User Reviews for Pimecrolimus topical

Also known as: Elidel

Pimecrolimus Rating Summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 150 medications used in the treatment of Atopic Dermatitis.

Reviews for Pimecrolimus to treat Atopic Dermatitis

Elidel (pimecrolimus): "I have atopic dermatitis and I've had it for my whole life. I was miserable so my doctor prescribed me elidel. It made me worse. It made me peel really bad like huge chunks of skin would fall off of my body. It also dried out my skin. I will never use this again."

Me (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2018

Elidel (pimecrolimus): "Didn’t work. Ended up with severe side effect i.e fever, headache , muscle stiffness, nasal congestion, numbness in hands and legs, heart burning etc."

Kashif (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2018

Elidel (pimecrolimus): "I had seborrhoic dermatitis constantly for a number of years, however coming across Elidel cream we have been able to counteract the effects by using an autoimmune cream which’s will rectify the effects of dry/rashly skin."

Anonymous May 19, 2018

Elidel (pimecrolimus): "I was prescribed this cream by a consultant dermatologist, I used on my eyebrows on and off for some 5-6months recently my glands on one side of my neck have swollen, I don't have a cold or flu or any other symptoms of any viral infection, apart from a reddening of my throat, GP prescribed some antibiotics which don't seem to of done much, I still have a sharp pain when I breathe in quickly through my nose or lie on that side of my neck in bed I haven't used this since and don't intend using again nor do I trust the pharma industry"

Tommy4567 November 19, 2017

Elidel (pimecrolimus): "I suffer with severe atopic dermatitis. I went to several dermatologist before they could figure out my condition. I tried several creams and ointments but they all burned and made the skin red and swollen. Then it would all flake away n become inflammed again. In 5 days of using elidel my skin is clearer than it's been in months! It doesn't burn going on the skin (I keep it in the fridge) n it feels smooth going on. Definitely apply a moisturizer after application. Elidel has been a God send!! I hope it works for everyone else. Elidel is very expensive."

Dayraf09 (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2017

Elidel (pimecrolimus): "Elidel, used in conjunction with applying nizoral shampoo on my face for 7 mins every day (as directed by dermatologist - apply twice a week after 7 days), has almost completely cleared the dermatitis on my face & neck within a week. I now look normal and feel like I might finally have my life back again after years of struggling with steroid creams that eventually stopped working & more recently being off work & not leaving the house due to looking like a leper! No burning or stinging for me. Long may this phase continue"

Florali (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2017

Elidel (pimecrolimus): "Physician was wary of keeping me on steroids on the face since the dermatitis and eczema was still coming back. She gave me Elidel and it worked really well, things cleared up within a few days. Initial side effects were application burning and itching, but skin got used to it and I don't get that anymore. I kept on it for several weeks and the dermatitis didn't return by itself. I still use it for any missed spots of eczema or dermatitis that flares up. It's safe to use on top of my Avar LS wash, so now lots of my dermatitis and eczema is under control with this combo. A personal positive side effect is that it inhibited hair growth on my upper lip where I used it."

Yura1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 2, 2017

Elidel (pimecrolimus): "Unfortunately I am a large breasted woman, breast fed three sons so its no wonder under my breasts became sensitive when I reached my 40s. My primary doctor gave me creams and eventually steroid cream, which also thinned my skin as well (I see others had the same issue) dermatologist gave me Zeasorb powder which strangely enough is sold for athletes foot and then the Elides cream which was 30 bucks for a small tube! However after using it for a week rash is completely gone for the first time in over three years. Next time Ill go right to the dermatologist for skin issues. I had no side effects."

cathysj June 12, 2016

Elidel (pimecrolimus): "Dermatologist prescribed Elidel for facial itching, burning, redness plus swelling, dryness, cold sore, especially serious scaling around mouth & on lips. I have had all kinds of skin cancer on face, legs & chest, plus a melanoma on thigh. When I read the side effects on your site & others, I chose not to use Elidel. It was too risky for me. I am an 81-yr-young female. Due to the extreme burning of most of my face, I rubbed it with ICE CUBES which gave me awesome relief, enabled me to sleep without itching & scratching. Outbreak cleared up within 2 weeks."

High Priestess March 3, 2016

Elidel (pimecrolimus): "My daughter has been suffering from severe dermatitis for several years. Our doctor recommended Elidel and surprisingly her dermatitis cleared in 2 days."

Rosy11 February 6, 2016

Elidel (pimecrolimus): "I was getting persistent breakouts (atopic dermatitis) on my face especially after shaving. I first began using prescription strength hydrocortisone cream and other steroid creams, but after a while they lost their effectiveness and began making my skin worse. And it caused thinning of my skin. I eventually started using Elidel and my skin significantly improved right away. Elidel caused no adverse reactions. I barely need to use Elidel anymore. Elidel was initially not covered by my insurance. However, my dermatologist was able to obtain prior authorization by submitting records showing that steroid creams did not work."

SteveO516 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2015

Elidel (pimecrolimus): "Sudden attacks of agonizing atopic dermatitis that resisted all cortisone creams. My dermatologist prescribed Elidel and it worked! No side effects except my great delight and relief. Now, as another attack has arrived, I paid the outrageous price for a tube, but THAT side effect is small due to its efficacy."

Brunnhilde999 June 13, 2015

Elidel (pimecrolimus): "Within twenty four hours of using this cream, I saw significant improvement in my symptoms! Wonder cream, YES!"

Anonymous May 3, 2013

"Pimecrolimus seems to work but I have to use it twice a day which is okay. It burned for about the first 2 weeks (I have atopic dermatitis on my eyelids), but it does not burn any more."

wgroth2 July 18, 2011