User Reviews for Pimecrolimus

Atopic Dermatitis
7.2

Summary of Pimecrolimus reviews 7.3 47 reviews

Reviews for Pimecrolimus

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for : "I was given this medicine by my physician for less than a pea size dry patch. It burned my skin severely, causing it to become discolored. It burned my skin, making it become more dry and cracked. Over the years, my symptoms have gotten progressively worse. I may have Crohn's now, and I get a bunch swollen lymph nodes. My hands are now crippled, and I have to pry them apart. This cream have weakened my immune system as well. I am very weak at times. I feel helpless, because I couldn't do things for my girls. I tried reaching the company, and all they had to say was...keep us informed. I sent pictures and everything. I reached back out to get no response."

Chavonne (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2018

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Eczema: "My 2yr old has been suffering with eczema on his cheeks since he was 7 months old. It would only appear during winter however it would be extremely red, scabby, he would itch consistently making it bleed. On occasion it would weep and I am assuming it would hurt him as at night he would not sleep. My poor little boy would suffer day after day and nothing I did or try would work. After spending over $600 trying to find a solution the Dr gave us Elidel cream and it worked within 2 days ! I can not describe how amazing this cream worked for us I am so happy my boy is better !"

MrsG (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2018

For Eczema: "Been using cream since I was about 8 years old after other creams failed to work and I had to see a specialist. I am now 18 and still using elidel. My eczema flares up with stress and elidel keeps it under control during these times, the rest of the time I use a moisturiser. I still have outbreaks but have found other ways to cope to keep my eczema at a moderate level. When I first started the cream it had a burning sensation but I no longer experience this."

Abs (taken for 10 years or more) June 20, 2018

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Didn’t work. Ended up with severe side effect i.e fever, headache , muscle stiffness, nasal congestion, numbness in hands and legs, heart burning etc."

Kashif (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2018

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "I had seborrhoic dermatitis constantly for a number of years, however coming across Elidel cream we have been able to counteract the effects by using an autoimmune cream which’s will rectify the effects of dry/rashly skin."

Anonymous May 19, 2018

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Eczema: "Cleared up my toddlers eczema on his around his eye after steroids failed. Occasionally when it can comes back I use elidel at first sign and within two days it's healed. Works for us!"

Kec (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2018

For Not Listed / Other: "I was recently diagnosed with Rosacea and elidel has completely cleared up my skin within two weeks. I could not recommend it more it has been a life saver!"

Emma (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2018

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Perioral Dermatitis: "My 11 year old daughter swims 6 times a week. She’s a state swimmer and everyone told us that it was the chlorine that caused the facial dermatitis but she’s been swimming since she was 2. Maybe hormone change could have been a trigger but it started around her nose, spread to both sides of her chin and then to her eyebrows. Red spots, weeping, itching, crusting. Tried cortisone 1% and many natural creams but no steroids as I read such bad reviews of suppressing the issue and it reappearing worse than ever. A pharmacist suggested Elidel and we asked the doctor immediately. Within 5 days (whilst swimming) the redness has gone and for the first time in 6mths, her skin looks normal again. I’m so impressed! It was subsidised in Oz (Australia) and we paid $40 for a small tube. Worth every cent! I just hope it controls this condition. Time will tell as I don’t want it to be a long term solution."

Rach (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2018

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Eczema: "Eczema cleared up with in 2 weeks."

oupsie (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2018

For Eczema: "Works great on my psoriasis, the only downside is reacts with alcohol causing a feeling of intense warmth/heat."

Corey7172 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 3, 2018

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Eczema: "After discovering the cost of the medication, I asked my physician if I could get a sample before buying it. The pharmaceutical company would not send samples. That should have been an indication that it might not be effective. I finally purchased the prescription of 30 g for $250. I have not found the product to be very effective. It makes the area applied to very dry which leads to the skin cracking. Vaseline works as well as the Elidel at a fraction of the cost."

Teresa6908 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2017

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "I was prescribed this cream by a consultant dermatologist, I used on my eyebrows on and off for some 5-6months recently my glands on one side of my neck have swollen, I don't have a cold or flu or any other symptoms of any viral infection, apart from a reddening of my throat, GP prescribed some antibiotics which don't seem to of done much, I still have a sharp pain when I breathe in quickly through my nose or lie on that side of my neck in bed I haven't used this since and don't intend using again nor do I trust the pharma industry"

Tommy4567 November 19, 2017

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "I suffer with severe atopic dermatitis. I went to several dermatologist before they could figure out my condition. I tried several creams and ointments but they all burned and made the skin red and swollen. Then it would all flake away n become inflammed again. In 5 days of using elidel my skin is clearer than it's been in months! It doesn't burn going on the skin (I keep it in the fridge) n it feels smooth going on. Definitely apply a moisturizer after application. Elidel has been a God send!! I hope it works for everyone else. Elidel is very expensive."

Dayraf09 (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2017

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Elidel, used in conjunction with applying nizoral shampoo on my face for 7 mins every day (as directed by dermatologist - apply twice a week after 7 days), has almost completely cleared the dermatitis on my face & neck within a week. I now look normal and feel like I might finally have my life back again after years of struggling with steroid creams that eventually stopped working & more recently being off work & not leaving the house due to looking like a leper! No burning or stinging for me. Long may this phase continue"

Florali (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2017

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Physician was wary of keeping me on steroids on the face since the dermatitis and eczema was still coming back. She gave me Elidel and it worked really well, things cleared up within a few days. Initial side effects were application burning and itching, but skin got used to it and I don't get that anymore. I kept on it for several weeks and the dermatitis didn't return by itself. I still use it for any missed spots of eczema or dermatitis that flares up. It's safe to use on top of my Avar LS wash, so now lots of my dermatitis and eczema is under control with this combo. A personal positive side effect is that it inhibited hair growth on my upper lip where I used it."

Yura1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 2, 2017

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Eczema: "This did not work at all"

B.Z (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 2, 2017

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Eczema: "My daughter just turned two and has failed every conventional method of treating her eczema. We have seen multiple specialists and after much consideration ( due to the warnings and side effects) we decided to try Elidel. After 3 days she was almost clear. By one week she was free of eczema, severe itching ( which is by far the worst symptom) and redness/ dry skin. We stopped the medication as directed and within one day she was in a FULL flare. We thought perhaps we did not use it long enough? We tried it again daily for another week and here we are again back in a full flare after daily use for two weeks! So discouraging! Has anyone exp. this???"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2017

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Eczema: "At first I thought this stuff worked great for my eczema but then I woke up to around 40 zits under my arm... (which is where I applied it to my eczema).. so disappointed... it hurts and my rash looked better than these nasty zits everywhere... now it hurts to wear a bra.."

Siiny (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2017

For Perioral Dermatitis: "I've treated my lupus (scale with periodic discoid patches) with clobetasol + plaquenil + occasionally prednisone. As a last-ditch effort to avoid another round of prednisone, I tried Elidel. The first time I put it on my skin, I thought, "This feels so good," but didn't want to get my hopes up. Within 48 hours, my stubborn flared-up skin that had been unfazed by clobetasol was transformed. I started googling this miracle drug Elidel and came across this site. I so hope this cream helps others with lupus."

Csdnil (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2017

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Eczema: "I've suffered from facial eczema for many years now. Within 2 days of starting Elidel I began to see clearing. After 1 week my skin looks healthy again. Works Great and Stops the Itch!"

ItchyItchyScratchyScratchy June 17, 2017

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Eczema: "A suggestion from my dermatologist when he prescribed this to me. Keep it refrigerator - he said he cuts down on the burning sensation when you first apply it. I did this and so far no problem with burning and the medicine does seem to clear up the flaking and peeling on my eyelids and around eyes."

dawna jo June 16, 2017

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Eczema: "I have developed eczema around my eyes for the last two years. Elidel burns my skin, makes my eyes water, and makes my nose run. In other words, it makes it worse for me."

L.E.R. April 27, 2017

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Eczema: "I've been so interested to find out what others think about Elidel. I've been suffering with eczema all my life. I was recently given Elidel to try but I literally want to rip my skin off after I apply it. It makes my face so hot and painful! Such a pity because I know it's suppose to be great! Anyone else feel this?"

LaraDippenaar March 23, 2017

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Eczema: "After battling facial eczema for over five years, which of course makes one agoraphophic and unwilling to go out to a supermarket, let alone a pub or a nightclub, and with no respite from two different dermatologists in Brussels, I tried Elidel after my Mum sent me a newspaper cutting about a British model who was suffering from eczema and had tried it with successful results. Overnight (!) the redness went away. It hasn't gotten rid of the eczema completely and I still have to use it when I feel a flare-up coming. Elidel changed my life: my facial skin is a "regular" color now (maybe just fractionally too red but only fractionally and nobody would ever comment on it) and I once again go out to pubs and nightclubs in Belgium. 5/5 stars."

alanma November 30, 2016

Elidel (pimecrolimus) for Eczema: "Frustrated with the lack of effectiveness of any of the medications I have been given for this condition - including Elidel. Still experiencing extreme itchiness, oozing, peeling and cracked skin. Over the years more areas of my body is affected with this condition. Painful and unsightly."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 22, 2016