User Reviews for Rhofade to treat Rosacea

Rhofade Rating Summary

2.8/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 88 medications used in the treatment of Rosacea.

Reviews for Rhofade

"Horrible flare ups after I used this Rhofade product a few times. Flaming red and burning skin."

Buckeye (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2019

"Thank you to everyone who shared their experience of Rhofade. I just got a sample today and am not even going to gamble with using it for my very light rosacea that may actually just be caused by retinol cream. Not worth the risk!"

Indymommy (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2019

"My dermatologist prescribed Rhofade for me. After reading the reviews, I was afraid to try it but so far, it has worked well for me. If I get extremely hot, my face still turns red. I have had no breakouts so far. After the coupon I got expires, I will no longer be able to afford it though."

Cat (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 13, 2019

"DO NOT USE RHOFADE! I was switched to this from Mirvaso because my insurance would cover it. I needed a Rosacea medication for severe and persistent flushing. I used this ONCE and believe I may have permanent nerve damage. I applied a small amount to both cheeks and within hours experienced severe pain and tingling like a blow torch was on my face. I had tingling for weeks and a month later I feel like there is permanent sensation damage. This drug is HARMFUL! I reported it to Allergan and they are unconcerned and I can't even get my $50 co-pay back. If you need something for your cheeks try Mirvaso."

JB (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2019

"I am having the same issues that others had reported. I have mild redness from rosacea. When I first put on the Rhofade, my face gets much redder initially, but then fades. I have noticed I have pimples now. I think I’ll stop using Rhofade to see if the pimples go away. I didn’t really think of these being caused by the Rhofade until I read that others were seeing pimples after using it."

Andy (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2019

"I had mild redness and my dermatologist recommended I try Rhofade. I tried it for two months and noticed only a slight reduction in face redness but a large increase in red bumps that I never had before. The red bumps went away two weeks after stopping Rhofade."

Reddy (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2019

"This was prescribed to me by a Dr from Associates in Dermatology in Chesterfield Mo. I specifically asked her if it caused a rebound effect like mirvaso and she said no. Well now I know that it does. It's basically the same thing as Mirvaso but maybe worse. It's been several months and I'm still dealing with the rebound redness and burning."

BC (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2019

"PLEASE DO A SPOT TEST WITH THIS! DO NOT USE IT OVER YOUR ENTIRE FACE TO START! Absolutely TERRIBLE. I used it twice and had the most terrible rebound redness. Burning, stinging, itching, you name it! It turned my face so red that I almost turned purple/red. Thankfully, I only tested it on one tiny part of my face. The rash went away after I went to sleep so hopefully, it will stay that way."

bleep blorp (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2019

"I have mild rosacea and have not had bumps for about a year after I started using metro cream. I went to the dermatologist to see if I could get a cream that would help the redness go down. I used it once and saw a significant difference but as soon as I used it a second time the next day my face burned and I got red bumps! Do not use if your rosacea is mild and you don’t have any bumps! Horrible product :("

E March 28, 2019

"Dermatologist prescribed rhofade for mild rosacea, tried it for 3 days and couldn’t take it anymore. Burning, irritation and face is red in larger area than originally was. Terrible medication. Glad I didn’t have to pay for it. Don’t waste your money."

Petunia (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2019

"My rosacea is solely just persistent redness with flushing. I previously tried Mirvaso, which causes terrible blotchines and rebound redness. My Dermatologist prescribed Rhofade a few days ago. A few hours after application I began noticing paresthesia (tingling & pins/needles) in my cheeks. This is not a reported side effect. On day 3 my face had multiple acne like red bumps on my cheeks and forehead!!! I haven’t had acne this bad since puberty, and have never had acne on my cheeks. I skipped my dose this morning and had very slight rebound - nothing I was concerned about. I do like that it doesn’t really cause rebound, but I hate the tingling and new bumps. I’m going to use it every other day and see if my skin gets used to it. I think the cream makes my face noticeable less red and I have some reduced flushing. My normal skin routing includes hydro boost gel-cream extra dry skin, and the Rodan & Field smooth regimen."

TJ March 21, 2019

"I asked my derm for the prescription for rhofade, I used it for a few days and saw great results with redness but after a few days, I developed several large pustules. I stopped using it and things cleared up. I thought it could be a coincidence so I started using it again a few months later. Well, same thing. Not a coincidence. I have two huge pustules on my nose. That's it. Done. I'm glad I went online for the coupon to pay no more than $50 for the tube. $49.78 wasted but better than hundreds of dollars."

Lizzie (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2019

"Horrible. Was prescribed this by dermatologist for mild rosacea, without any warning about possible side effects. I used this in conjunction with Plexion daily wash. Used no other facial soaps at all. Only other skin regimen was to use the recommended neutral moisturizers. Within 5 days of using rhofade the redness had become much worse. Before treatment, I just had a smooth simple blush. After 5 days of this "medicine", my skin had become much more red, over much more area. Instead of smooth slight red, it's bright red and blotchy, with bumps and break-outs forming. Dry and rough and yet looks very shiny. Itching became so bad that I could not sleep (I did resist urge to scratch). I stopped the meds 2 days ago but the symptoms persist. With so many negative reports here, how did this medicine pass approval? The studies claim only very low (like 2%) have adverse reactions. What is the truth here? How long will it take to recover? Or is the damage permanent?"

Person66 March 17, 2019

"I had tried Mirvaso and had a terrible rebound redness. Worse than an rosacea attack. Plus it made me too pale. I have been using the Rhofade now for about three months almost every morning with a very mild amount of application. I have yet to experience a noticable rebound. The only additional redness I have is right after application from rubbing it on my face. I do not get rosacea bumps too often but, I did have a small cluster the other morning on my forehead which I thought was diminished rather quickly by the mornings application. I have been very satisfied with my results from using Rhofade."

Redfacedman (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 5, 2019

"Definitely reduces redness but with rebound redness that persists for multiple after stopping use. Both effectiveness and rebound are not quite as pronounces as with Mirvaso. There is no way trials showed no rebound. The FDA is failing us."

Bill (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2019

"I have mild rosacea with some stubborn redness, but nothing too upsetting. I have been doing IPL off and on to control the redness with great results. Recently for no reason, I can think of, my cheeks began to burn and turn bright red. I saw my dermatologist and got another round of IPL AND a sample of Rhofade put on my face before I left. Well that first day my skin looked almost normal before all the flaming redness popped up. BUT now my cheeks are back to flaming red and this is after getting IPL! I'm hoping the IPL will do its job and take care of the redness. I am taking a big pass on the Rhofade. I do not understand these extreme responses to this medication: many have really terrible experiences (like me) and some are praising Rhofade. Makes me wonder....anyway, a big NO on Rhofade!"

lynn (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2019

"Got a sample from my Derm. Used twice, and now my face is red, hot, inflamed, swollen, burning, etc... do not recommend."

Kelly (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2019

"Dr. Emily Goeller prescribed this cream for my very mild rosacea. I had slight redness but no bumps or pustules on my cheeks only. After one use of rhofade on one cheek only I had a flare up with pustules all over my face and my eyes burned. There are many bad reviews for this cream but that's typical for rosacea treatment. However, this cream is much worse than most other treatments. Almost everyone has a bad reaction and it takes months to heal. Compare rhofade reviews to azelaic acid reviews. Azelaic acid is much better. I recommend that you don't risk it."

Buttercup (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2019

"I had mild unexplained flushing (mostly evenings) but otherwise beautiful skin. At my derm’s recommendation I used this across my nose/cheeks for 6 weeks to curtail flushing. The first 3 weeks it did eliminate most flushing, however when I washed my face at night the area where I used the rhofade was getting redder and redder. Went to the derm who explained there could be a mild temporary ‘rebound’ after it wore off and it was safe for everyday use. This night time redness/burning got incredibly bad last week to the point I went online and found these reviews. I stopped using the product immediately and in the last 5 days have had PAINFUL redness, burning and swelling to the point of using ice packs at night and my husband thinking we should go to the ER. Please, if anyone has experienced this and knows how long it will last (days, weeks?) I would so appreciate a word of encouragement that this is temporary and gets better. Thanks for sharing any experiences."

M February 19, 2019

"Best cream I have ever used for the redness of rosacea"

Leeann (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 15, 2019

"I have mild rosacea and thought I could get it under control if I get a prescription from the dermatologist. I paid more than I should have for rhofade. I immediately experienced burning and the redness and swelling is so severe, worse than I’ve ever looked before! I’m so upset! I’ve obviously stopped using the product yet the irritation, redness and bumps have remained. I fear I’ve destroyed my skin permanently! How did this cream ever pass the testing phase and legally get distributed....I feel we are the victims and only wish I did my homework and saw these reviews before I ever tried this product! There needs to be a class action lawsuit"

Not happy (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2019

"I was told by my derm that this cream would help with my rosacea. It actually made it worse! I do not recommend using this product!"

Rosie (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2019

"DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT. I used it for a month religiously then all of a sudden my skin broke out. It was even worse than before. I’m worried it won’t get better. It seems like this happen to a lot of people. How long did it take to heal?"

Anonymous January 30, 2019

"I used Rhofade for my rosacea for 5 days. It seemed to be helping but my face started hurting like I was bruised all over. I started getting painful burning and swelling all over my face starting day 6. I haven't used it today being day 7 but my face is still bright red and swollen with bumps all over. I've never seen this much constant swelling and redness in my 10 years of menopause. This really hurts and I'm on vacation so don't know what to do. Even my eyes are burning."

Mrsgvern (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2019

"I would not recommend this medication to anyone. I suffer from mild rosacea and heard positive feedback from two physicians so decided to give it a shot. I applied the recommended “pea size” amount to my face yesterday at 9am. At about 9PM I washed my face and went to bed. I did not notice any reduction in my redness except for the first 4 hours. The rest of the day my face was like it always is. Today, about 18 hours later at about 5PM my entire face got very flushed, more so than it had ever done in the past. About an hour went by like this and now, two and a half hours post major flush situation only my right cheek is bright red and warm. I reported the adverse event to Allergan and am just praying this resolves on its own. I caution everyone to avoid Rhofade - I had this result from only ONE application."

Ricki January 16, 2019