User Reviews for Rhofade

Rosacea
2.9

Summary of Rhofade reviews 2.8 64 reviews

Reviews for Rhofade

For Rosacea "I asked my derm for the prescription for rhofade, I used it for a few days and saw great results with redness but after a few days, I developed several large pustules. I stopped using it and things cleared up. I thought it could be a coincidence so I started using it again a few months later. Well, same thing. Not a coincidence. I have two huge pustules on my nose. That's it. Done. I'm glad I went online for the coupon to pay no more than $50 for the tube. $49.78 wasted but better than hundreds of dollars."

Lizzie (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2019

For Rosacea "Horrible. Was prescribed this by dermatologist for mild rosacea, without any warning about possible side effects. I used this in conjunction with Plexion daily wash. Used no other facial soaps at all. Only other skin regimen was to use the recommended neutral moisturizers. Within 5 days of using rhofade the redness had become much worse. Before treatment, I just had a smooth simple blush. After 5 days of this "medicine", my skin had become much more red, over much more area. Instead of smooth slight red, it's bright red and blotchy, with bumps and break-outs forming. Dry and rough and yet looks very shiny. Itching became so bad that I could not sleep (I did resist urge to scratch). I stopped the meds 2 days ago but the symptoms persist. With so many negative reports here, how did this medicine pass approval? The studies claim only very low (like 2%) have adverse reactions. What is the truth here? How long will it take to recover? Or is the damage permanent?"

Person66 March 17, 2019

For Rosacea "I had tried Mirvaso and had a terrible rebound redness. Worse than an rosacea attack. Plus it made me too pale. I have been using the Rhofade now for about three months almost every morning with a very mild amount of application. I have yet to experience a noticable rebound. The only additional redness I have is right after application from rubbing it on my face. I do not get rosacea bumps too often but, I did have a small cluster the other morning on my forehead which I thought was diminished rather quickly by the mornings application. I have been very satisfied with my results from using Rhofade."

Redfacedman (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 5, 2019

For Rosacea "Definitely reduces redness but with rebound redness that persists for multiple after stopping use. Both effectiveness and rebound are not quite as pronounces as with Mirvaso. There is no way trials showed no rebound. The FDA is failing us."

Bill (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2019

For Rosacea "I have mild rosacea with some stubborn redness, but nothing too upsetting. I have been doing IPL off and on to control the redness with great results. Recently for no reason, I can think of, my cheeks began to burn and turn bright red. I saw my dermatologist and got another round of IPL AND a sample of Rhofade put on my face before I left. Well that first day my skin looked almost normal before all the flaming redness popped up. BUT now my cheeks are back to flaming red and this is after getting IPL! I'm hoping the IPL will do its job and take care of the redness. I am taking a big pass on the Rhofade. I do not understand these extreme responses to this medication: many have really terrible experiences (like me) and some are praising Rhofade. Makes me wonder....anyway, a big NO on Rhofade!"

lynn (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2019

For Rosacea "Got a sample from my Derm. Used twice, and now my face is red, hot, inflamed, swollen, burning, etc... do not recommend."

Kelly (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2019

For Rosacea "Dr. Emily Goeller prescribed this cream for my very mild rosacea. I had slight redness but no bumps or pustules on my cheeks only. After one use of rhofade on one cheek only I had a flare up with pustules all over my face and my eyes burned. There are many bad reviews for this cream but that's typical for rosacea treatment. However, this cream is much worse than most other treatments. Almost everyone has a bad reaction and it takes months to heal. Compare rhofade reviews to azelaic acid reviews. Azelaic acid is much better. I recommend that you don't risk it."

Buttercup (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2019

For Rosacea "I had mild unexplained flushing (mostly evenings) but otherwise beautiful skin. At my derm’s recommendation I used this across my nose/cheeks for 6 weeks to curtail flushing. The first 3 weeks it did eliminate most flushing, however when I washed my face at night the area where I used the rhofade was getting redder and redder. Went to the derm who explained there could be a mild temporary ‘rebound’ after it wore off and it was safe for everyday use. This night time redness/burning got incredibly bad last week to the point I went online and found these reviews. I stopped using the product immediately and in the last 5 days have had PAINFUL redness, burning and swelling to the point of using ice packs at night and my husband thinking we should go to the ER. Please, if anyone has experienced this and knows how long it will last (days, weeks?) I would so appreciate a word of encouragement that this is temporary and gets better. Thanks for sharing any experiences."

M February 19, 2019

For Rosacea "Best cream I have ever used for the redness of rosacea"

Leeann (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 15, 2019

For Rosacea "I have mild rosacea and thought I could get it under control if I get a prescription from the dermatologist. I paid more than I should have for rhofade. I immediately experienced burning and the redness and swelling is so severe, worse than I’ve ever looked before! I’m so upset! I’ve obviously stopped using the product yet the irritation, redness and bumps have remained. I fear I’ve destroyed my skin permanently! How did this cream ever pass the testing phase and legally get distributed....I feel we are the victims and only wish I did my homework and saw these reviews before I ever tried this product! There needs to be a class action lawsuit"

Not happy (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2019

For Rosacea "I was told by my derm that this cream would help with my rosacea. It actually made it worse! I do not recommend using this product!"

Rosie (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2019

For Rosacea "DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT. I used it for a month religiously then all of a sudden my skin broke out. It was even worse than before. I’m worried it won’t get better. It seems like this happen to a lot of people. How long did it take to heal?"

Anonymous January 30, 2019

For Rosacea "I used Rhofade for my rosacea for 5 days. It seemed to be helping but my face started hurting like I was bruised all over. I started getting painful burning and swelling all over my face starting day 6. I haven't used it today being day 7 but my face is still bright red and swollen with bumps all over. I've never seen this much constant swelling and redness in my 10 years of menopause. This really hurts and I'm on vacation so don't know what to do. Even my eyes are burning."

Mrsgvern (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2019

For Rosacea "I would not recommend this medication to anyone. I suffer from mild rosacea and heard positive feedback from two physicians so decided to give it a shot. I applied the recommended “pea size” amount to my face yesterday at 9am. At about 9PM I washed my face and went to bed. I did not notice any reduction in my redness except for the first 4 hours. The rest of the day my face was like it always is. Today, about 18 hours later at about 5PM my entire face got very flushed, more so than it had ever done in the past. About an hour went by like this and now, two and a half hours post major flush situation only my right cheek is bright red and warm. I reported the adverse event to Allergan and am just praying this resolves on its own. I caution everyone to avoid Rhofade - I had this result from only ONE application."

Ricki January 16, 2019

For Rosacea "I have been on Rhofade for 3 weeks now and was very skeptical at first because of these reviews but I have to say it has worked great for me and brings my redness almost to normal. I use this in the morning and Soolantra before bed and that has worked for me. Really happy about this Product and glad I tried it."

Tink (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2018

For Rosacea "DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT!!!! I was prescribed Rhofade for mild rosacea and facial redness. I was very open minded and excited to try this product. After 4 days of use my face has broken out with pustules, severe inflammation, and is fire engine red. It is itchy and painful at the same time. Nothing seems to give me relief. Just in time for Christmas too. I am absolutely furious this product is on the market and being recommended."

PK (taken for less than 1 month) December 23, 2018

For Rosacea "I tried Rhofade for a few weeks and it didn't work at all. No change in redness and rebound flushing. I do not recommend. It doesn't work and it actually causes more redness. Had much better results with mirvaso but it's very expensive."

Yogi1234 (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2018

For Rosacea "I wish I'd read these reviews before using Rhofade. It seemed to help my symptoms for a few days, but then I started having intense, burning facial flushing daily (and still do, even though it's been months since then). Rhofade rebound is real and miserable."

Laura (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2018

For Rosacea "I have been using rhofade for 7 months for redness and flushing and I love it. I did not have any issues with bumps or anything. I did notice at first I had some small areas that would be a brighter red than the rest of my face when I did not use the cream. But I have been taking pictures of my face to compare and actually my face is way less red than usual even when I don’t use it. So the brighter red areas were actually the little areas that did not get lighter. I would not have realized this if I was not using pictures to track my skin. Now my skin on days I don’t use it is much less red. So I say over time this works to lessen the redness. But while it’s on your face it’s definitely not red at all for the whole day. Friday 6am applied before work still looking clear at 2am. The only bad side is the high cost of this cream. But it works very well for me I do not wear concealer or cover up at all I do use a light moisturizer 10 minutes prior to using rhofade. Not sure if that matters for bumps etc."

Crystal December 11, 2018

For Rosacea "Had mild rosacea, red but not always, never pimples. Derm prescribed Rhofade now I am covered in pimples, BRIGHT RED skin worse than ever before. In fact I have horrible skin that cannot be covered with make-up. This should be taken OFF THE MARKET!!! It has ruined my skin on my face. THIS IS AWEFUL!!! DO NOT DO NOT USE"

LRA (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2018

For Rosacea "Dr says this is the same as putting a 1/2 oz bottle of original afrin mixed with cerave 7 oz of am cerave cream shake well and apply a pea size amount to each affected area. Way cheaper"

ELAINE December 1, 2018

For Rosacea "This medicine is everything I have been looking for. I never thought that I would find a solution to my redness that comes when I’m hot, embarrassed, flustered, etc. THIS IS IT! I can’t say that enough. The first day I used it it was wonderful, then it was about a 2 week period of annoyance before it finally started to work properly. It’s been 7 months since the first time I put it on and every single day I can count on having a clear face that’s the color of my skin (even when I’m flustered, hot, embarrassed, etc) My only problem was redness; I didn’t have pimples so I can’t speak to that. If your problem is redness like mine- TRY THIS and stick with it."

Me12345 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 17, 2018

For Rosacea "I have rosacea and my face would always get severely red, bumps, feel like it was on fire and would have a stinging sensation. Rhofade, for me, has been a blessing. It is the only thing that completely takes away the redness and it works so fast. My dermatologist gave me samples and I was amazed by how wonderful this cream is. I’m saddened how many have bad side-effects or allergies to this because for me it was life changing and I can’t see myself without it. If I forget to put it on the redness does come back though. I really hope it isn’t expensive. I still have my samples and have been using for 2-3 months now."

LNS (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 24, 2018

For Rosacea "The first day I used it my skin looked better. The second day it started burning, itching, turning (tomato) red, swelling. I felt like bugs were crawling on my face. I would not recommend anyone to get this medication. My face looks worse then it ever did. If you are going to try it ask for a sample before you pay the high price it cost."

Smith (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2018

For Rosacea "Used it once. Within two days I had blisters on my nose. I stopped using tit until the wounds healed. I tried it again. More blisters that break open and bleed. They take weeks to heal."

TB (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2018