User Reviews for Nature's Bounty Hair Skin & Nails to treat Dietary Supplementation

Nature's Bounty Hair Skin & Nails has an average rating of 1.7 out of 10 from a total of 70 ratings for the treatment of Dietary Supplementation. 3% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 91% reported a negative effect.

Nature's Bounty Hair Skin & Nails Rating Summary

1.7/10 average rating

Compare all 215 medications used in the treatment of Dietary Supplementation.

Reviews for Nature's Bounty Hair Skin & Nails

Butterflygirl · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 21, 2021

“Like everyone, wish I had seen this before being on 3 pills per day for about 8 months. I too developed little bumps just here and there. Over the months and too much itching, I am covered with sores. The Dermatologist put me on an antibiotic and creams to use. BUT, they just won't go away. The Dr is going to biopsy on my next apps. Found 7 new bumps on my leg just this morning. I'll stop taking the pills as of today, July 21st and update if things change. Anyone else experience weight gain?”

Marie · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 1, 2021

“Good thing I've read comments from this site, now I'm relieved. I started using Bounty for hair, skin and nails a week ago. My skin was fine before taking it but some rash and itchiness developed since day two of taking the pills. I think I have to stop it now since I'm scared of the possible things that may happen to me. Being cautious on the drugs or pills to be ingested should be considered in buying this kind of product. Most people commented a serious problem on their end while taking this drug so I guess Bounty should make a recall on their products. I am not buying any Bounty products anymore. It's traumatizing since I can recall that this is the cause of my allergies as well back in February. I've learned my lesson.”

Reg2323 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 20, 2021

“I started taking natures bounty hair, skin & nails extra strength 5000mcg softgels on April 24th 2021 everyday except for a couples days I forgot. I stopped taking them June 19th 2021 I didn’t change anything about my eating or my exercise habits. I drink more than enough water. I’ve had constant extreme bloat for the last couple weeks & gained some fat on my stomach area I have never had before until I took these pills. My hair seems slightly thicker, but that can be from me just taking better care of my hair since I started the pills in general. I will never take these pills again & wont recommend them either.”

Verified purchase · Taken for less than 1 month December 20, 2020

“I bought this to help with exactly what it says...hair, skin & nails. I had no issues the first few days but a rash slowly came on the sides of my neck, then chin, eyes next and now all over neck, face and both arms. I’ve taken Benadryl for three days, completely stopped the vitamins & applied hydrocortisone to no avail. The rash isn’t budging, it just keeps spreading and itching. Please DO NOT take this. It’s not worth the risk!! I wish I could see follow ups from other users so that I can at least have an idea of how long this is going to last??!!!”

Goldwin June 12, 2021

“I took gummies for a few months. Wrote review on 4/7/21. Have had terrible rash since taking. When I take hot shower, rash comes out...when in the sun, rash comes out! ALL OVER BODY RASH! Went to doctor. He researched vitamin. He explained that biotin is water soluble so what your body doesn't need you will pee out, other ingredients are fat soluble which means that it sticks to your cells. He put me on daily zyrtec which helps with itching, however a month later still the same. How long does it take for this stuff to get out of your system. Guess I will be making another appointment. Ruining my whole summer!”

0511 · Taken for less than 1 month April 23, 2020

“I began taking this product on 4/17/20 (2 gummies a day). I was in the ER by the 19th. I resumed taking the gummies on the 22nd and after yet another episode I sent an email to consumer affairs about this poison. If you look on sites like Amazon or Walmart the reviews are terrific. Drugs.com was the only reliable review source and I wish I would’ve found this site prior to my purchase. Symptoms started with skin irritation, insomnia, bloating, diarrhea, and a metallic taste in my mouth. Symptoms graduated to my entire face inflamed with hives, severe facial and neck swelling, dizziness, sudden drop in blood pressure, rapid heartbeat, and frozen fingertips that graduated to my entire body trembling and headaches. I felt like I was on the verge of a heart attack. I’m healing now from the episode I had yesterday. I’m still not feeling too well and I just pray that I can flush my system of this rubbish soon. I want NB held accountable for this toxin they’re selling!”

Stefany82 · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 29, 2020

“Let me start off by saying that reading these comments has been a revelation of sorts. I, like many, suffered from severe rashes when taking these vitamins. However, because I was on other medications it was difficult to figure out what the cause of the rashes was. After taking 2 vitamins nightly for roughly one month the rashes became unbearable and I visited a dermatologist. Long story short, I was on a regimen of antihistamines but the rash persisted. Following 2 skin biopsies and hundreds of dollars in copays, the dermatologist found that the rash was hives from something I was ingesting. I literally had to stop everything and go through exclusion of vitamins, medications, foods, etc. Nearly a year later I attempted to reintroduce these vitamins and lo and behold I am covered in a rash. Nature’s Bounty should pull these vitamins and hope they don’t get hit with a lawsuit.”

Jeri May 26, 2020

“Do not take Nature's Bounty Hair Skin and Nails!! I developed a bad rash and I believe an enlarged lymph node after starting this supplement about a month ago. I feel itchy all of the time all over my body. Just came to the realization tonight that the supplement is the cause for my condition. Definitely not taking any more of this supplement!!!”

Alice · Taken for less than 1 month November 18, 2019

“I had been taking generic gummy supplements for hair, skin, and nails for 5 months and did notice a difference in my hair and nails. When I ran out of gummies I decided to try Nature's Bounty extra strength hair, skin, and nails pills. After taking one pill a day for 3 days I began breaking out in hives on my arms and behind my ears. I continued taking the pills for 3 more days thinking they weren't the cause. Once I stopped taking them I still had hives and severe itching. Neither over-the-counter antihistamines or hydrocortisone helped alleviate the symptoms. Since the rash continued for days after I stopped taking the supplement I tried it again thinking it couldn't have been it. Sure enough, that night I was waking up just to itch my arms. I never took these supplements again, but it is day 3 after the last pill I took and the hives and itching continue.”

JayBird · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 8, 2021

“I am a 37 year old male construction worker and I have been using Nature's Bounty gummies for my hair, skin and nails for over two years now. About three weeks after my first dose, I noticed my thumb nails were like freaking daggers... I was accidentally cutting my thighs and forehead just getting dressed! My hair is also about 26 inches long, strong and shiny blonde. In construction, I use my hands all day. I use my nails to pry and scrape and even my thumb nail as a screwdriver. I love these gummies, I really believe they work great for me. I have never experienced any itching or rashes. I get headaches, but I've also got a slew of medical issues and I am on pain meds from pain management. I may get the occasional constipation, but I get that from my meds too. In closing, I stand by Nature's Bounty Hair, skin and nails as a great product that works very well for me.”

PMB · Taken for less than 1 month August 21, 2019

“After about 4 days I developed an itchy rash around my mouth and on my eyelids. I never thought a hair,skin and nails vitamin would do something like this so I unfortunately continued to take it. Fast forward another 3 days and I felt like I could claw my eyelids and mouth area. These areas are now also slightly inflamed. I decided to google reviews and what do you know? Seems like this is a common reaction I personally believe these should be pulled from the market. I’m just hoping after a good detox my skin goes back to normal. I’m documenting with pictures just in case I need to pursue this further and I’d suggest others do the same. I’d really like to hear from others who’ve had a similar experience if when you stopped taking this your healthy skin returned. I’m very worried I’ve permanently done damage.”

HajiPie · Taken for less than 1 month May 23, 2020

“I used this product for roughly 3 weeks. Within the first few days of taking the gummies, I noticed my earring holes in my ears filled up with pus to the point I could push on it and it would ooze. Also was feeling nauseated daily. I stupidly didn't connect these incidents with the gummies so continued for a couple more weeks. Began getting cystic pimples along my jawline, nose bridge, zits and bumps on my scalp, my gas and feces smelled horrendous ”

Rhetta · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 24, 2020

“Head started itching like crazy after 3 1/2 weeks of using product as directed. Had my family check my head for vermin, and any other scalp conditions and they saw nothing. I was absolutely going insane. Kept trying to figure out what if anything had changed in my normal routine: medication’s, hair products etc. etc. and nothing had until I remembered I had started this supplement 3 1/2 weeks prior and did a search on side effects. I’ve discontinued product”

Elle · Taken for less than 1 month May 13, 2019

“I saw that this product was on sale at my local grocery store and I bought it because I wanted my hair and skin get healthy. The bottle said to take 3 pills a day for adults. I chose to take only 2 as I thought that 3 pills were excessive. After the first day, I noticed small bumps on my arms, very itchy bumps. For 4 days, I've been taking this supplement, and the itchy bumps kept increasing all over my arms. I stopped taking it after the 5th day. I'm going to let my body detox this product out of my system because I never break out in any form of hives and such. Worst supplement ever. Should be removed out of the shelves if so many people are experiencing the same symptoms.”

guestreview · Taken for less than 1 month May 15, 2021

“I have been experiencing what feels like cuts and rashes on my face, itchy scalp and skin at night, tight headaches, and itchiness around my lips and eyes. These "vitamins" need to be taken off the shelves immediately. I couldn't figure out what was happening, I figured it was a reaction to an old foundation but realized these supplements had been something new in my routine. I will no longer be taking these & have been using Neosporin to help with the rashes. Just wash them with q tips and apply the ointment on like 3 times a day. It helps.”

Amira May 13, 2021

“I was taking Nature Bounty Hair Skin And Nails supplements for few months. My arms started to itch a lot and my skin got very flaky and rough. I was associating it to allergic reaction to something but it just never went away. I got extremely worried. Reading these reviews now I realized that these supplements are connected somehow. I stopped taking them in November but the itch and skin condition have not improved yet (It’s May now). I always had soft and healthy looking skin. Now I look like I have permanent damage.”

Mo · Taken for less than 1 month April 17, 2020

“Everything I have had since I started taking these has made since! It started with a yeast infection or what I thought was. Then blood in urine!! I took antibiotics prescribed by my doctor didn’t take the vitamins but took them after the antibiotics were done and blood in urine again! Two others have indicated they had the same reaction! I also have a feeling of a sore and swelling throat! Def gotta report this!”

Remm · Taken for less than 1 month January 14, 2021

“A week into taking these vitamins I actually thought I had lice as I have a severe itch on the back of my neck and hairline and the back of my ears. Stopped a day ago and waiting for the itch to go away.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month January 14, 2021

“After about a week of taking this product my scalp got really itchy it feels like it's on fire and I have a rash on my face and arms. I'm itchy all over I hope this goes away soon. I took the pill form of these before and was fine so it must be something in the gummies.”

Winkcc · Taken for less than 1 month June 24, 2019

“My daughter first bought this product and it worked fine for her so I decided to try it too. I too took 2 gummy pills and 10 minutes later I felt like I had no energy at all. I thought my heart beat was slowing down and it really scared me. So my daughter said "no mom it can't be the gummies", so the next day I tried it again and the same thing happened again. It was like my body didn't have any energy at all, I started to call the ambulance but then it went away after 6 minutes. Never use this product again!!!”

Sunny · Taken for less than 1 month August 31, 2019

“I used this product for a week. Didn't take the 3 pills recommended because it seemed like a lot. Took one a day. I started to itch everywhere and have a rash. It has caused me to have dermagraphism. I have to take Zyrtec everyday now because if I don't I will be itching from head to toe have a rash and when I scratch I will welt up. Zyrtec keeps me from itching and the rash happening. It also keeps me from welting up bad when I scratch. When something touches my skin it still leave a red mark but at least I don't itch, have the rash, and welt up. If I could rewind time I would and never have taken this product. I wish they would take it off the market.”

Wellness lady · Taken for less than 1 month December 27, 2019

“Started taking nature’s bounty Women’s multi vitamins gummies Dec 9th 2019 and shortly after started experiencing intense itching of the scalp & Skin.this was not happening prior to the vitamins and it took a while to make the connection, I forget to take them everyday so the days of and after I take the gummies from head to toe there was intense crawling and itching sensation. Glad I decided to see if anyone else was having the same symptoms. Sending bottle back to amazon.”

Allenaf · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2020

“I like many have broken out in a severe, painful rash all over my arms. It is so painful and nothing helps relieve the pain and itchiness. I only took them for a week. My skin seemed to get worse and the rash is terrible.”

Sue · Taken for less than 1 month September 13, 2019

“This gave me horrible vertigo, to the point of nearly missing the couch when I went to sit down, I couldn't walk or even look at anything, and then I started to throw up really bad. I also started to have chest tightness which I did not have prior to taking this. I never had this happen before so it had to be from this because it happened on day 2 of taking it.”

Reenie · Taken for less than 1 month November 13, 2019

“I started taking these Nature's Bounty Hair, skin and nails two weeks ago. It was not until today that I made the connection my constant itching and vertigo are caused by these vitamins. I just threw the entire bottle away. The itching is driving me crazy.”

Maddiejayne February 28, 2021

“DO NOT BUY THIS. I have been using for a couple days and everyday I’ve taken this I’ve woken up with massive cystic pimples. I’ve never had this issue. This product does the exact opposite of what it claims.”

Puppy · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 21, 2020

“I was super slow at figuring out how bad these were affecting me. I started these 3 months ago after my mother-in-law said she took the gummy ones. The store only had these ones not that I would ever take the others after my experience. I was insanely itchy at the beginning and had headaches everyday for two weeks but thought it must have been something else. I stopped taking them after I forgot. Then a month later I remembered them. Symptoms came back not so itchy not always a headache but I developed a sore throat and mild nausea. I thought oh no I got COVID. Had a negative test. Bullet dodged. Then the yeast infection came on. Could not kick it. My doctor prescribed me meds and I had stopped taking the supplement at that time. Then once again I remembered I had these horrible things! Developed a sore throat and a yeast infection within 3 days and it all clicked finally. Stay away from these things. Not sure what other damage I did to my body...”

Emme Tracy January 29, 2017

“This is effective, but be VERY WARY of side effects. I had an incredibly severe reaction. I was born with asthma but it became very mild after age 8. For over a year I was on a similar vitamin before switching over to this one. After the first day, I noticed my nails were growing whiter and stronger. However I looked like I had a sudden break out. They were hives. 2-3 days, I was bedridden with asthma, flu-like symptoms, severe rash, vomiting. At 5-7 days, my throat swelled shut and I was in the E.R. 7 days ago, I was put on prednisone and stopped taking this vitamin. I know it was a reaction because I took the vitamin today and ended up in anaphylactic shock, back in the E.R. I have never been so incapacitated and ill. Be careful.”

More about Nature's Bounty Hair Skin & Nails (multivitamin)

Other brands