User Reviews for Neulasta

Neutropenia Associat...ith Chemotherapy
6.8

Summary of Neulasta reviews 6.8 38 reviews

Reviews for Neulasta

For Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy "I have Diffuse Large Cell B Lymphoma and have experienced so far that Neulasta Onpro does work to raise your WBC thats for sure. The big negative that I experienced is the terrible bone pain that occurs several days after the drug is administered, like someone is tapping on your hip and thigh bones, and lower spine with a hammer. Pretty bad pain. The first time, the pain was really bad for 12 hours, couldn't sleep, was in bed flat and couldn't move the affected areas at all, was in so much pain, just as I lay there, it was the worst pain I have ever felt. I am on the second use now, 4 days after it took effect as I write this and the pain is in the same spots and it pretty bad, but not unbearable at this point like the last time.. Hope it doesn't get worse as the night goes on."

Drew (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 3, 2019

For Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy "I have never felt worse than I have after receiving this medication. I received a shot after my treatments and today has been the worse ever. I cannot feel my hands and my feet hurt to stand/walk. I will be asking my doctor to take this out of my regimen.."

willie (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2019

For Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy "My 89.5 year old mom got a shot of neulasta on Tuesday. Her first and only one. She has been so sick; we are assuming from the shot. She has a red rash and severe left upper abdominal pain. Sharp pains and tenderness. And sharp pains when she breathes in. It has been 5 days since the shot and the pain is still strong. She isn't having bone pain at all, like some others have. We are hoping she feels better any minute now and have delayed seeking medical attention as we hope this will pass. She sees her dr again in 3 days and hope he acts like he cares."

Angie (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2019

For Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy "My little brother has stage 4 pancreatic cancer that has spread to his liver. He was diagnosed in early September of this year. He got up early on day 2 after taking Neulasta and complained about severe pain from his stomach to the back of his neck and shoulders. We just heard about the Claritan medication application through this news letters and others. I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for recommending the Claritan to help stop some of the pain. He just hates taking pain medications for the way it makes him feel. He is just so worn out all of the time. Will try and get back to you nice people for helping with the advice. He has a very rare cancer so we will see. Again Thanks for the advice."

Jgoat (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2019

For Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy "I didn’t expect the pain to be so bad. My jaw, teeth, arms, legs and stomach were all hurting. Felt like labor pains!!! I’ve had 4 children and wasn’t as uncomfortable as this! I’m not sure I want to go through this again in a few weeks"

Flyniah (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 4, 2019

For Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy "I have stage 2b lung cancer. I have had surgery but am receiving chemotherapy because it was also found in my lymph nodes. The first time my white cell numbers were down I had to postpone chemo and get one shot of the generic Nuelasta each day for 3 days. I have now had 1 dose on the OnPro Nuelasta. The shots made my bones hurt much more than Nuelasta but no one told me about Claritin when I got the shots. I begin the Claritin 1 day before chemo, take it the day of, and 3 days after. I had no pain at all. I take the extended release Claritin D every 24 hrs. Hope this helps someone."

Junebug (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2018

For Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy "Hi, I'm writing re: my father's experience. Re: "123mfd123" comment - I track Dad's blood levels. After one chemo/Neulasta round, there was no WBC count spike (typical by day 7). Doctor's henchman said Neulasta "absolutely did not malfunction." I dug the spent injectors out of the "sharps" container (note: injector blue tube isn't sharp), weighed them on a kitchen scale, & called Neulasta (company: Amgen) customer service w/ weights & Lot #s. FDA mandates that Med Device Companies take all complaints seriously. Amgen sent me a box to return the slightly-heavier injector associated w/the missing WBC spike. I want Amgen to have the data, so they can improve their product or recall any faulty product if needed. Other than that dispenser, we've had no issues."

Dad's Daughter November 26, 2018

For Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy "Onpro ads on TV are so bogus. First of all , all patients should be shown BALD. They romanticize this entire experience. Once you get Neulasta or Onpro, you experience debilitating bone/muscle pain. You cannot stand to be touched literally. From head to toe. Claritin? Ha, helps minimally if at all. Me, I take home the shot and give it to myself 24 hours after my treatment. Okay it helps with neutropenia, I get it. But please don’t show women with a full head of hair with Onpro on their arm. We are bald, feel like crap, and it takes 2 days to get over the side affects of this over priced drug. Cancer in all its forms is ugly, and so is its treatment."

Jazz (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 24, 2018

For Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy "If I see that stupid commercial one more time. “ wouldn’t you rather stay at home”. No, I wouldn’t. I would rather go get a shot everyday than take this. Horrible side effects. This drug is all about big pharma and money."

Jack (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2018

For Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy "Started taking Neulasta in conjunction with my chemo. So far have 2 injections, the pain is more severe each time. Pain on a scale of (1-10) always minimum 8 and escalating to 10 occasionally. Can barely get out of bed for 3 days. Spoke with oncology dept. about my severe back pain and they told me it had nothing to do with the Neulasta and so see my family doctor. None of my Drs. forewarned me before I started taking this drug of the severe side effects and it looks like they still have their "heads in the sand". Or they believe the pain is worth the gain, unfortunately they are not going through it. I'm going to try the Claritin as someone recommended as there will obviously be no assistance coming from my medical field."

Beth R (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2018

For Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy "The neulasta did exactly what it was supposed to do, however, the bone pain that I experienced for five days was almost a ten on the pain scale. I could only sleep an hour or so at a time. I took the recommended Claritin, dosages of ibuprofen, and hydrocodone. I started taking recommended doses of pain killers the night before the neulasta Nothing could be touch my pain. My second dose was worse than the first. While my counts have never been low, it is with great anxiety that I gave my third experience this week with Neulasta."

Sue S (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2018

For Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy "Worse experience in my life with any medication. My WBC counts were normal after 12 rounds of chemo so it was unnecessary. I have never felt such excruciating bone pain for over 8 days. I was bedridden unable to stand up or sit down. Lost a weeks worth of work which is devastating as an independent contractor. I never will take Neulasta again no matter who recommends it. :("

Alex59 (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2017

For Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy "I received the Neulasta after my chemo on Thursday. It blinked away for 27 hours, sounded its 2-minute warning, and dispenses its medicine all as advertised. I took Claritin and experienced no bone pain. By Monday I developed a fever, and by Wednesday my white cell count hit ZERO. I think the Neulasta failed and am curious about other patients with NO white cell count improvements from Neulasta. Also, the commercials really bother me because all the actors have hair. By the time you're on "strong chemo" you have no hair, eyebrows, or eyelashes."

123mfd123 (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2017

For Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy "Oncologist ordered my Neulasta injection the day following each chemo treatment for lymphoma. Two days after the first injection, I experienced debilitating bone pain in my femurs, hips and pelvis. Could barely walk & pelvis actually throbbed with deep bone ache! The pain lasted for three days, eventually subsiding on Day 3. Oncologist's nurse informed me of that specific Neulasta side effect AND that she'd heard that if I took over-the-counter Claritin the day of chemo (no benadryl), and for the following five days, it may reduce the bone pain. Tried the Claritin path and experienced NO bone pain after Neulasta! My only complaint is that, in two out of six treatments, white cell count was not up enough for next chemo, delaying me 4-5 days."

Rifleman1775 March 14, 2017

For Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy "I am not sure how effective the shot was but I'm giving a low rating due to a severe allergic reaction. I had my first chemo on a Monday and received the shot at 3pm the following Wednesday. By 5pm my feet were burning a rash swept up my whole body. My heart was racing. Spent the evening in ER. Needed shot of epinephrine and hooked up to IV. I will not be having the shot after my second round of chemo this Monday."

G Mac March 3, 2017

For Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy "I have to rate this so low because of the side effects. I cannot even put into words how excruciating and debilitating the pain was. 72 hours an eternity. A experience that would stop me from taking chemo, but the doctor said he will not give it again. Hope this reaction does not happen to anyone else."

Everyday1960 February 24, 2017

For Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy "Severe stabbing bone pain, rash and blisters on body."

Dolllll (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2017

For Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy "Hodgkin's lymphoma , had five nuelasta shots to date...each time it takes longer to kick in ... Now at eight days after the shot for it to start working. I spend about 36 hours with terrible bone pain, fever the whole time, flu symptoms...each time, but I am always neutropenia at my nadir (7 days) and then when it kicks in, counts go way up. Take Claritan and Tylenol for pain/fever, but it is hard to feel like it is helping..."

Skywatch December 15, 2016

For Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy "I learned from another patient to take Claritin a few days after the shot and keep taking it for 5 days. It really worked. The first time the pain was so bad, it felt like 3-4 days of labor pains. When I used the Claritin I only felt little twinges and a few cramps."

mplstracy August 14, 2016

For Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy "I was the rare case that was allergic to Neulasta and ended up in the ER with anaphylaxis the day after getting the injection. After an epi-pen, many steroids, and a night in the hospital, I'm still feeling the effects of the reaction a week later. I will now have to finish AC chemo without a white blood cell booster. Please be careful on this medication and call your doctor at any signs of swelling or trouble breathing."

Anonymous May 20, 2016

For Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy "I have an injection the day after Taxotere chemo for breast cancer. The aches kick in the day after and two days` later are very uncomfortable, mostly in my bones down from the waist. I take 4 x 200mgs of Ibuprofen with my morning cuppa and that takes about an hour to take effect and will last me until about tea time. Then I take a couple of paracetamol before bed. When it starts to get better after about 5 days, I just take a co-codemol tablet before bed and then I sleep. My doc` has approved this regime. I even resorted to drinking wine one night and yes it dulls the pain but I felt rubbish the next day. I experimented to see what worked for me. My blood count is excellent so it all seems worth it."

Pittkins (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 1, 2016

For Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy "Pain Level (1-10) Used after NHL Follicular, Stage 3A Retuximab other treatment (2 day sessions) Completed 1 of 6 treatments. Day1: Auto Body Injector set catheter (1), Injection started 27hrs later for 45 min (0). Removed ABI module 15 min after "EMPTY" (6). Waves of bone pain the following day from hips and sternum (5). These hit for 2-5 seconds every 2 to 10 minutes. Next day same as previous but pain level down to (2). Next day minor annoyance, fully functional pain level from same places (1). Also on this day I felt the need to eat normally again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2016

For Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy "I had Nulasta 24 hrs after R-CHOP chemo for non Hodgkin's lymphoma Some bone pain occurred . Most discomfort in jaw and glands along both sides of throat. Even ear drums ached. Nothing so bad I could not tolerate it. Lasted only about 48 hrs at most. Annoying but worth the better blood counts"

Tito B October 22, 2015

For Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy "After three Nulasta shots, three weeks apart, each one caused basically the same side effects which was severe pain. After the second/third day, the pain started and it was the worst pain I have ever experienced in my lifetime. In the bones and muscles. I took Advil that seemed to take the edge off but didn't take it away. Tried tylenol and it was basically the same, not much help. The severe pain lasted for about five days. Even seven or eight days later, I still had serious pain in the bones but not as bad as the first five days."

JLD-ME October 10, 2015

For Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy "First chemo (cytoxin/taxotere) on Wednesday & Neulasta shot 24 hours after. Was very exhausted Friday mid day & by night time all hell broke loose. The bone pain was excruciating & debilitating. Luckily it was the weekend, but never left my bed, had to call out to work on Monday & only could work 1/2 day Tuesday. Its now 1 week later & the bone pain is still present in some areas, mainly my legs & feet making it hard to walk. I do not meet the Neulasta's website criteria for taking this drug. I am suggesting my oncologist find another way to help w/my white blood cell counts. Seriously will reconsider continuing chemo since at this stage it is only being given as an insurance policy since my double mastectomy removed the cancer."

TjoyG September 23, 2015