User Reviews for Elocon to treat Psoriasis

Elocon has an average rating of 9.5 out of 10 from a total of 13 ratings for the treatment of Psoriasis. 100% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Elocon Rating Summary

9.5/10 average rating

Compare all 260 medications used in the treatment of Psoriasis.

Reviews for Elocon

Sadie · Taken for less than 1 month April 17, 2021

“Had severe psoriasis for eight months. I suffer from guttate psoriasis and after I got strep throat ages ago, my psoriasis flared up! I used every cream I could get and none of them worked. Until, I found Elocon cream and my body has never looked so clear in months. Would strongly recommend this steroid cream to anyone who is suffering from psoriasis. I can finally show some skin and I'm happy. I'm still treating it but, it's going away.”

Peter · Taken for less than 1 month May 6, 2019

“Elocon ointment has worked better and faster than any other ointment that has ever been prescribed for treatment of my psoriasis.”

S Maine · Taken for 10 years or more August 29, 2016

“I have had Seborrheic Dermatitis since I was 15 years old. I am now 38 and thanks to Elocon Scalp Lotion I have everything under control. I apply the lotion to my hairline and rub it in once a week...within 2 days for some reason the redness in my face dissapears, feels supple and I pretty much am able to forget about my condition. I also wash my face every evening with SBR Lipo Cream as a moisturiser.”

Anonymous December 7, 2012

“I've had psoriasis for 15 years. I have purposely avoided biologics, steroids and UV treatments. I used Elocon for my first spot ever when I was first diagnosed with psoriasis and it made my tiny non-healing patch of psoriasis go away in a day. It never came back in that location. So, here it is 15 years later and although I've been covering up all year round and using coal tar to take the itch away. I've finally figured out a treatment plan that works. Use the Elocon to get rid of all the patches (it works great!) Then, use the 25% coal tar (5% active coal tar). Wallah! No more dermatologists or steroids for years!”

Staccc · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 22, 2014

“I tried every lotion, shampoos etc that said it would work and didn't. Came to the point where I was scratching so much my hair was falling out. My doctor suggested Elocon lotion for my scalp. Skeptical of course, used it in my hair and scalp before I went to sleep (stung a bit) but worth waking up and washing my hair to clear flake free scalp. I've never looked back, Best lotion ever.”

j_cloud1 August 10, 2008

“Wow I've had scalp psoriasis for 15 years and have tried many things. My new doctor prescribed Elocon and my scalp cleared in less than a week. I don't have to wear a hat any more and I feel comfortable wearing black.”

B- December 9, 2015

“I've been using Elocon since I was 8 years old, I am now 35 and it's my faithful companion. Usually I slather it on the weekend before bed, by the time I shower mid-day all the scales wash off with a gentle scrub. It usually lasts me a week before it starts creeping up again but at least I know how to control it and now most people have no idea I have psoriasis unless I tell them.”

no more bad skin May 15, 2009

“I've been using Elocon for over 15 years. I use the liquid lotion on my scalp. If I apply twice a day for a week, my entire scalp is cleared and itch free. Elocon however is not very effective for the psoriasis in my belly button and in my ears. It only works to clear it for 3 days and comes right back. But for the scalp it's a 10! I also apply it to new spots over my skin if I see them, it nicks any new spots from forming. Elocon states it may thin the skin, but after 10 years, I'm still doing good, no thinning.”

CanadaGal15 · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 28, 2013

“I've had scalp psoriasis for 20 years and this is the only thing that works for me. Tar shampoo can be effective but not if it takes me an hour to comb out my hair after....(I have long think hair). Elocon lotion works instantly! I will say that it stings if you have an open sore from scratching but if you use it regularly it makes an amazing difference. I would suggest the lotion over the cream for scalp psoriasis. I'm sure the cream would work better for your body.”

Anonymous October 2, 2008

“I have had psoriasis for 17 years and have had many visits to the specialist. Although my psoriasis is not what they class as severe it effects my world in a severe way as it is on visual parts of my body that are difficult to hide (especially in summer). Elocon was the first ointment to take the red appearance from the psoriasis and also make some areas look normal again. It has lost its inflammatory appearance and is lessoning in size. I would highly recommend others to give it a go. ”

Anonymous December 23, 2009

“After applying for about 3 days, almost all of the spots on my torso and back were almost gone....huge relief after progressively worsening lesion size and feeling like a monster! The psoriasis behind my ears is also GONE, and the skin smooth. Almost seems miraculous - the skin looks practically normal, with no thinning or side effects so far. After reading the other reviews, would really like to try the scalp lotion too! It's been years and years since last going to a dermatologist or trying a medicated cream, and the return to NORMAL skin tone is delightful. Especially with a wedding in 3 months! ”

Amrita Sarkar March 8, 2011

“I have used it in several patients and the result was awesome.”

cape town November 26, 2008

“I had bad Psoriasis behind my ear. Elocon cleared it in just two days. I would definitely recommend it.”

Learn more about Psoriasis