Does Nerlynx cause hair loss?
Medically reviewed by Carmen Fookes, BPharm. Last updated on Aug 24, 2020.
Hair loss has not been reported as a side effect of Nerlynx. Hair loss is also not an anticipated side effect of Nerlynx because of the targeted way that it works, so if hair loss were to occur, it is probably due to other causes.
The most common side effect of Nerlynx (neratinib) is diarrhea. Other side effects that may be reported include:
- Dry mouth
- Increased heart rate
- Rapid breathing
- Sunken eyes
- Unusual tiredness or weakness
- Wrinkled skin.
Some of these side effects may be caused by dehydration due to diarrhea.
For more information, see Nerlynx side effects.
- Singh H, Walker A, Amiri-Kordestani L, et al. U.S. Food and Drug Administration Approval: Neratinib for the Extended Adjuvant Treatment of Early Stage HER2-Positive Breast Cancer 2018. https://clincancerres.aacrjournals.org/content/clincanres/early/2018/03/09/1078-0432.CCR-17-3628.full.pdf
- Nerlynx (neratinib) https://www.drugs.com/pro/nerlynx.html
- Nerlynx (neratinib) Nerlynx.com https://nerlynx.com
Related Medical Questions
- What’s the difference between tucatinib and neratinib?
- When does diarrhea start when taking Nerlynx?
- Can you drink alcohol with Nerlynx?
- Is Nerlynx (neratinib) a chemo drug?
- How long do you take Nerlynx for?
- How does Nerlynx (neratinib) work?
- How do you take Nerlynx?