User Reviews for Ilevro

Ilevro has an average rating of 6.0 out of 10 from a total of 12 ratings on Drugs.com. 44% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 44% reported a negative effect.

Postoperative Ocular Inflammation
5.6
Postoperative Increased Intraocular Pressure
Summary of Ilevro reviews 6.0 12 reviews

Reviews may be moderated to correct grammar/spelling or remove inappropriate language. Reviews that appear to be created by parties with a vested interest in the medication will not be published.

Reviews for Ilevro

Dc · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 28, 2018

For Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “I am using the 0.3% .8ml bottle which should have 15 or more drops. On my 3rd bottle and I can't squeeze more than 7 drops out if each bottle....even with a set of pliers. Who else has this issue. At $308.99 per bottle that's over $45.00 a drop.”

BMR777 May 4, 2016

For Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “My doctor prescribed Ilevro for me for my inflamed, dry eyes. The first day or two I took this it seemed to work, but then my eyes started to get even more dry and inflamed. One of the possible side effects is dry eye. I also started to see flashes of light in my eyes and thought I was having a retinal detachment. Vitreous detachment is one of the possible side effects of this medicine, which can lead to a retinal detachment.”

Juju B July 20, 2019

For Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “I’m post cataract surgery 3 days. I’m on 3 different types of eye drops. One is an antibiotic, and two are anti-inflammatories. Ilevro was the most expensive. I’m to instil 1 drop per day for 5 weeks. That’s 35 drops I’m to get out of this 1.7 mL bottle. I paid $136.23 with insurance. The bottle hardly made a sound when I shook it. My doctor instilled the first drop, and yesterday I don’t even know if I even got a full drop. I went to the pharmacy yesterday, but it was too late to get a hold of the manufacturer. I called them this morning. I got another bottle, which is a good thing, since I had to ring out the bottle to get the drop this morning. I have no idea if I will be able to get another drop out of that bottle tomorrow, but I at least have a 2nd bottle. I am just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue with Lot #302409F, which expires July 2020? Unfortunately this new bottle is from the same lot. It too barely makes a sound when you shake it. Was this an error in the production?”

perigrin88 · Taken for less than 1 month January 13, 2020

For Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “They must have bad manufacturing QC. I have the same problem as Juju B. My surgeon instructed me to use Ilevro for 3 days before surgery (cataract + vitrectomy), but I only got 2 drops out of the bottle. Cost $358. Lot number ending in 302410F. It's Sunday evening, so I can't get a substitute, and surgery is tomorrow morning...so I had to spend ANOTHER $358 to get another bottle (looks like the same lot as JuJu B - 302409F) just to get the third drop in this evening. And this bottle also appears to be practically empty right when I open the protective packaging. And I haven't even had the surgery yet! Manufacturing QC needs serious attention. I will request something else to use after tomorrow's surgery.”

Halekoka · Taken for less than 1 month September 5, 2017

For Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “ The drop feels like it's gluing my top lid to my eye. It's relieved with tears a few minutes later. My vision with my new intraocular implant varies from clear to blurry. I have had nausea which required medication from my pharmacist. And, I have dizziness which I first thought was a mild ear infection that caused vertigo until I learned that Ilevro can cause dizziness. I wish there was an alternative medication - I have to use Ilevro for two months and I'm only starting week two.”

BobNativeNY · Taken for less than 1 month June 16, 2018

For Postoperative Increased Intraocular Pressure: “Thrilled with my eyesight. The medicine stings for a few minutes. Yesterday was 11 days after cataract surgery. I experienced a feeling of pressure then a film in the corner of the eye like wavy film in the eye and I was concerned. But it disappeared after 15 minutes. But I was scared that something bad had occurred but I was fine.”

Molly · Taken for less than 1 month November 12, 2020

For Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “Ilevro was prescribed for pre and post-op cataract surgery. The manufacturer should look at the design of the bottle and the amount of fluid is only sufficient for 3 to 4 drops. Very hard to squeeze a drop out.”

Fair Elaine · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 6, 2018

For Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “Honestly, it doesn’t feel any different from regular eye drops. On them for one week so far and no problems. My surgical eye is doing well. Next week I have my other eye done. I will be on them one month each for each eye.”

Ron · Taken for less than 1 month November 29, 2019

For Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “Do any one of you, geniuses at Novartis who developed the eye drop Ilevro small container tried to use it? Just squeeze it. Impossible! What's your excuse?”

4 day user · Taken for less than 1 month December 23, 2015

For Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “Side effects were - dramatic chest pains, elevated BP ( 225/95), felt like terrible gas discomfort, difficult breathing.”

Paytheline · Taken for less than 1 month December 27, 2015

For Postoperative Increased Intraocular Pressure: “Painless, no side effects, assume it is doing its thing.”

Mike S. · Taken for less than 1 month June 28, 2016

For Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “My eyes felt better FAST. My pain went away quickly after my surgery.”