User Reviews for Cytotec

Cytotec has an average rating of 7.1 out of 10 from a total of 32 ratings on Drugs.com. 61% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 26% reported a negative effect.

Abortion
10.0
Summary of Cytotec reviews 7.1 32 reviews

Reviews for Cytotec

Ambie July 11, 2021

For Abortion: “I have use cycotec for abortion I just felt cramps, no bleeding its almost 2 days and still tested positive what's wrong or going on”

Anonymous September 5, 2021

For Abortion: “I want to correct some ladies here if you are 1 to 3 weeks pregnant and you use any abortion pills don't expect to have heavy bleeding it will just give you your normal monthly menstruation which means it has work but from 4 weeks upward you can feel and see the difference from your normal menstruation all the pills do work a try to take hot tea or warm water and have warm water bottle will help”

Anonymous April 18, 2020

For Abortion: “First off, I’d like to say everyone is different and has a different tolerance for pain. I did this at 6 weeks. Before I took the pills I read these reviews and some had me scared to death, I thought about just not doing anything but I finally had the courage to go through with it. I took the 2 orally then the other 4 inserted vaginally around 9:10pm and maybe 2 hours later I started having mild cramps, like my normal period cramps. I went to bed and woke up still mild cramps but surprisingly no bleeding. I didn’t pass any clots till about 10 hours later I passed my first clot the size of a lollipop lol. Then it was just like a normal period afterwards. Was better than I expected. So relax guys!! All the best.”

Alleviate · Taken for less than 1 month August 16, 2021

For Abortion: “Am 2 weeks and 4 days pregnant I used cytotec I insert 2 and swallowed 2 around 1am. I bleed from 5 am to 4pm heavy bleeding for just one day and it stopped flowing. The next two days I did another pregnancy test and is still positive... what should I do”

1426 · Taken for less than 1 month August 8, 2020

For Abortion: “I’m 20 years old with a very strong stomach. I took the first pill at the clinic around 11:30, I was tired and slightly nauseous but I was prescribed promethazine which helped the nausea. by 9am the next morning I was bleeding a small amount. I decided to eat a meal, take 800mg of ibuprofen that I was prescribed and another promethazine for nausea. 45 minutes after the pain medicine and nausea medicine, I placed 2 cytotec in each cheek - which dissolved in 15 minutes. I felt the most intense cramping and pain and was honestly screaming in agony. The pain was so severe I threw up everything in my stomach and had diarrhea, this all lasted about 30 minutes and then I began to do breathing exercises that helped calm the pain and made me fall asleep. After that I had very moderate cramping that was very manageable. Drink lots of water, sleep a lot and stay calm. You can do it.”

Ayo · Taken for less than 1 month November 20, 2021

For Abortion: “Guys I was 3month gone I used this drug for abortion and after 2hrs I started feeling pain just like normal cramps and I started bleeding heavily tho it wasn't painful as expected like 30 mins later heavy blood clots started coming and later the product itself came out. After a week I did another test though I'm still bleeding it's says it is positive. What do I do?”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 10, 2021

For Abortion: “Hey girls! Don’t be scared, you can actually do this. I was 4weeks gone when I realized I was pregnant! I had no choice than to go for medical Abortion, I took 4 pills of cytotec around 6pm and I allowed it dissolve in my mouth for 30mins then I rinsed it off with water! I nearly throw up but I had to control myself! 1hr later I was sitting and eager to know how it feels, I was really ready for all the pains but unfortunately I slept off, 3 hours later I felt a very heavy cramp going on and off. Meanwhile I have started seeing blood b4 the cramp started . I can’t even sit or lie down anymore, I was so restless , I only feel more comfortable while sitting in the toilet , I was there vomiting, pooing and passing out big big blood clot. It was such a great experience I will never forget”

Anna January 7, 2021

For Abortion: “I was almost 9 week. Took the first pill and didn’t feel any difference at first. Had the lightest cramps later that night but that’s all. Took the second medicine 48 hours later, inserted 4 pills in my vagina. 1 hour later cramping started, but it was just like regular period. Another hour passed and cramping got worse. Quickly it turned into the most painful cramps I’ve even felt in my life. They lasted about 1-1.5 hours before I felt like something ‘unlocked’ and I started bleeding very heavily. Pain decreased immediately. The heaviest bleeding with large clots lasted about 3 hours and then it slowed down. Now over 24 hours later I’m feeling great with very light cramping every now and then. I just wish someone had told me that pain was gonna be that bad so I could prepare for it. I don’t mean to scare anyone but be prepared for almost unbearable pain. Have pain relievers ready. One the pregnancy passes you’ll feel so much better.”

Samantha_b March 13, 2016

For Abortion: “I was 12 weeks when I went for my first ultrasound and they told me the baby had stopped developing at 8 weeks they did a follow up appointment to see if anything had changed and it didn't they told me it was a missed miscarriage and to speed up the process I was prescribed two pills inserted vaginally of cytotec I took it at 5:30pm by 11:30 I had started bleeding and had contractions at 2 am I was bleeding to much and went the the hospital where I passed the baby and was released at 8am the same morning it was probably the worse pain I have ever experienced but I found it a better option then the D&C, it worked for me but I'd advise to anyone taking it to take ibuprofen or Advil before hand to help with the pain”

Unknown December 17, 2021

For Abortion: “Took 3 cytotec and 4 in my vagina. Within 4 hours I bleed it’s like normal menstrual. Lasted 1 week. It’s been 2 weeks already and now I still feel nauseous.. I really need help. Is it normal or am still pregnant? Am now in the country where the abortion is highly prohibited.”

Ssims · Taken for less than 1 month October 29, 2019

For Cervical Ripening: “My Doc RX 2 pills the night before IUD insertion the cytotec to be inserted vaginally. I was terrified and debating on taking it because of reviews and stories I heard. But I laid down for the night and didn’t experience any cramping at all! My uterus was a little tight but that’s it. When I sat on the toilet to use the bathroom in morning, it sounded like I was peeing but it was blood coming out of my vagina. Thin and watery. Not really clots. But that’s about it! Went to appointment and everything went well. Would recommend this is your OB says your cervix is angled or resistant before insertion.”

acd98 · Taken for less than 1 month September 21, 2021

For Abortion: “Was about 5 weeks pregnant and went to the clinic and got the first pill. Took the 4 cytotec the next day and had mild cramping 15 minutes later. Kept a HOT water bottle on my lower stomach and fell asleep for a couple hours. Went to the bathroom and had small clots. About 6 hours later, still mild cramping and finally passed the sac. Day 2 and have slight cramps and passing some small clots. 10/10 recommend the pill way. Wasn’t nearly as bad as I freaked myself out about.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 3, 2021

For Abortion: “4 weeks pregnant inserted 4 pills vaginally took 2 orally since Saturday. I only experience slight cramps, diarrhea and nausea. I passed nothing. No blood, no clots nothing. I don't believe this has worked”

Dolly February 20, 2021

For Abortion: “I was prescribed this after it was found I had a missed miscarriage at just shy of ten weeks.The doc first gave me 18 tabs with instructions to take 600 mcg every 6 hours for up to 6 doses. It did nothing but give me severe runny stools. I called in for another round as a last ditch effort before scheduling a D&C. I did research and its actually recommended to use 800 mcg inserted vaginally high up near the cervix and you can repeat this once in a 24 hour period. The reason some docs don't prescribe it this way is that there were some women who ended up with severe infection so SCRUB YOUR HANDS with soap and water if you choose to do it this way. I inserted the 4 tabs before bed and woke up 8 hours later with mild cramping that quickly progressed to severe with lots of blood. I bled through three pads in 60 minutes and then passed the fetus after 10 hours. The pain eased up a bit and 2 hours later I passed the placenta. Things gradually eased up after that into like a heavy period.”

Goodness October 7, 2021

For Abortion: “I took two pills and I insert two on Wednesday night, after few minutes I had a cramp which didn't last for 6 minutes and small amount of blood drop that same night, but all through the Thursday been having cramps that doesn't last for 2 minutes and since then I haven't seen any blood..”

Ana · Taken for less than 1 month October 6, 2021

For Abortion: “This is for the girls out there who are in my situation and cannot find guidance. So I took first abortion pill on Monday at the clinic at 13:00, no side effects at all. I was at that time exactly 5 weeks pregnant. The next day 24 h later I took the cytotec pills 2 of them amounting 400mcgs as given by clinic. I made sure to inject toradol (painkiller) 30 minutes before to help with the pain. But to my surprise 2 hours passed and no bleeding, then finally very small bleeding started, I was finally able to relax, thinking all is good. But within next hour nothing happened, just small clots when I went to use toilet. I called the doc he said to wait it out. Then in the evening I noticed a light bleeding again, but not too much, still passed several very tiny clots, but nothing major. This morning I was suspicious that the pill did not work, went to scan and my gestational sac was intact and in place, the clinic offered me more drugs but I opted for vacuum aspiration tomorrow. Be careful”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month September 26, 2021

For Abortion: “I was 6 weeks pregnant when I took the decision. I got 4 cytotec pills but before I took them i firstly took pain relievers 30min before which are Brufen, after 30min I took the cytotec all 4 pills I placed them under my tongue I waited 30min for it to dissolve thereafter I swallowed the rest with water. I took the pills it was 18:10...after few minutes I felt nausea, tiredness, and coldness there were no cramp or pains at all. Then after 2 hours I felt a small cramp and pains. I went to the toilet to check I found a small dotted blood on my pads which is kinda brown and smelly . Around 00:15 I felt so hot I couldn't sleep, I woke up and went to the toilet just when I sat down a big clot came out and I was bleeding so badly even the pads couldn't take it. I kept on attending the toilet now and then as I felt I should but everytime I went a clot will come out, I'm sure 4 times big clot came out Now I'm only bleeding with light cramps It true our bodies don't all act the same way.”

Lola · Taken for less than 1 month November 22, 2021

For Abortion: “So I used cytotec 2 under my tongue and 2 in my vagina. After 30 mins I experienced diarrhea and I had chills, I went to the toilet 3 times within 1hour My bleeding started with black blood, then the next day it was red, I felt little or no pain, I was actually scared it didn't work After 1 week I did the pregnancy test and it was negative. To everyone who is about to go through this, not everyone goes through pain and our bodies are totally different. Good luck”

Ghada90 January 7, 2021

For Abortion: “I was pregnant on the 8th week and I had a really hard time. I had a medical abortion, I take Mifepriston at the clinic and Cytotec two days later intravagainally at home. I had no bleeding at all after mifepriston but I felt really sick two days after and I started to vomit. I took the cytotec 40 hours after the the Mifepriston. Before taking the cytotec I took 4 tablets of paracetamol, 2 tablets of 50 mg diclofenac based on the dr recommendation. I inserted the 4 cytotec tablets deep in the vagina. Then I started to experience a very unpleasant moderate to severe pain. 40 minutes after taking the cytotec I took 5mg oxycodone, but I threw up 20 minutes after. One hour after the cytotec I started to bleed. 2 hours after the cytotec I felt like some clots and tissue are being expelled from my body (I was sitting in the toilet). I felt a lot of relief after that. The pulsating pain of Cytotec lasted for at least 10 hours. I used hot bag to ease the pain.”

Rrrrrrryyyyy · Taken for less than 1 month September 21, 2021

For Abortion: “I put two pills in my vagina and two under my tongue on Tuesday at around 11:30am,,started feeling cramps 30 mins after the drugs dissolved and I didn't bleed until 8:00pm that very day, just some light bleeding and a bean sized clot on my pad I saw, then the following days I put more 2 pills under my tongue and bled just a little bit but with a manageable cramping. I kept on just spotting and and passing little clots until Friday when I started getting some bleeding like a menstrual period with cramps and little clots. By the way I was just 3 weeks and 2 days.”

May · Taken for less than 1 month October 6, 2019

For Gynecological Conditions: “I was prescribed Cytotec following a failed IUD insertion. Because I'm small and have never had kids, they couldn't get my cervix to open enough to place the IUD (Kyleena). I took one the night before and one four hours before my appointment. I had no side effects other than maybe minor cramps, but I took some ibuprofen before bed. I was worried after all the reviews I read online about vomiting, bleeding, etc. But I was totally fine on it. It made the second try for the IUD insertion so much easier and less painful. I know there is some research saying it doesn't help with IUDs but having experienced attempted insertion without it first, I can tell you it made a huge difference.”

... · Taken for less than 1 month November 27, 2021

For Abortion: “I am 35 years old and already have 2 little kids. I was late only 2 days and already knew that I am pregnant. Test was positive. So I believe I was only 4 weeks pregnant. I decided to use medical abortion. I took first tablet around 10 in a evening and placed 4 tables in to vagina after 24hr. Waited 4hr and nothing happened so took another 2 and hold in my mouth. Waited around 30hr till my first blood came. It is 2 days since my bleeding started. Its really light and painless, as my usual monthly bleeding. I am really freaking out and worried if it worked. Keep reading all the reviews to calm myself thats its absolutely normal.”

Bobin · Taken for less than 1 month December 31, 2021

For Abortion: “It got the job done but I would not advise anyone to take it without medical supervision. The pain was horrendous. It was the worst pain imaginable and I felt like I was dying. I had to take all the pain meds within 15 minutes of taking the cytotec. However I threw up all of the pain meds right away so I had to endure the pain for about 5 hours before I called an ambulance. I then had to wait an additional time for them to give me something for the pain. So for gods sake do not take this at home.”

Angel December 21, 2021

For Abortion: “I am 4weeks pregnant and I insert two tablets cytotec and took two tablets of it in my mouth, and nothing happened. No cramping no bleeding, the second day I insert three tablets of cytotec and nothing happened till now no signs, I am confused.”

Rosey March 29, 2020

For Abortion: “I was prescribed cytotec 2 abort 3 weeks pregnancy but it failed I just had pains but nothing came out. Even when I used it 4 times.”