User Reviews for Asmanex Twisthaler to treat Asthma, Maintenance

Asmanex Twisthaler has an average rating of 6.5 out of 10 from a total of 18 ratings for the treatment of Asthma, Maintenance. 61% of those users who reviewed Asmanex Twisthaler reported a positive effect, while 33% reported a negative effect.

Asmanex Twisthaler Rating Summary

6.5/10 average rating

Compare all 72 medications used in the treatment of Asthma, Maintenance.

Reviews for Asmanex Twisthaler

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 10, 2021

“This is the only corticosteroid that has not given me side effects. I have used it for 10 years and never needed a rescue inhaler. It is expensive and many insurers will not cover it.”

traveler April 25, 2020

“I just recently started having adult asthma. It is frightening! I was first prescribed Albuterol inhaler which worked great but gave me pain in my chest and anxiety. My NP gave me a sample of Asmanex to try and it took a few weeks but it controlled my asthma and shortness of breath, mostly, but not completely. Tons got after taking my daily dose 220mcg I suddenly had awful shortness of breath and went for my rescue inhaler! I don’t know what changed. I’m just starting to regain control of my breathing after an hour. Still not back to semi-normal. What happened? I’d been taking this for three weeks without a problem!”

Books · Taken for 10 years or more December 11, 2019

“I had used this inhaler for at least 15 years. It worked great - never any problems with the med. Recently, however, the counter on the twisthalers was not counting down properly. Had three different lot numbered twisthalers with the same issue. The 60-dose inhaler counter started at the number 60. When I used it once, it went to 69; the second use, 68, and so on. I had an asthma attack after the end of the first twisthaler, probably because the counter that showed there were doses left was off. Merck took back the defective twisthalers (with no reimbursement to me), but are not issuing a recall, even though this issue has come up before according to the FDA. Unfortunately, Symbicort and Qvar are not as effective, and cost more money. Merck is unconcerned.”

KClean March 2, 2009

“I haven't had an asthma attack since I started using Asmanex Twisthaler--nor have I had to use my Proventil for a flare-up. I am taking this medication instead of Advair or Singular because I have osteopenia. Asmanex does not deplete bone density as do some of the other medications for asthma.”

jalk1 November 10, 2016

“I started taking asthma to control my adult-onset asthma. It works very well, and when I am on it, my asthma is very well-controlled. I have gone off of it twice, due to my doctor thinking I did not need to be on it long-term, but after my last series of asthma attacks we agreed I should stay on it for the foreseeable future. My only comment is that I do think it makes me gain weight, especially in my mid-section. Not a lot (yet) but we will see what happens if I go off of it again. The weight gain is on average about 5 lbs., so not much, but on my frame, it is noticeable. Every time I go off it, the weight goes as well. I'd rather breathe and have 5 extra lbs., but I haven't seen this listed as a significant side effect anywhere.”

Anonymous June 30, 2018

“After trying ASMANEX it solved all problems for me ...”didn’t experience any side effect and my blood pressure been normal with this medicine* Previously tried breo ellipta and didn’t do nothing but raised my blood pressure up to the roof same as Qvar, prednisone or symbicort . Amanex is a 10star ***** medicine from what I experience and hope that you all out there find what works best for you all. God bless!”

Limey · Taken for less than 1 month November 9, 2019

“This Asmanex twisthaler inhaler is horrible. When a person is having trouble breathing and sick, trying to work this out only adds stress. I am saying this is not effective because I don't know if I am actually receiving a dose or not. It shouldn't be this difficult folks.”

Mimi May 28, 2019

“Moved to a new area and my allergies became very bad. I have acute asthma which is triggered occasionally but more so now in new area. I use Albuterol for the few times I need it. Allergy doctor recommended Asmanex so allergies wouldn't cause asthmatic attacks. I agreed to try it UNTIL I went to get RX filled. This breathing drug is exorbitant in price- Over $400. Not right. Have insurance but $1,500 deductible so it would be an out of pocket expense. Not doing it. I am fine with nasal spray and albuterol when needed. Feel bad for anyone working hard, paying taxes, and insurance premiums and STILL having to pay a lot just for this med just to breathe.”

rherbert57 September 15, 2015

“I had been on Pulmicort on and off, but had to stop using it because it gave me terrible leg cramps at night. Prior to starting Asmanex, my asthma had gotten worse, and I was using my rescue inhaler six or seven times a day. Since starting Asmanex, I have only used my rescue inhaler once in three months. I haven't noticed any side effects either. I may just be one of the lucky ones, but my quality of life has improved immensely since I started using this "wonder drug".”

JoBly September 14, 2014

“I call this a miracle. Been on for 16 months and haven't had a single attack. Went from taking five nebulizers treatments a day, to taking ZERO. On top of that it has significantly cut down allergies that was obviously triggered by asthma. I hope you have the success that I have had. Out of pocket price is the only downfall to Asthmanex.”

Extremely concerned parent January 24, 2016

“My 8 yr old daughter has been suffering from so many of the side effects listed. She was switched to this due to a switch in her health insurance. My very happy social child has experienced such anxiety and breakdowns that have come out of no where. She begs to not leave the house and to just be left alone in her room. Weightloss, diarrhea, painful urination the list continues. It breaks my heart. Her Doctor did not pick up on possibly the medicine being a cause she referred us to a therapist . I will continue with therapist but, we as parents have to be our childrens advocate and remember that with Drs. there is a reason they call it "practicing medicine " That is exactly it they are practising.!”

wolflew May 18, 2010

“Since the beginning of the pollen season (Mid-March) in Atlanta. I've been miserable with chest congestion/asthma that wouldn't go away with all the various things prescribed for me (Singulair, Combivent, Astepro N.S., Allegra and Avlesco, which gave me thrush within a couple of weeks) UNTIL Asmanex! It took about a week, but then one day I realized I was able to breathe easier and each day got better. I haven't needed the Combivent since I started to clear with the Asmanex. I'll ask my Asthma/Allergy doctor if I can stop the Singular (since I also have osteopenia borderline on osteoporosis). My mom suggested I move to another state, but I won't have to if the Asmanex is able to get me through the Atlanta pollen seasons (March-May).”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 12, 2018

“This site says it costs FROM $85.00. It wasn't that price for me This product cost me $280.00. Insanely overpriced and I have good insurance that still didn't cover a cent. Terrible to charge so much for something that only lasts less than 60 days. Not practical. I found that it helped but to charge so much is ridiculous.”

Anonymous June 26, 2011

“I love this once a day use and have been sick less since on this medicine. I love it, have not had to use my rescue inhaler as much and in 2 years only 2 ER visits and only a couple of attacks instead of weekly.”

Anonymous October 31, 2009

“I had to discontinue using this drug after 3 months because it gave me joint pain.”

0000000000000000000 August 2, 2009

“Its the only Corticosteroid that dosen't give me thrush! I've stayed on this one....”

Mr. I. August 18, 2009

“I had to discontinue it after several weeks. It left me feeling tired and weak, and coughing up more mucus. I maybe allergic to something in it.”

rondomo · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 12, 2016

“since starting this medication, my breathing ha improved immeasurably. i can workout harder and with more energy.its a great product. getting fewer colds and phlegm.”

Jmcop May 12, 2016

“I have been spotting and woke up in a pool of sweat since starting this medication”

The applicator is infuriating. · Taken for less than 1 month October 29, 2017

“I am hospitalized with COPD/emphysema and have no choice but to use, the nurses don't even know how to use this device properly”