User Reviews for Neratinib

Breast Cancer, Adjuvant
5.7

Reviews for Neratinib

Stormysue April 25, 2021

Nerlynx (neratinib) for Breast Cancer, Adjuvant: “I had stage 2 breast cancer her+ size 3cm in late 2017. After 6 chemos - 4 strong drugs reduced to 1cm, surgery, 6 weeks rad., I started Nerlynx. 6 pills a day for 12 months. It started out ok, little stomach ache but by the 3rd week I was in severe stomach pain, diarrhea daily. Imodium helped some but after 2 months., didn’t help. A stronger Imodium prescription ate up my stomach lining. I struggled through determined not to go through cancer again. Five months through I had to stop for 3 weeks before - 3 weeks after for open heart surgery at young age 65. Starting back on Nerlynx I convinced Dr to go from 6 to 5 pills a day. At the end of 11 months I had it. It was impossible to eat anything without losing it. My stomach and bowels were raw. I only survived this long because I took a teaspoon of baking soda in glass of water everyday. Lost a lot of weight. My Dr told me I was the longest lasting patient to try Nerlynx. I hope it was worth it. Now 2021 and still cancer free. Fingers crossed.”

Mona March 13, 2021

Nerlynx (neratinib) for Breast Cancer, Adjuvant: “I have been on it 10 days. I felt nothing for the first 3 days and got so constipated from the the immodium that was prescribed that I had to go on laxatives. I thought perhaps taking it with my morning smoothie (fortified with calcium) was interfering with it the pharmacist agreed and it was! As soon as I switched to taking it with lunch the diarrhea started that night. The next day it stopped so I stopped the immodium and was fine for three days. Then I had duck for dinner and I was so sick with diarrhea that night! For the past three days I have had no meat and no grease and have had no diarrhea. I am starting to believe it is influenced by what you eat. My fingers are crossed! Anyone else agree? Other than that I am fatigued and this depresses me.”

Annie · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 22, 2020

Nerlynx (neratinib) for Breast Cancer, Adjuvant: “I am 9 months into Nerlynx and it is very uneventful just as Herceptin and Prejeta infusions were. I am able to work, exercise daily and do everything that I love. I get diarrhea 0-2 times per month and it doesn't interfere with my life. I was also put into menopause and take Anastrozole with no issues. I would recommend trying it and giving it a chance. If it is not for you, you can stop. I wanted to do everything to reduce my recurrence rate and protect my brain.”

Pepasmommy · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 30, 2020

Nerlynx (neratinib) for Breast Cancer, Adjuvant: “I started this medicine 3 months ago and have had uncontrollable diarrhea. It starts about an hour after I take it. Anywhere from 10-12 bouts. I have also soiled myself about 10 times in my sleep. I'm on Colestipol, Lomotil and Immodium. They have even backed me down from 6 to 4 pills with no relief. I'm done with this medicine. I have no quality of life.”

Pepasmommy · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 16, 2020

Nerlynx (neratinib) for Breast Cancer, Adjuvant: “I'm coming up on the end of my 2nd month of Nerlynx. I am taking Lomotil 2 pills, 3 times daily Colestipol twice a day and Immodium up to 8 pills in 24 hours. I am still having up to 12 bouts of diarrhea a day. This is ridiculous that it's affecting my quality of life so much. I've even soiled myself twice in my sleep. I didn't have this much trouble while on chemotherapy. I'm not sure the possible 3% help is worth it.”

Anonymous September 3, 2019

Nerlynx (neratinib) for Breast Cancer, Adjuvant: “My oncolgist put me on nerlynx. I was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer in 2017. I had a reucurrance in july 218 when I found a huge lump on my neck. I started iv infusions with kadcyla every 3 weeks. The cancer went to my brain. I was disappointed to find out after the fact that kadcyla does not permeate to the brain! My oncologist was adament that I start nerlynx. He started me on 3 daily. I took it for one day.... Severe diarrhea, stomach pain, dizzy, fatigue, crying, angry.... I will never take this drug again! Let alone it causes severe liver damage and heart damage! I will continue cyberknife radiation.”

Mishy · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 18, 2018

Nerlynx (neratinib) for Breast Cancer, Adjuvant: “Was determined to continue with Nerlynx despite severe diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting and total loss of appetite. Most side effects stopped at the three month mark thankfully. Lost 10kg in that three months (needed to lose weight).”

Nanette · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 27, 2018

Nerlynx (neratinib) for Breast Cancer, Adjuvant: “Start In August 2018 at first don't have diarrhea but after 2 wks the diarrhea started 6 or 7 hrs after a dose. My dr prescribed loperamide and colestipol but the diarrhea still continues and my stomach aches and I have no appetite. After 4 weeks I see my oncologist take my BW and call me next day to stop treatment my liver was inflamed, I was not dehydrated cause I drink a lot fluids. I lost 3 lbs. I don't sleep during the night for the running to the bathroom all the time now. For some patients it is good but for me it is not. I choose quality of life now. I had chemo radiation and I know this therapy is for one year but I don't want damage my liver”

colly · Taken for less than 1 month January 21, 2020

Nerlynx (neratinib) for Breast Cancer, Adjuvant: “I took my first dose of Nerlynx today about 3 hours ago and am terrified as I read more and more about the horrors of this drug. My stomach is cramping but no bathroom yet. My onc has me taking 2 loperamides at a time three times per day. He is starting me off at 1, 40 mg tablet per day for the first week and is easing me into the full dose very slowly so maybe I will be okay? What is the dosing everyone is taking and are there any good stories out there from people able to complete the year protocol?”

Tinaspirits · Taken for less than 1 month July 15, 2018

Nerlynx (neratinib) for Breast Cancer, Adjuvant: “The jury is still out for me on this new adjuvant treatment. I finished Herceptin and Perjeta on June 28th and started Nerlynx July 7. The first 24 hours were manageable with diarrhea but we’ve been off to the races since then. 12-15 times a day in the restroom. I’m taking the prescription strength Imodium per the directions but I see many here take it every two hours. I’m calling the oncologist today to ask if I can take it that frequently because if not, I will have to stop taking Nerlynx. It is disrupting my life and the nausea and belching aren’t helping either.”

queen_k0302 February 2, 2018

Nerlynx (neratinib) for Breast Cancer, Adjuvant: “I have taken nerlynx (Neratinib) for 1 week. Today, the 7th day, I'm going back to the Imodium every 6 hrs. Within the first 8 hours my stomach was cramping, diarrhea and nauseous. After the 3 day of diarrhea more than 15 times a day, my oncologist increased the Imodium to every 2 hours. I'm still tired but have high hopes in continuing for the full 12 months.”

Queen K February 11, 2018

Nerlynx (neratinib) for Breast Cancer, Adjuvant: “☆♡PART 2 neratinib review♡☆ -(1/30/18 Tuesday) Finally made it to the Oncologist office with a more than sanitary gas station bathroom stop. My husband had to check me in as I run to the closest bathroom. After 2-3 varying knocks start. I had the receptionist escort me to a hidden one. The nurse had to ask me questions through the door. I was ok enough to have blood drown. The doctor was concerned about dehydration. I spent about 1 1/2 hours in the bathroom after about 10 minutes, I would get a break for about 7-9 minutes. - We were all in shock as I wasn't dehydrated! A lil malnutrition and almost 3 pound weight loss. -My oncologist started a new schedule of Loperamide. 2 capsules every 2 hours. -the first day was a little improvement. About 18 visit to what I started to call home (bathroom) (1/31/18 Wednesday) -(Thursday 2/1/18) Finally some relief. Down to about 12 a day with the new schedule of Loperamide. Still not comfortable leaving the house.”

delunatuna · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 10, 2019

For Breast Cancer, Adjuvant: “I started this drug neratinib in February of 2019. Of course I had the same issues with diarrhea like everyone and went on a strict course of three doses a day of two each Imodium. The first two months were terrible and I could not really find anything online to help. In the third to five months the diarrhea was almost gone and that was a blessing. July to now which is October 2019 the diarrhea has returned with a vengeance. My oncologist told me that most of his patients have stopped taking it. I am going to stick it out because I trust him and if this helps me then it will be worth it. I actually gained weight! I feel pretty lousy most every day like I have the flu and I get skitzed out that it might be more cancer because I do worry. I am nauseated a lot so I seem to eat more. I am tired of cleaning my toilets...that is for sure!”

Gem · Taken for less than 1 month September 29, 2019

For Breast Cancer, Adjuvant: “I've been on Nerlynx for 10 days, started by taking it along side the recommended budesonide and loperamide but got constipated, burning bloated stomach, shortness of breath, fatigue and insomnia and sever vomiting. Stopped taking the support tablets 3 days ago, minor improvements, no longer vomiting, but still not had bowels open! I may need help for constipation while on Nerlynx!”

AFH · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 11, 2020

For Breast Cancer, Adjuvant: “Started Neratinib November 2019, 11 months after finishing herceptin (just made it into the criteria for Neratinib when approved by NICE in UK) Started on 3 x day loperamide but after first week very constipated so stopped loperamide resulting in severe diarrhoea. Took about 10 days to establish correct levels of loperamide for me. Just completed month 5 of Neratinib and now take just 2 loperamide in the morning and have very infrequent diarrhoea. Have tried to stop the loperamide completely but it’s not been successful! For me, Neratinib has been ok and diarrhoea not a problem. Guess I’m one of the lucky ones. Really hoping to get to the 12 month mark.”

Queen K · Taken for less than 1 month February 11, 2018

Nerlynx (neratinib) for Breast Cancer, Adjuvant: “(2/11/18 Sunday), I'm still on the 2 every 2 hours and becoming more ecstatically distant from the bosses place. With an average of 4-6 times blessing my presences of the thinking room(bathroom) -in 2-3days I will try to cut back on the Loperamide to,two capsules every 4hrs.In my opinion: Chemo, radiation and surgery on your breast are hard.The diarrhea can be managed.Just don't do like me and not want to bother the oncologist on the weekend.I got lucky and wasn't dehydrated.Make sure to seek help if you are frequenting the stink room more than your doctor says.Good luck!I will continue and finish the many base coats of polish called breast cancer until I finish with my high shine gel top coat,to lock it up and continue defying life while being pretty.☆”

Queen K February 11, 2018

For Breast Cancer, Adjuvant: “♡☆PART ONE☆♡ I started neratinib (nerlynx), 1/26/18 (Friday). -About 8 hrs after taking my first dose of neratinib (six 40 mg tablets) with loperamide (two 2 mg capsules) I had a headache and stomach ache. -About 10 hrs after my first dose, I made my first visit with my arch nemesis (the toilet/comode/potty) -I continued as instructed to take two capsules of Loperamide three times daily. -By the time I took my second dose(1/27/18 Saturday), I had become the vulnerable one to my arch nemesis with at least 15 encounters. -Now the arch nemesis and I are becoming friends as I am visiting 20-25 times a day with 7-8 timed visites. I had also vomited about 6 times as well(1/28/18 Sunday) -With no sleep, vomiting 5 times and over 25 mini vacations to the bathroom. My body couldn't take anymore show downs. I made an appointment with my oncologist for the next day (1/29/18 Monday) still continuing to take the Loperamide as directed.”

Queen K · Taken for less than 1 month February 11, 2018

For Breast Cancer, Adjuvant: “-(Friday 2/2/18, my birthday) down to about 9-10 run ends with the porcelain throne. Still uneasy about leaving home. -(2/3/18 Saturday) the husband decided to surprise me with one thing after another. All away from home. In about 7 hours I only had 3 encounters with what is now my office chair. ”