Generic Name: Folic Acid, Cyanocobalamin, and Pyridoxine (FOE lik AS id, sye an oh koe BAL a min, & peer i DOKS een)
Brand Name: Airavite, Av-VITE FB, CenFol, FaBB, Folbee, ...show all 14 brand names.Folbic, Folgard Rx, Folplex 2.2, Foltabs 800, Homocysteine Formula, Virt-Gard, Virt-Vite Forte, Virt-Vite, Vita-Respa
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Feb 17, 2019.
Uses of Folbee:
- It is used to help growth and good health.
- It is used to treat or prevent low vitamin B6.
- It is used to treat or prevent low vitamin B12.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Folbee?
- If you have an allergy to folic acid, cyanocobalamin, pyridoxine, or any other part of Folbee (folic acid, cyanocobalamin, and pyridoxine).
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
- If you have an eye problem called Leber's optic atrophy.
- If you are taking levodopa.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with Folbee (folic acid, cyanocobalamin, and pyridoxine).
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Folbee (folic acid, cyanocobalamin, and pyridoxine) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Folbee?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Folbee (folic acid, cyanocobalamin, and pyridoxine). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- If Folbee (folic acid, cyanocobalamin, and pyridoxine) is taken by accident, get medical help right away.
- If you are taking phenytoin, talk with your doctor. You may need to have your blood work checked more closely while you are taking it with Folbee (folic acid, cyanocobalamin, and pyridoxine).
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using Folbee (folic acid, cyanocobalamin, and pyridoxine) while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Folbee) best taken?
Use Folbee (folic acid, cyanocobalamin, and pyridoxine) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Take with or without food.
- To gain the most benefit, do not miss doses.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- A burning, numbness, or tingling feeling that is not normal.
What are some other side effects of Folbee?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Folbee?
- Store at room temperature.
- Protect from light.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
- Talk with the doctor before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about Folbee (folic acid, cyanocobalamin, and pyridoxine), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Folbee (multivitamin)
- Side Effects
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Drug class: vitamin and mineral combinations
- FDA Alerts (3)