User Reviews for Pimecrolimus

Also known as: Elidel

Learn more about Pimecrolimus.

Atopic Dermatitis 7 reviews 233 medications

7.9
Eczema 21 reviews 238 medications

7.7
Perioral Dermatitis 4 reviews 121 medications

7.5
Summary of Pimecrolimus reviews 32 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Pimecrolimus

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Eczema: "At first I thought this stuff worked great for my eczema but then I woke up to around 40 zits under my arm... (which is where I applied it to my eczema).. so disappointed... it hurts and my rash looked better than these nasty zits everywhere... now it hurts to wear a bra.."

Siiny (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Perioral Dermatitis: "I've treated my lupus (scale with periodic discoid patches) with clobetasol + plaquenil + occasionally prednisone. As a last-ditch effort to avoid another round of prednisone, I tried Elidel. The first time I put it on my skin, I thought, "This feels so good," but didn't want to get my hopes up. Within 48 hours, my stubborn flared-up skin that had been unfazed by clobetasol was transformed. I started googling this miracle drug Elidel and came across this site. I so hope this cream helps others with lupus."

Csdnil (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Eczema: "I've suffered from facial eczema for many years now. Within 2 days of starting Elidel I began to see clearing. After 1 week my skin looks healthy again. Works Great and Stops the Itch!"

ItchyItchyScratchyScratchy June 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Eczema: "A suggestion from my dermatologist when he prescribed this to me. Keep it refrigerator - he said he cuts down on the burning sensation when you first apply it. I did this and so far no problem with burning and the medicine does seem to clear up the flaking and peeling on my eyelids and around eyes."

dawna jo June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Eczema: "I have developed eczema around my eyes for the last two years. Elidel burns my skin, makes my eyes water, and makes my nose run. In other words, it makes it worse for me."

L.E.R. April 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Eczema: "I've been so interested to find out what others think about Elidel. I've been suffering with eczema all my life. I was recently given Elidel to try but I literally want to rip my skin off after I apply it. It makes my face so hot and painful! Such a pity because I know it's suppose to be great! Anyone else feel this?"

LaraDippenaar March 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Eczema: "After battling facial eczema for over five years, which of course makes one agoraphophic and unwilling to go out to a supermarket, let alone a pub or a nightclub, and with no respite from two different dermatologists in Brussels, I tried Elidel after my Mum sent me a newspaper cutting about a British model who was suffering from eczema and had tried it with successful results. Overnight (!) the redness went away. It hasn't gotten rid of the eczema completely and I still have to use it when I feel a flare-up coming. Elidel changed my life: my facial skin is a "regular" color now (maybe just fractionally too red but only fractionally and nobody would ever comment on it) and I once again go out to pubs and nightclubs in Belgium. 5/5 stars."

alanma November 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Eczema: "Frustrated with the lack of effectiveness of any of the medications I have been given for this condition - including Elidel. Still experiencing extreme itchiness, oozing, peeling and cracked skin. Over the years more areas of my body is affected with this condition. Painful and unsightly."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Perioral Dermatitis: "I have a lot of skincare allergies that manifest as perioral dermatitis. For years it cleared up after stopping use of what was triggering it. Two years ago it became chronic and not a day went by that I didn't have at least one or two of those annoying bumps, but often more like 10-20 and persistent redness. After being misdiagnosed as folliculitis and rosacea, I found a derm that got it right and was prescribed Elidel because I had already tried and had no success with all of the typical treatments. Elidel was able to completely clear up the rash in less than a week and has continued to keep me clear for weeks now. I did experience a mild warming feeling that went away after a few applications. So happy to finally have some relief."

LCRN17 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Eczema: "Elidel is the best! The only product that finally worked in my case. I am using it since 2007 and love it!"

Anonymous September 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Perioral Dermatitis: "Prescribed to me for Seborrheic Dermatitis on my nose, eyebrows and eyelids. Elidel made the inflammation worse for me and migrated into my eyes causing a lot of itchiness, irritation and pain. Cost with discount card given to me by my doctor was $100 for a 60mg tube."

Steve Austin July 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Perioral Dermatitis: "In UK. Began getting redness and flaky skin on my face a few years back. Tried all the topical steroids which just had no effect. It came and went, each time coming back affecting a new part of the face. Saw a dermatologist, he subscribed Elidel... I haven't looked back. A tube costs about "

Alll June 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Unfortunately I am a large breasted woman, breast fed three sons so its no wonder under my breasts became sensitive when I reached my 40s. My primary doctor gave me creams and eventually steroid cream, which also thinned my skin as well (I see others had the same issue) dermatologist gave me Zeasorb powder which strangely enough is sold for athletes foot and then the Elides cream which was 30 bucks for a small tube! However after using it for a week rash is completely gone for the first time in over three years. Next time Ill go right to the dermatologist for skin issues. I had no side effects."

cathysj June 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Dermatologist prescribed Elidel for facial itching, burning, redness plus swelling, dryness, cold sore, especially serious scaling around mouth & on lips. I have had all kinds of skin cancer on face, legs & chest, plus a melanoma on thigh. When I read the side effects on your site & others, I chose not to use Elidel. It was too risky for me. I am an 81-yr-young female. Due to the extreme burning of most of my face, I rubbed it with ICE CUBES which gave me awesome relief, enabled me to sleep without itching & scratching. Outbreak cleared up within 2 weeks."

High Priestess March 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "My daughter has been suffering from severe dermatitis for several years. Our doctor recommended Elidel and surprisingly her dermatitis cleared in 2 days."

Rosy11 February 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "I was getting persistent breakouts (atopic dermatitis) on my face especially after shaving. I first began using prescription strength hydrocortisone cream and other steroid creams, but after a while they lost their effectiveness and began making my skin worse. And it caused thinning of my skin. I eventually started using Elidel and my skin significantly improved right away. Elidel caused no adverse reactions. I barely need to use Elidel anymore. Elidel was initially not covered by my insurance. However, my dermatologist was able to obtain prior authorization by submitting records showing that steroid creams did not work."

SteveO516 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Eczema: "This cream changed my 7 year old daughters life. She is now 17 and no longer has severe eczema. Because of this cream she was able to finally sleep through the night with out waking to scratch.She no longer got the white skin patches that hydrocortisone cream gave her.The change was dramatic and life changing. We live in NZ"

JuanaNZ October 14, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Eczema: "I started using Elidel about a month ago after being diagnosed with Eczema on my face, arms and shoulders, and after topical cortico-steroid creams failed to work. Elidel cleared up my skin very nicely. This summer has been very hot and humid where I live, so my skin has had quite a few breakouts. As long as I used the Elidel at least twice a day, my Eczema remains under control. The only side effect I have noticed is a warming sensation on my face, but I can live with that. Elidel, is by far the best product I have used and thankfully I have a drug plan where I work, because it is expensive."

Dante_Robinson September 10, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Sudden attacks of agonizing atopic dermatitis that resisted all cortisone creams. My dermatologist prescribed Elidel and it worked! No side effects except my great delight and relief. Now, as another attack has arrived, I paid the outrageous price for a tube, but THAT side effect is small due to its efficacy."

Brunnhilde999 June 13, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Eczema: "I had severe eczema on my face, forehead and my cheeks and eyebrows all my life. It was so scaly, flaky and itchy on a daily basis that due to my constant scratching, I had no eyebrows left as they had fallen out due to the constant scratching and the skin was so damaged that new eyebrows couldn't grow. And my face was always red like I had severe sunburn. I started using using Elidel just over 10 years ago. And after just a few weeks of using Elidel my face actually started to heal. My skin totally changed its texture, tone and colour back to what it should have been originally. There was no more itching or the need and desire to scratch. It has totally eradicated the eczema and has been absolutely life changing."

JaiC March 26, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Eczema: "Used Elidel for 10 years. In days flare ups would clear up . Side effects skin would feel hot. After 10 years my body build up a tolerance and doesn't really work anymore."

andrea c. (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 25, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Within twenty four hours of using this cream, I saw significant improvement in my symptoms! Wonder cream, YES!"

Anonymous May 3, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Eczema: "Used for eyelid eczema twice daily for 8 years. "

Guest1101 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 16, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Eczema: "I've suffered from eczema since childhood and Elidel completely eradicated the severe eczema lesions behind my knees. While I still have a few spots that pop up during the winter, Elidel keeps it controlled. Very effective cream, just very pricey."

Anonymous November 20, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Eczema: "My sister had eczema and when she used it everything went. Simple! "

Noel Prada (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 28, 2012