User Reviews for Ilevro to treat Postoperative Ocular Inflammation

Ilevro has an average rating of 5.6 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Postoperative Ocular Inflammation. 38% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 50% reported a negative effect.

Ilevro Rating Summary

5.6/10 average rating

Compare all 35 medications used in the treatment of Postoperative Ocular Inflammation.

Reviews for Ilevro

Dc · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 28, 2018

“I am using the 0.3% .8ml bottle which should have 15 or more drops. On my 3rd bottle and I can't squeeze more than 7 drops out if each bottle....even with a set of pliers. Who else has this issue. At $308.99 per bottle that's over $45.00 a drop.”

BMR777 May 4, 2016

“My doctor prescribed Ilevro for me for my inflamed, dry eyes. The first day or two I took this it seemed to work, but then my eyes started to get even more dry and inflamed. One of the possible side effects is dry eye. I also started to see flashes of light in my eyes and thought I was having a retinal detachment. Vitreous detachment is one of the possible side effects of this medicine, which can lead to a retinal detachment.”

Juju B July 20, 2019

“I’m post cataract surgery 3 days. I’m on 3 different types of eye drops. One is an antibiotic, and two are anti-inflammatories. Ilevro was the most expensive. I’m to instil 1 drop per day for 5 weeks. That’s 35 drops I’m to get out of this 1.7 mL bottle. I paid $136.23 with insurance. The bottle hardly made a sound when I shook it. My doctor instilled the first drop, and yesterday I don’t even know if I even got a full drop. I went to the pharmacy yesterday, but it was too late to get a hold of the manufacturer. I called them this morning. I got another bottle, which is a good thing, since I had to ring out the bottle to get the drop this morning. I have no idea if I will be able to get another drop out of that bottle tomorrow, but I at least have a 2nd bottle. I am just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue with Lot #302409F, which expires July 2020? Unfortunately this new bottle is from the same lot. It too barely makes a sound when you shake it. Was this an error in the production?”

perigrin88 · Taken for less than 1 month January 13, 2020

“They must have bad manufacturing QC. I have the same problem as Juju B. My surgeon instructed me to use Ilevro for 3 days before surgery (cataract + vitrectomy), but I only got 2 drops out of the bottle. Cost $358. Lot number ending in 302410F. It's Sunday evening, so I can't get a substitute, and surgery is tomorrow morning...so I had to spend ANOTHER $358 to get another bottle (looks like the same lot as JuJu B - 302409F) just to get the third drop in this evening. And this bottle also appears to be practically empty right when I open the protective packaging. And I haven't even had the surgery yet! Manufacturing QC needs serious attention. I will request something else to use after tomorrow's surgery.”

Molly · Taken for less than 1 month November 12, 2020

“Ilevro was prescribed for pre and post-op cataract surgery. The manufacturer should look at the design of the bottle and the amount of fluid is only sufficient for 3 to 4 drops. Very hard to squeeze a drop out.”

Halekoka · Taken for less than 1 month September 5, 2017

“ The drop feels like it's gluing my top lid to my eye. It's relieved with tears a few minutes later. My vision with my new intraocular implant varies from clear to blurry. I have had nausea which required medication from my pharmacist. And, I have dizziness which I first thought was a mild ear infection that caused vertigo until I learned that Ilevro can cause dizziness. I wish there was an alternative medication - I have to use Ilevro for two months and I'm only starting week two.”

Fair Elaine · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 6, 2018

“Honestly, it doesn’t feel any different from regular eye drops. On them for one week so far and no problems. My surgical eye is doing well. Next week I have my other eye done. I will be on them one month each for each eye.”

Ron · Taken for less than 1 month November 29, 2019

“Do any one of you, geniuses at Novartis who developed the eye drop Ilevro small container tried to use it? Just squeeze it. Impossible! What's your excuse?”

4 day user · Taken for less than 1 month December 23, 2015

“Side effects were - dramatic chest pains, elevated BP ( 225/95), felt like terrible gas discomfort, difficult breathing.”

Mike S. · Taken for less than 1 month June 28, 2016

“My eyes felt better FAST. My pain went away quickly after my surgery.”