User Reviews for Savella

Learn more about Savella.

Savella Rating Summary

6.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 36 medications used in the treatment of Fibromyalgia.

Reviews for Savella to treat Fibromyalgia

"I started on Savella in July. Have been on it for 4 months. I have had such bad hot flashes 24 hours a day. Does not decrease. Head aches severe constipation, which I have never had in my life. Dizziness memory loss irratability the worst is severe high blood pressure. When I realized it was from the Savella I went off of it. My blood pressure is coming down. The pain is tollerable. Do not take this medication if you do not have to. It was weird how I found out the high blood pressure. I went to 3 different doctors for different things. They all asked me if I had high blood pressure. I didn't. So I drove to my PCP. He immediately put me on medication it was so high. Within stroke zone. Please check your blood pressure."

Rosie727 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 29, 2016

"I've been on Savella this time for a couple of weeks, I've noticed I have constant "headaches" and constipation and that doesn't help,because I have IBSC.I do suffer with headaches, they are worse now along with ALL my other health problems and medications, I go back in a month to see my PCP, Savella has helped with my Fibro pain and I have lost weight%u263A, It's just the CONSTANT HEADACHES AND CONSTIPATION. I hope my PCP will have a Solution, Because I don't want to stop taking it.I have tried Lyrica in the past, I couldn't take to Many side effects, Also took Cymbalta it worked good, My insurance stopped paying then I started reading about ALL the law suits for Cymbalta. So I hope my Headaches and Constipation gets Better."

GrannybooSugga (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2016

"I have been taking Savella for 2 years now. It really helps relieve my fibro pain. I was extremely reluctant at first because of the price. My Dr. insisted I take it and I thought it wasn't helping at all, but I continued to take it anyway because I was desperate for relief. There was a week I forgot to put it in my weekly pill boxes. My body was in SO MUCH PAIN!! When I discovered that I had forgotten it, only then, did I realize how much it helped. I am thin, it doesn't cause me weight gain. I now am back to working full time and am productive again. Stay strong and keep pushing fellow fibro sufferers. ❤❤"

100Pam October 10, 2016

"I have been taking 100mg of Savella per day for about 6 weeks. Many of the side effects have subsided at this point and my fibromyalgia pain is minimal. However, my anxiety and moodiness has only increased. I occasionally take clonazepam, but it's so sedating and addictive, I don't want to take more than the prescribed 1mg per day. The first time in 10 years I have had minimal pain, but the anxiety and agitation are crippling at times."

Rosie1976 October 3, 2016

"I have had hot flashes and sweating while on this medicine which after a couple weeks have subsided. I am only half way through my first pack but have had a lot of emotional depressiom/anxiety since I started it. I was taken off of cymbalta and given savella. So far I haven't had any more energy but I am going to give it 2 more weeks which will be a month"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2016

"A GOD SEND! My pain was down, I had more energy by the time I was on 50mg. Unfortunately, I could not afford the medication and I didn't receive coupons. I had no side effects what so ever! I even lost 7 pounds, probably because I just felt like I could move more freely and without as much pain as I had before taking Savella. My insurance covered 1 month prescription only. It was great while it lasted!!!"

AllWildAtHeart July 28, 2016

"I have taken Savella for 5 weeks, 50 mg bid. It definitely has helped decrease the pain and helped me be able to live again. The first few days on it I experienced some agitation, but after that it was good. The only negative that I have noticed is that I have gained 2.5 pounds every week since I have been on it and have had no changes in appetite which is very discouraging."

Saohire18 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 21, 2016

"Took Savella 50 mg bid for one year. Helped dramatically with the fibro pain (I've had fibro 6 yrs). I'm a 57 year old medical professional who of course tried to deny that I even had this malady. Sometime approximately 3 months after starting Savella I noticed increasing fatigue and forgetfulness which I attributed to age and stress. The last 4 months I could barely stay awake without a daily nap, I couldn't remember how to run my coffee pot I've had 4 years, and couldn't remember how to get from point A to B while driving. Due to age, I underwent a Neuropsych eval and brain MRI-both normal. Weaned off Savella and my energy level and alertness have dramatically improved, but unfortunately the fibro pain is back. >:("

Pain game July 17, 2016

"I am on day number 3 and have not notice any changes yet so hopefully as I continue to use it I will start seeing a change. I see a lot of people talking about the cost if cost is a problem I would suggest going to the website and there are coupons that you can use. I use coupons on most of my medication and it helps a lot so anytime you are prescribed medications always go to there website. The coupons usually last for about 10 refills but when it expires you can always get another one. Hope this helps."

Feeslash June 26, 2016

"Did not work for me,the stomach nausea was to much as I already had severe nausea issues, there might have been initially feeling of energy,but it didnt seem to last.I took it for three weeks, not good enough to continue a drug like this."

Anonymous June 16, 2016

"I have been through med after med with either they don't work, stop working or the side effects are too much for me to handle. Now I am on Savella, at the 25mg twice a day in the tritrate pack and I have to say it is a God send so far. Yes, the nausea is a bit harsh but Doc says that will pass if I can just give it a chance. The energy and uplifting mood I have seen so far even at not full dose is amazing. I have not felt this way in years and it feels darned good. Yes the pain is still there, but a bit better. Hope the med holds out and stays working, will update."

Boomer56 May 30, 2016

"I was diagnosed in 1993 with Fibromyalgia, didn't believe it was a legitimate condition. With information now available, I have accepted that I do in fact have Fibro. I don't buy in to taking prescriptions if at all possible, this condition has forced me to seek some relief in the form of RX. I started Savella a little over a month ago and am thrilled with the results. Trying to not get too excited, but I really do feel better. The pain is better, I have a clearer mindset, the fatigue is less and I could not be happier. I did have dizziness and heart palpitations but they have lessened over time. I suggest you try if you want some semblance of a life back."

DCee April 28, 2016

"Didn't help with pain and I am still tired But made me more talkative. I am not going to spend anymore money on it my insurance won't cover it Not worth it."

S luv b April 17, 2016

"I've only been on it a few days. Started slow which was perfect. I had crippling pain for years but only a few days on it and I've noticed small amounts of relief from pain and a wonderful burst in energy and feeling of happiness. My husband says in getting back to my old self which feels amazing. It's only been a few days but I haven't had any negative side effects. I expect to continue feeling better each day. I had severe insomnia for 8 months. Even after crazy amounts of sleep aids it could still take me 4 hrs to fall asleep. The last 2 nights I was able to sleep with no sleep aids. First time in months! It's only the first week on the medicine but I've had a great experience so far. I have high hopes that it will continue"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2016

"I had been taking Savella for about four years and had no idea how well it was working until I decided to go off of it, because I do not like taking any medication. Within a few days, it was clear that without medication ( Savella) I was going to be in pain. I saw my doctor and asked to try something else. I was put on bupropion and then later switched to Adderall for the chronic fatigue and pain, caused by fibromyalgiai. The bupropion made me dopey and lethargic, even after two months. Then I tried Adderall, which did help with the fatigue but the pain came back and worsened over the next two months. I am totally convinced that nothing works better than Savella...at least for me. I started back on Savella and feel great."

Princess Candy Pants March 28, 2016

"please check with the manufacturer of any drug you can not afford. Many have programs to help you get it."

godaboveall March 1, 2016

"Been I it for over a month seemed to work give me a clear mind still had night pains now I'm getting pain in my grown area been like that for over a week now I've had bad headache and sweating gonna stop I'm getting f side effects it's lost its appeal"

Amtrak February 25, 2016

"I've almost reached the end of my titration pack and I'm going to continue using this medication. So far, I haven't had a huge improvement in pain but it does seem to help a small amount. I'm hoping this improves. My mood has become so much better. I have the desire to want to go out and do things again. I'm happier. That itself, has made a big difference in my life. I feel more like myself again after years and years of clinical depression. At the beginning, it did make me feel very nauseous. This only happened for a few days. It's worth going through!"

ThisIsAgoodOne February 7, 2016

"3 months on Savella experienced no relief for Fibromyalgia. Dr increased dosage to double. Even though I was experiencing severe constipation to point of rectal bleeding, insomnia, intense pain. 2 months later I experienced severe seizure, stopped breathing, heart beating, resulting in a stroke."

Imame (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 28, 2016

"I started titrating and I'm close to reaching max dose of 50mg 2x day. I have experienced severe insomnia, restlessness, and anxiety along with depression. I also take abilify, Ativan, klonopin, and extended release ambien and I still can't fall asleep. The fibro pain however, is almost gone."

Purple flowers (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2016

"I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 4 years ago. Have tried lyrica, cymbalta, flexeril and all I experienced was nausea and no relief of my pain, itching and general discomfort. Savella has been the only medication to relieve my symptoms with only mild dizziness. Unfortunately my insurance will not cover it in 2016 and my cost will be over $130/month."

Alime December 29, 2015

"At first it helped with pain and fatigue but after two years, bad side effects. Hot flashes, not hormonal, pain, fatigue etc. Trying to stop taking it but having lots of leg cramps while titrating off. Good luck all!"

PainSucksAllTheTime (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 27, 2015

"I am on day 14 of the starter pack and I have to stop. I have had nausea, vomiting, dizzy spells, blurry vision, drunk feeling. I was stopping Venlefexine and slowly tapering off while starting savella. I had a rash for about 24 hours too. This is the worst side effects from a medication I have ever had. I have also lost about 4 pounds in 3 days because I have not been able to eat."

T t December 23, 2015

"I have recently started taking Savella and it has really made a difference in my mood, clarity and desire to do things. I have less pain....still have pain but some how it's not as debilitating. Very pleased so far.....as far as side effects ....I have most of the issues it causes any way so not sure how I would know if it was fibro or the drug. This has been a very postive experience. I still take Lyrica .....this is one I would like to stop taking but I can't convince my neurologist."

DebHanna December 16, 2015

"After years and years of pain and lack of energy, finally got my life back only after 5 days on it and I am back to be my old me. Love it!!!"

josefina colon November 10, 2015