User Reviews for Savella

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Savella.

Savella Rating Summary

6.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 33 medications used in the treatment of Fibromyalgia.

Reviews for Savella to treat Fibromyalgia

"I took this medicine only once had a violent reaction dizziness, vomitting, I felt like I was poisoned. Will never try again if I could give less than one I would."

Cherub528 November 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"First let me rate it a 1. I was supposed to take 25mg at bedtime. Woke up a little before 2 am, heart racing, hot flashes, extreme nausea. Spent next hour trying to sleep but heart palpitations, hot flashes then chills, vomiting and needing the bathroom.... 4 times! I have NEVER had this type of drug reaction like that!!! Unreal! Charging my insurance nearly $1,000 for a rubbish drug that makes people sick. Even people who don't have a severe reactions all have nausea! It shouldn't be legal to charge people so much for a drug. It is price gauging and insane! I still feel sick next day. Never again. Now I am stuck with pills worth more money than I can make and hate them."

Made me sick (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've had fibromyalgia now since I was in my 30's, I am now 63. Back then, I was told It was depression, all in my head, you name it. I tried several Medications, nothing helped, until I tried Savella. It's a miracle medication for me, although I take the highest dose allowed, 100mg 2x a day. The only problem, it's very expensive. My prescription plan pays some, but I'm stuck with a bill of about $1200 a year. Unfortunately, I can not get help because I inherited my Moms IRA that has $35,000 in it...Sad they can't make this a generic drug ☹️. I feel trapped because I feel like I need thus medication to survive."

Cherylann654 October 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have had fibromyalgia for about 10 years now. My Dr tried Cymbalta and then Gabapentin which both seemed to help at first, but only for a short time. Then maybe 4 years ago, a new Dr. put me on savella. At first I felt nauseous, dizzy, and had headaches every day. All those symptoms continued, but not as severe, but I started feeling like I could get around better, & my muscles weren't as stiff or sore as before. But then being diagnosed with BPD and anxiety, those meds weren't where they should be, and I started feeling really down and depressed. I told my Dr 's about it. Then trying to get the savella refilled, I found out they weren't going to refill it because insurance said I had suicidal ideations. BUT after 4 weeks w/o it, I feel so much better! No sweats, dizziness,etc"

Steph Anne (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I wasn't even able to get through the titration pack & I began experiencing suicidal thought. I've experienced it a lot, but this time it was way worse, with the thoughts getting more frequent & graphic. I will admit I have BP & BPD & this may be the reason why I had this reaction. I called my rheumatologist, since she's the one who prescribed it, to let her know how I was feeling. Long story short, she sent the police to my house & I was taken to the psych hospital, where I sat for a couple of hrs. It also made my already high blood pressure worse. Also, no pain ease/relief. Never again for me!"

Jillyn31 (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This is the second time I have tried savella. The first time after 3 weeks of suffering from sweats, intolerance to heat although the pain was better, I started having headaches and palpitations. It did nothing for my brain fog. It did however help with the pain. Because I only have 1 kidney, pain meds are a problem for me. I have RA, osteoarthritis and fibro. I started back on savella at a 12.5mg dose 10 days ago but once again, the palpitations, the nausea and sweats have caused me to stop. wish this could have worked for me."

neyami (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This is a very good drug. I really wanted to try fetzima but unfortunately this drug dosen't exist in Israel, adding abilify 2.5 to savella make you like you are always awake for all day It does not so help with OCD but it has little side effects especially with sexual side effects. This drug is good, but fetzima is bette. Waiting for the day fetzima will be selling here."

haviv July 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on Savella for about a year. The medication greatly reduced my pain. Initially after titrating up I was on 100 mg. However, it caused my blood pressure to go really high even with the medicine I take for blood pressure. I reduced the medicine to 50 mg which helped some with the blood pressure . However, the nausea and vomiting, hot flashes, sweating have continued. The nausea and vomiting is bad enough that I am willing to go off the medication. I am hoping I can find something that will help as well without the side effects. The benefits are outweighed by the side effects for me."

Viv1959 July 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Savella was a miracle drug for me, I had tons of energy and no pain. I was able to start going to the gym and walking 5km in a month. After going up to 50mg 2x day I started to get random little patches of hives, hot flashes and flushed face. I stayed on it for 2 months hoping the symptoms would go away as the benefits outweighed the side effects, however rashes got worse so I had to go off of it."

Jillc823 July 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Savela has made a major difference for my fibro pain. I take 2/ day as well as gabapentin."

Annie Tx124 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm reading all of your reviews please stay strong and believe in this drug. I was one of the first people on it. I started out on low doses, my Dr slowly worked me up to the max of 100 mg 2x a day. It has been a life saver for me. I am suffering from other problems now, my fibromyalgia had become? Lupus 4 years ago. And I fear it is progressing to even worse. Savella helps. I had to miss 2 doses for a procedure and thought I was going to die from the pain."

nvjoy (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started on Savella in July. Have been on it for 4 months. I have had such bad hot flashes 24 hours a day. Does not decrease. Head aches severe constipation, which I have never had in my life. Dizziness memory loss irratability the worst is severe high blood pressure. When I realized it was from the Savella I went off of it. My blood pressure is coming down. The pain is tollerable. Do not take this medication if you do not have to. It was weird how I found out the high blood pressure. I went to 3 different doctors for different things. They all asked me if I had high blood pressure. I didn't. So I drove to my PCP. He immediately put me on medication it was so high. Within stroke zone. Please check your blood pressure."

Rosie727 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 29, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been on Savella this time for a couple of weeks, I've noticed I have constant "headaches" and constipation and that doesn't help,because I have IBSC.I do suffer with headaches, they are worse now along with ALL my other health problems and medications, I go back in a month to see my PCP, Savella has helped with my Fibro pain and I have lost weight%u263A, It's just the CONSTANT HEADACHES AND CONSTIPATION. I hope my PCP will have a Solution, Because I don't want to stop taking it.I have tried Lyrica in the past, I couldn't take to Many side effects, Also took Cymbalta it worked good, My insurance stopped paying then I started reading about ALL the law suits for Cymbalta. So I hope my Headaches and Constipation gets Better."

GrannybooSugga (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been taking Savella for 2 years now. It really helps relieve my fibro pain. I was extremely reluctant at first because of the price. My Dr. insisted I take it and I thought it wasn't helping at all, but I continued to take it anyway because I was desperate for relief. There was a week I forgot to put it in my weekly pill boxes. My body was in SO MUCH PAIN!! When I discovered that I had forgotten it, only then, did I realize how much it helped. I am thin, it doesn't cause me weight gain. I now am back to working full time and am productive again. Stay strong and keep pushing fellow fibro sufferers. ❤❤"

100Pam October 10, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been taking 100mg of Savella per day for about 6 weeks. Many of the side effects have subsided at this point and my fibromyalgia pain is minimal. However, my anxiety and moodiness has only increased. I occasionally take clonazepam, but it's so sedating and addictive, I don't want to take more than the prescribed 1mg per day. The first time in 10 years I have had minimal pain, but the anxiety and agitation are crippling at times."

Rosie1976 October 3, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have had hot flashes and sweating while on this medicine which after a couple weeks have subsided. I am only half way through my first pack but have had a lot of emotional depressiom/anxiety since I started it. I was taken off of cymbalta and given savella. So far I haven't had any more energy but I am going to give it 2 more weeks which will be a month"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"A GOD SEND! My pain was down, I had more energy by the time I was on 50mg. Unfortunately, I could not afford the medication and I didn't receive coupons. I had no side effects what so ever! I even lost 7 pounds, probably because I just felt like I could move more freely and without as much pain as I had before taking Savella. My insurance covered 1 month prescription only. It was great while it lasted!!!"

AllWildAtHeart July 28, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have taken Savella for 5 weeks, 50 mg bid. It definitely has helped decrease the pain and helped me be able to live again. The first few days on it I experienced some agitation, but after that it was good. The only negative that I have noticed is that I have gained 2.5 pounds every week since I have been on it and have had no changes in appetite which is very discouraging."

Saohire18 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 21, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Took Savella 50 mg bid for one year. Helped dramatically with the fibro pain (I've had fibro 6 yrs). I'm a 57 year old medical professional who of course tried to deny that I even had this malady. Sometime approximately 3 months after starting Savella I noticed increasing fatigue and forgetfulness which I attributed to age and stress. The last 4 months I could barely stay awake without a daily nap, I couldn't remember how to run my coffee pot I've had 4 years, and couldn't remember how to get from point A to B while driving. Due to age, I underwent a Neuropsych eval and brain MRI-both normal. Weaned off Savella and my energy level and alertness have dramatically improved, but unfortunately the fibro pain is back. >:("

Pain game July 17, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am on day number 3 and have not notice any changes yet so hopefully as I continue to use it I will start seeing a change. I see a lot of people talking about the cost if cost is a problem I would suggest going to the website and there are coupons that you can use. I use coupons on most of my medication and it helps a lot so anytime you are prescribed medications always go to there website. The coupons usually last for about 10 refills but when it expires you can always get another one. Hope this helps."

Feeslash June 26, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Did not work for me,the stomach nausea was to much as I already had severe nausea issues, there might have been initially feeling of energy,but it didnt seem to last.I took it for three weeks, not good enough to continue a drug like this."

Anonymous June 16, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been through med after med with either they don't work, stop working or the side effects are too much for me to handle. Now I am on Savella, at the 25mg twice a day in the tritrate pack and I have to say it is a God send so far. Yes, the nausea is a bit harsh but Doc says that will pass if I can just give it a chance. The energy and uplifting mood I have seen so far even at not full dose is amazing. I have not felt this way in years and it feels darned good. Yes the pain is still there, but a bit better. Hope the med holds out and stays working, will update."

Boomer56 May 30, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was diagnosed in 1993 with Fibromyalgia, didn't believe it was a legitimate condition. With information now available, I have accepted that I do in fact have Fibro. I don't buy in to taking prescriptions if at all possible, this condition has forced me to seek some relief in the form of RX. I started Savella a little over a month ago and am thrilled with the results. Trying to not get too excited, but I really do feel better. The pain is better, I have a clearer mindset, the fatigue is less and I could not be happier. I did have dizziness and heart palpitations but they have lessened over time. I suggest you try if you want some semblance of a life back."

DCee April 28, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Didn't help with pain and I am still tired But made me more talkative. I am not going to spend anymore money on it my insurance won't cover it Not worth it."

S luv b April 17, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've only been on it a few days. Started slow which was perfect. I had crippling pain for years but only a few days on it and I've noticed small amounts of relief from pain and a wonderful burst in energy and feeling of happiness. My husband says in getting back to my old self which feels amazing. It's only been a few days but I haven't had any negative side effects. I expect to continue feeling better each day. I had severe insomnia for 8 months. Even after crazy amounts of sleep aids it could still take me 4 hrs to fall asleep. The last 2 nights I was able to sleep with no sleep aids. First time in months! It's only the first week on the medicine but I've had a great experience so far. I have high hopes that it will continue"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2016