel very very warm when I'm using it."

Anonymous January 21, 2012

For Atopic Dermatitis: "Pimecrolimus seems to work but I have to use it twice a day which is okay. It burned for about the first 2 weeks (I have atopic dermatitis on my eyelids), but it does not burn any more."

wgroth2 July 18, 2011

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Eczema: "I have been using Elidel for about two and a half years. I use it on my face because apparently it does not thin out the skin the way steroid ointments do. Elidel works great on my eyelids as long as I apply it twice a day. It works fairly well on my cheeks and forehead. I have not experienced any side effects while using Elidel."

Anonymous August 10, 2010

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Eczema: "I have used this product and it did not work for me. My condition was later in life (24 years of age). I hope this helps."

Anonymous November 29, 2009

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Eczema: "I am a 63 year old male who has been experiencing eczema on the face for close to a year now. I was prescribed Elidel and use it at least twice a day to keep the eczema in check. It doesn't go away completely, but does calm it down."

Anonymous August 1, 2009

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Eczema: "Seems to be clearing up the skin pretty fast so far, but it does burn. Anyway, I can deal with that, as long as it clears up the skin."

Anonymous March 27, 2009