User Reviews for Metanx to treat Dietary Supplementation

Metanx has an average rating of 8.8 out of 10 from a total of 23 ratings for the treatment of Dietary Supplementation. 91% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 9% reported a negative effect.

Metanx Rating Summary

8.8/10 average rating

Compare all 215 medications used in the treatment of Dietary Supplementation.

Reviews for Metanx

Kim · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 15, 2021

“I’ve been taking Metanx for over 1 1/2 years and there has been no change in my neuropathy in feet from chemo”

Len · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 5, 2020

“My MD prescribed Metanx for my condition which was Ball of foot pain and numbness. I have taken it for 6 months and so far there is no change. It is recommended that I continue taking it for another 6 months.”

Sp July 31, 2019

“OMG...so grateful that the nightly pain and feet and toe numbness are diminishing. I thought I would have to live with this pain forever. I am 57 yrs old and trying to avoid opiates had tried homeopathic remedies including cbd topical oil and Advil PM when I could not stand the pain anymore. Now, going on 2 months of taking 2 capsules a day I have more feeling in my feet and less balance issues and the toe numbness almost all gone. No side effects Well worth the $50 a month. Finally something that works.”

Cinzyw · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 27, 2012

“Suffered for three years with muscle/large and small bone pain, fatigue, and a feeling of deep depression and weakness. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. Went to endocrinologist because of concern over glucose intolerance. He listened to my three year history of failed attempts to diagnose, thousands of $$$ spent, etc. He prescribed the then two month old Metanax. I was 47 at the time but felt 65 with a threat of forced retirement. Within one month my pain was fading. I have Been pain free ever since and the medicine also has given me the energy of a 30 year old WITH no side effects. I still thank him every six months during my check up! ”

Wendy Sue January 21, 2014

“I have taken Metanx for about 7 years. My podiatrist prescribed it, but when I had a knee replaced, I asked every one at hospital about interaction..should I stop taking it before surgery (and since you get blood thinners in hospital and after coming home for 21 days) no one KNEW except an anesthesiologist..who said it was also prescribed by cardiologist. It is now also being seen as a help in dementia/altheimezer patients. It is great for the neuropathy, but it also lowered my blood pressure, and lowers my body temperature as well..i feel cooler when I take it..don't know why, but it effect me that way.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 11, 2013

“I have been on Metanx for over 1 yr-started due to fibromyalgia and lack of energy. The difference was amazing. Insurance use to cover it at $50/month but recently went up to $120/month causing me to have to drop using it. Great medicine to help with energy and muscle pains too!”

passionplay October 26, 2011

“I take Mentanx for diabetic neuropathy and it has been wonderful for the pain and the feeling like my feet are in fire. It didn't help with the deep itching in my foot. My Doctor ended up giving me Lyrica for that.”

Bobbowhale · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 25, 2014

“I am 79. About 2 years ago, I had a hard time going to sleep, because of burning, bee-stinging type pain in my feet (peripheral neuropathy in feet), plus calf cramps. Within about 3 weeks from start of Metanx, no more pain, nor cramps. Works great. I only take 1 cap/day. No side effects that I know of.”

JB1965 · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 10, 2014

“I have been on Metanx for almost 4 yrs. I do not have diabetic neuropathy, I started having foot and leg pain after back surgery, which I was told was nerve damage due to the pressure on my disc. I have found relief from this supplement especially at night when the leg and foot pain is the worst. If I have had a active day on my feet doing my dog sport that I love "Agility" the pain will start by late afternoon and sometimes I will not get the relief I would like but, I can't really say if it is from over doing? I have stopped it for a month at times to see if it really did help and I found it did. I am now watching my sugar intake, eating less processed foods hoping this will help.”

GSierraGold April 1, 2015

“Within a week my night time pain, from diabetic Neuropathy, which usually wakes me up like clock work around 4am, was gone. For the first time in years I was able to clean my house without the help of a cleaning company. I hope the positive effects of Metanx last.”

Perfect Lips September 5, 2015

“Have neuropathy and burning and pain was at 8-9 level. Since taking Metanx my pain level is 0-1. My foot doctor prescribed it for me and the company filling my prescription calls me to see if I want a refill. I can pay by the quarter or monthly. All around fantastic. No more pain.”

Sonsign March 16, 2016

“I have taken Metanx twice daily for 3 months. I have at times experienced increased pain from my neuropathy while taking Metanx but assume that maybe this is an indication that it is working? I do have less discomfort at night it seems. No bad side affects that I notice.I will continue to take Metanx for another three months at least. I understand that if Metanx is going to help, it will do so within six months/...”

dons hardware · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 20, 2015

“My peripheral neuropathy made my feet become so heavy that I could not move them. Since starting on Metanex I have experienced a wonderful relief of my symptoms. I no longer have to use my Walker and my foot heaviness has all but disappeared. I experienced this improvement in less than two weeks on the medication.”

just little old me September 9, 2016

“I have been taking Metanx for about 9 months now. I first noticed a difference after circa 4 months. Perhaps it was slow because the Neuropathy had been with me for 8 years. No cause for it, except perhaps old age (my neurologist's words). Yes, at times the burning pain seemed to get worse in some areas. The doctor's explanation: some of the nerves that had already gone numb, and so painless, were coming back and eventually would heal. After years of only tolerating light sandals on my feet, I have started wearing "real" shoes again for short period of time. Prices at the local pharmacy are high, but mail order brought it down to under $70.00, including postage.”

Skyyy · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 29, 2016

“I suffer from psoriatric arthritis and leg and foot pain and fatigue. I work retail an am on feet 8 to 10 hours a day. I never felt rested as my legs would cramp and my feet would feel as if pins were pricking them along with electrical shock type feel. My balance started to be affected and my toes were numb all the time. Doctor prescribed Metanx and said I would feel better in about 3 mos or sooner..I was skeptical..at first my feet felt like odd as if they were resisting on purpose and I began to feel life in my toes again,,by the 2nd month I showed great improvement..I even look better as I am getting a good nights rest now. I highly recommend this product for leg and foot pain, be patient..you will not regret it.”

Christo0pher0 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 29, 2019

“Can't swear it's working but I think it is. Only been on it a little over a month but after having this pain for two years I can gauge today that it's about 30% better, the pain anyway, I still have numbness and cramping when in bed and it still feels like the bones in my feet are broken but it's just not as harsh. I have wasted so much time and money on shots, boots, orthotics, Gabapentin, RA meds......why not try this then. I did just get diagnosed with diabetes. So I'm googling everything about Medical Food, clinicals, reviews and adding my experience just in case it will help someone decide to try it/or not for a little while to see. Hope you all get relief one way or another, Good Luck!”

KT · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 21, 2019

“I have neuropathy in both my feet and have suffered for many years without finding anything that helps. I have been on Metanx for a month and a half and notice a huge difference after taking this medicine. I will say for the first month my feet got worse however I just kept taking the meds daily and have now noticed a huge change. I can’t rave enough about Metanx and will for sure refer people to try it.”

As is February 2, 2017

“Prescribed after surgery repairing neck, C4,5,&6 . Nerve damage from an injury. Metanx was an excellent suggestion from my doctor. Now if my hands start to feel burning or tingling, I go back on the metanx. Thank you!”

Mrs. St. Nick September 27, 2016

“Suffering from both diabetes and its sequelae as well as vascular insufficiency in my legs and feet, every step I've taken for the past three years has been extraordinarily painful with both severe leg cramping and the burning, numbness and imbalance of neuropathy. My endocrinologist gave me a two week sample and within three days the vascular cramping disappeared. I still have neuropathy but sense it lessening. Ironically, two years ago, after an inexplicable failed arterial stent, a hematologist found that I was deficient in vitamins B12, B6 and Folic acid which can affect blood coagulation. I've been taking these supplements in OTC products since then and have not seen any change until Metanx. Activated folic acid is the difference!!”

ellie · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 2, 2019

“I have some diabetic neuropathy in my feet and was prescribed metanx by a podiatrist. It helped my feet a lot and, more importantly, fixed my low back pain. I have taken in for 9 months, but probably will have to stop. It has started making me extremely irritable and anxious. I stopped it a few days, and these symptoms did not occur. Then I tried taking it again, and about 30 minutes later am extremely agitated. I googled this and see B12 can cause this. I sure hate this, because it really helped my back.”

Debra · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 5, 2019

“I began chemotherapy with mild diabetic neuropathy (felt like I was walking on little plastic bags where I had little feeling but no real pain. I then had a "hand and foot" reaction to Taxotere. My hands blistered and peeled and fingernails broke off below the quick but it cleared up in about 1 year. My diabetic neuropathy became much worse with initial redness and some blistering that resolved in a few weeks but my feet became so sore I can hardly walk some days and I am a year and a half out of chemo. It looks like I now "own" this pain. I must use a cane and am especially careful on stairs as I do not always know where my feet are. I take Neurontin, Cymbalta, and Metanx. I can really tell if I skip a dose of any of these meds as my feet get much more sore immediately. I have been taking the Metanx the longest and am convinced it has helped me a lot.”

Bodhi's Mom · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 31, 2018

“I am taking cancer medications and experienced almost all the printed side effects, including neuropathy and an elevated homocysteine level which went from normal to stroke range within 7 months of starting cancer treatment. My PCP and oncologist had no idea what to do about the high homocysteine (19!!!). One of my doctors knew about MetaNx and my homocysteine scores went back to normal range in 6 weeks on one capsule a day. The neuropathy also disappeared in weeks and has not returned after 4 years of use with no side effects or lab changes.”

chips1930 December 22, 2010

“I have been on METANX for diabetic neuropathy (and I am anemic) and now my energy level has been greatly diminished.”

sister 2 September 20, 2014

“I've been on Metanx for 5 years since my podiatrist prescribed it. No pain at all anymore In my feet and calfs.”

gwu76 June 26, 2011

“Some medical conditions may interact with Metanx. Metanx is contraindicated if you have anemia. ”

Linda Staggs · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 9, 2016

“My experience in taking this product is very helpful for the nerves in legs”

More about Metanx (multivitamin)

Other brands