User Reviews for Remeron SolTab

Depression
Major Depressive Disorder

Oliver63 · Taken for 10 years or more April 7, 2021

“Been taking Remeron Soltab for years and it is the most wonderful drug ever for me - I have anxiety, depression and insomnia. Works brilliantly. I switched to genetic Mirtazapine and it was like taking a totally different medicine - my old symptoms were back as well as side effects that I never experienced before. Be aware: the generic version might not work for you. If so, switch back to the branded version”

M · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 19, 2020

For Major Depressive Disorder: “I have MDD and my anxiety used to be really bad. The first week I took remeron, I was knocked out on the first night and really groggy in the morning and I remember being really hungry. I used to have a problem with my appetite and I could never finish my food. I was at least 42kg. But now I can finish my food, my appetite is really good and I get enough sleep! Dreams are kinda weird tho. I read some bad reviews but my experience has been great and I’m on my 13th week and the dosage is 30mg. Just give it a few more weeks and everything starts to get okay and moods will start regulating like normal. If anyone else is taking this, do know that your appetite will increase so get more exercise and watch what you eat!”

Steve · Taken for less than 1 month February 8, 2020

For Depression: “I was given this years ago in the hospital and it worked amazingly well for sleep (I think it was name brand). My new insurance now covers it so I had my doctor switch me from regular generic Remeron to generic Remeron Soltab by Aurobindo Pharmaceuticals. The dose is 15mg. I only took it one night so far and it didn’t work at all for sleep & gave me a headache. I’m not giving it a rating because I believe the reason for it not working is the brand. I had the same issue with Aurobindo’s regular Remeron and had to switch brands. I will have to see if my pharmacist can order a different brand otherwise I will go back to the regular tablets.”

YippeeKaye September 12, 2017

For Depression: “I take Remeron Soltab (Mirtazapine) half an hour before bed for insomnia and depression and it has completely removed all my symptoms. Highly recommend for anyone with insomnia, depression or anxiety. It is also superbly effective for allergies and takes care of my runny and stuffed nose. It may be the strongest yet safest antihistamine for rhinitis. Sleep is good and refreshing. Not taking anything else, not needing anything else. Took me out of a really dangerous time in my life.”

DaveAD · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 8, 2017

For Depression: “Best antidepressant ever. Also great for insomnia, OCD, anxiety and allergies. Isn't addictive and doesn't cause withdrawal in my exp. Also the effectiveness doesn't decrease with continuous long-term usage.”

Not Sleepy · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 28, 2014

“Excellent medication, only thing to work after twenty years of sleeplessness and trying everything. Takes a few weeks to get used to it, the grogginess etc lift with time. Use the weight gain as an excuse to exercise more, make it a win win situation. I take 7.5mgs and take it two to three hours before bedtime, this way I wake up more refreshed, and some evenings I go without it just to give myself a break.”

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 10, 2012

For Depression: “I used this for years and it helped with anxiety, sleep, depression. It caused initial weight gain but was worth it for relief. I stopped it on my own (not smart) because it made me sleep and I had to stay awake for care of my Dad. Now I wish I was back on it. I have been on tons of medicines to try to get stabilized again. Will be asking a doctor about it. It also helped with irritable bowel syndrome.”

Older male August 4, 2017

For Depression: “Have been on combination of 60mg Cymbalta and 15mg of remeron for 2 years, The latter for insomnia, which I had when On only Cymbalta for GAD. This has reduced My symptoms almost completely. I do dream frequently,but nothing that Causes a problem. I do move about while Sleeping and have fallen out of bed on occasion. Pillows on the floor eliminated the danger”

Anonymous October 23, 2009

For Insomnia: “I've had insomnia all my life but once I was put on Remeron I'm finally able to sleep.”

WTgain November 29, 2009

For Depression: “Rapid weight gain!”