Generic Name: vitamin a/vitamin d/vitamin c (VYE-ta-min A/VYE-ta-min D/VYE-ta-min C)
Brand Name: Examples include Tri-Vitaminand Tri-Vi-Sol
Tri-Vi-Sol is used for:
Treating vitamin deficiency in infants.
Tri-Vi-Sol is a vitamin combination. It works by providing vitamin A, D, and C to the body.
Do NOT use Tri-Vi-Sol if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Tri-Vi-Sol
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Tri-Vi-Sol:
Some medical conditions may interact with Tri-Vi-Sol. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Tri-Vi-Sol. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Acitretin because it may increase the risk of Tri-Vi-Sol's side effects
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Tri-Vi-Sol may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Tri-Vi-Sol:
Use Tri-Vi-Sol as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Tri-Vi-Sol by mouth with or without food. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritation.
- Tri-Vi-Sol may be mixed with formula, fruit juice, cereal, or other food.
- Shake well before each use.
- Use the dropper that comes with Tri-Vi-Sol to measure your dose. Ask your pharmacist for help if you are unsure of how to measure your dose.
- If you miss a dose of Tri-Vi-Sol, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Tri-Vi-Sol.
Important safety information:
- Do not take more than the recommended dose or use for longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor.
- Tri-Vi-Sol should be used with extreme caution in CHILDREN younger than 6 months old; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: Tri-Vi-Sol is not approved for use in adults. If you become pregnant while taking Tri-Vi-Sol, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Tri-Vi-Sol while you are pregnant. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Tri-Vi-Sol, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Tri-Vi-Sol:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. No COMMON side effects have been reported with Tri-Vi-Sol. Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue).
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Tri-Vi-Sol:
Store Tri-Vi-Sol at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store in original packaging until just before use. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Keep Tri-Vi-Sol out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Tri-Vi-Sol, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Tri-Vi-Sol is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Tri-Vi-Sol or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Tri-Vi-Sol. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Tri-Vi-Sol. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Tri-Vi-Sol.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.
More about Tri-Vi-Sol (multivitamin)
- Side Effects
- Drug Interactions
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: vitamin and mineral combinations