User Reviews for Remeron SolTab to treat Depression

Remeron SolTab has an average rating of 8.0 out of 10 from a total of 5 ratings for the treatment of Depression. 80% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 20% reported a negative effect.

Remeron SolTab Rating Summary

8.0/10 average rating

Compare all 189 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

YippeeKaye September 12, 2017

“I take Remeron Soltab (Mirtazapine) half an hour before bed for insomnia and depression and it has completely removed all my symptoms. Highly recommend for anyone with insomnia, depression or anxiety. It is also superbly effective for allergies and takes care of my runny and stuffed nose. It may be the strongest yet safest antihistamine for rhinitis. Sleep is good and refreshing. Not taking anything else, not needing anything else. Took me out of a really dangerous time in my life.”

DaveAD · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 8, 2017

“Best antidepressant ever. Also great for insomnia, OCD, anxiety and allergies. Isn't addictive and doesn't cause withdrawal in my exp. Also the effectiveness doesn't decrease with continuous long-term usage.”

Steve · Taken for less than 1 month February 8, 2020

“I was given this years ago in the hospital and it worked amazingly well for sleep (I think it was name brand). My new insurance now covers it so I had my doctor switch me from regular generic Remeron to generic Remeron Soltab by Aurobindo Pharmaceuticals. The dose is 15mg. I only took it one night so far and it didn’t work at all for sleep & gave me a headache. I’m not giving it a rating because I believe the reason for it not working is the brand. I had the same issue with Aurobindo’s regular Remeron and had to switch brands. I will have to see if my pharmacist can order a different brand otherwise I will go back to the regular tablets.”

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 10, 2012

“I used this for years and it helped with anxiety, sleep, depression. It caused initial weight gain but was worth it for relief. I stopped it on my own (not smart) because it made me sleep and I had to stay awake for care of my Dad. Now I wish I was back on it. I have been on tons of medicines to try to get stabilized again. Will be asking a doctor about it. It also helped with irritable bowel syndrome.”

Older male August 4, 2017

“Have been on combination of 60mg Cymbalta and 15mg of remeron for 2 years, The latter for insomnia, which I had when On only Cymbalta for GAD. This has reduced My symptoms almost completely. I do dream frequently,but nothing that Causes a problem. I do move about while Sleeping and have fallen out of bed on occasion. Pillows on the floor eliminated the danger”

WTgain November 29, 2009