User Reviews for Pamelor to treat Depression

Pamelor Rating Summary

4.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 191 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Pamelor

Nedrub · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 30, 2020

“I was 13 years when I started taking pamelor. My doctor and mother decided to put me on this medicine. I had a very bad experience with these pills. Whenever I had an episode They would up the dose, I started at 1-25mg tablet Every morning, within the year I was taking 5-25mg Tablet a day. Because of this I missed out on a lot of things. I was wondering around so much that I was getting lost, didn't know who I was, or where I was going, where I was supposed to be. I was just blah. Stuck in my thoughts and I hated every minute of it. But it was not my choice. I have nerve problem to this day, sometimes I get to shaking so bad that I drop anything in my hands, it's very hard to eat soup or drink coffee when I spill it all over myself. When I turned 18 it then was my choice, and I stopped taking them all together. A lot of my childhood was missed because of the pills, but on the flip side of it I didn't get beat for having an episode as much as I did when I wasn't taking them.”

Violet5401 · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 18, 2020

“I had been taking Trintellix for a couple years with success until eventually my anxiety/depression started to creep back. My doctor added 75 mg of nortriptyline every day and I swear I felt major relief in just 3 days. I have been on the Trintellix/Pamelor combo now for over a year. No side effects, and the Pamelor is cheap. As an added bonus, I have chronic hip pain due to bursitis and the pain has almost completely gone away. I am so thankful for this medicine, it has truly helped me.”

joshuab1984 · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2019

“Gave me bad indigestion and nightmares !!!”

Suzy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 4, 2018

“25 years ago. I took Pamelor for post partum depression. It worked for the depression but had to stop taking because my stools became hard as rocks & were difficult to pass. I have had irritable bowel syndrome since as a result. I also gained about 40 pounds & no matter how much I diet or exercise, I cannot lose the weight.”

Kay · Taken for less than 1 month July 5, 2018

“After taking pamelor for one week I had to stop. I had horrible nightmares that stopped after I stopped that medicine. I still shake thinking about the nightmares”

lildude · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 30, 2018

“Pamelor takes solid 2 month to start working. The best medication ever. Less than 1 dollar for pack of 100 tablets of 25mg where I live.”

theskysnotabove · Taken for less than 1 month January 8, 2017

“I was tried on this for major depression. After 2 weeks on 50mg per night, I couldn't handle it any more. I ended up going to the ER because my heart was racing. I was at 125/130 beats per min. I'd only been getting a few hours of sleep each night in those 2 weeks, and experienced the heart racing, brain short circuits, insomnia, anxiety, severe constipation, extreme thirst, and an overall feeling of disconnect from aliveness. As a teenager, I took Doxepin and Elavil too, and they were slightly better, but not much. These TCAs should be a last resort like Thorazine and Lithium. Seroquel is much better. Good luck to my fellow sufferers!”

Silvershadow · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 16, 2016

“Nortriplene isn't a very good medication for chronic headaches. My neurologist put me on 25mg 2 tabs at bedtime.it's suppose to make you sleeply,however it's quit the opposite, it keeps you awake and makes you very irritable.and you still have a headache,and causes weight gain. medication,especially”

DDDBBB · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 21, 2015

“I was switched from amitriptyline to nortriptyline and noticed an immediate improvement the following morning. I'm sold.”

RLZ September 13, 2014

“My neurologist prescribed Nortriptyline for Neuropathy. It did not help much for that condition.However, at the time I was suffering from severe depression due to having to place my husband in a nursing home. The medication did wonders for me and I have been a daily user since that time.”