How long do you take Nerlynx for?
Medically reviewed by Carmen Fookes, BPharm. Last updated on Aug 23, 2020.
Nerlynx is taken for up to a year when it is used to treat early-stage HER2-positive breast cancer, unless unacceptable toxicity or disease progression occurs. When Nerlynx is given to treat advanced-stage or metastatic HER2-positive breast cancer, it is taken for as long as you are getting benefits from the drug (for example your cancer has not got worse while you are taking Nerlynx) and you are tolerating it okay with no unacceptable side effects.
Nerlynx (neratinib) is a targeted treatment that is taken by mouth to treat early-stage, advanced, or metastatic HER-2 positive breast cancer. The recommended dose of Nerlynx is 240 mg (6 tablets) once per day with food.
For early-stage Her-2 positive breast cancer, it is given once a day, every day for up to one year unless your breast cancer recurs. For advanced or metastatic breast cancer it is given every day of a 21-day cycle (with capecitabine [Xeloda] given on days 1-14 of the cycle) for as long as you are getting benefits from the medicines and aren’t having troubling side effects.
If you experience toxicity with Nerlynx (such as excessive diarrhea or liver toxicity) you dose may be temporarily stopped until you recover and then restarted at a lower dose, or Nerlynx may be discontinued completely if the toxicity is too severe.
- Nerlynx Breastcancer.org 2020 https://www.breastcancer.org/treatment/targeted_therapies/nerlynx#:~:text=Nerlynx%20is%20a%20pill%20taken,take%20Nerlynx%20for%201%20year
- Nerlynx (neratinib)https://www.drugs.com/pro/nerlynx.html
- Nerlynx (neratinib) Nerlynx.com https://nerlynx.com/
Related Medical Questions
- What’s the difference between tucatinib and neratinib?
- When does diarrhea start when taking Nerlynx?
- Can you drink alcohol with Nerlynx?
- Does Nerlynx cause hair loss?
- Is Nerlynx (neratinib) a chemo drug?
- How does Nerlynx (neratinib) work?
- How do you take Nerlynx?