User Reviews for Methyldopa

6.9
Hypertensive Emergency

Reviews for Methyldopa

Good San Antonio · Taken for 10 years or more April 1, 2021

For High Blood Pressure: “This has been my medication for years and is the only one that works to keep my blood pressure under control. Newer drugs cause severe reactions. It is unfortunate that the company has this on long term back order. I need this medication.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month December 18, 2020

Aldomet (methyldopa) for High Blood Pressure: “This drug was given to me for pre-eclampsia. It caused me short term memory loss until it was out of my system. I don’t remember an entire day of my life while the doctors tried to figure out if I had had a stroke because I asked the same questions every 5 minutes for 8 hours straight. I can’t find any information on this drug doing this to anyone before.”

Phase · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 30, 2020

For High Blood Pressure: “I had preeclamsia during pregnancy my BP was 210 and wouldn't go down despite all drugs which made it lower between 190/110- 150/90. After some weeks I was around 130/90 and it of times goes up to 150/100. I battled with that range until I came across the drug methyldopa. And with just three days use I was already 110/80 but the downside is weakness when using it and dehydration. Yet I'm happy there's a drug that lowers my BP. I just hope I can use it during my next pregnancy to prevent preeclampsia”

BGVeniceFl · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 29, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “I have been on this medication successfully for 5 years after a 13 year stint failing to control my blood pressure. The only problem is the manufacturer (Mylan) has the drug constantly on back order and is hard to find.”

No longer disabled · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 21, 2019

Aldomet (methyldopa): “I was nearly bedridden due to Dysautonomia and Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (P.O.T.S.) I went to Cleveland Clinic, Johns Hopkins and Vanderbilt Hospital, etc. I was prescribed a very low dose of Methyldopa and it is a godsend! I can walk without my blood pressure and heart rate spiking to dangerous levels. I can actually sleep through the night now (which is something I wasn't able to do in years) and have hardly any adrenaline surges or involuntary muscle spasms, I no longer sweat profusely. Also, most of my headaches have gone away as well as the shakes and other odd symptoms such as frequent random pain and muscle/nerve spasms.”

BarbMarch58 September 1, 2009

Aldomet (methyldopa) for High Blood Pressure: “I'm sure this medicine has its place in the internist's arsenal BUT UNDER NO CONDITION SHOULD THIS DRUG EVER be prescribed for the elderly. A Board Certified Internist prescribed this medicine (although there are over 100 other alternatives) for my 75-year old mother. Luckily, she is totally competent & in VERY good health. BUT the smallest dose of this medicine did exactly what the manufacturer WARNS ABOUT - dizziness, sleepiness, etc. She wound up falling and the ER doctors who treated her said that if (BY PURE LUCK) I hadn't been walking directly behind her and was strong enough to catch her she would have broken hr femur or hip. This was reported to our State Medical Board and the MD was fully investigated. Within 60 days the license was revoked.”

terry · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 8, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “I have been on many different meds and my BP stubbornly refused to get below 170/95. After adding methyldopa and removing doxazosin and amlodipine, my BP is fairly stable at 115/62. I take 500mg every 6 hours. Inconvenient but worth it.”

Carla · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 28, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: “This pill works wonders, it lowers my blood pressure. For 2 years it was hard to get the right pill to do the job with the all kinds of side effects I was getting from each pill they would put me on. The only problem I have is that the pharmacy here can never keep it in stock.”

bobbo · Taken for less than 1 month July 17, 2019

For High Blood Pressure: “This is the first drug that has actually worked to lower my blood pressure! I take 500mg methyldopa 4 times a day along with 100mg atenolol and 80mg lasix. BP went from 180/110 to 130/72 in a matter of days.”

Overseer · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 23, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: “I had been taking Clonidine for over three years when I was Wheaned off to Methyldopa. Since I'm allergic to 53 other RX's it actually was a shot in the dark. Since taking the Methyldopa, I have more energy than I've had in years. I've even started back taking yoga classes, something I never could have done before. I'm not sleepy anymore, I don't have the dy mouth anymore, my libedo has returned and it has given me my life back. I can't speak for anyone else, but the tingling of the feet is a small price to pay for having a vital life back again. I take two tablets per day along with Atenonol and I feel 20 again. I've never looked or felt better. It also makes your fingernails grow, and my face is glowing, I'm 63 years old.”

Solascriptua · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 24, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: “My doc switched me to it because we're trying to get pregnant, which is a positive thing about the drug. Negative: extreme thirst and facial tics. I was on 3 pills per day and couldn't tolerate the severity of these two side effects so my doc cut me back to 2 pills, which of course isn't as effective but my BP is lower than it would be if I wasn't taking it.”

karkar1966 June 24, 2010

For Hypertensive Emergency: “I used it for my Benign Intracranial Hypertension. My condition improved, however, three days after initiating therapy I experienced metallic after taste. This reaction made me discontinue the medication.”

shamika · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 30, 2013

For High Blood Pressure: “I been taking this medicine for a year. It has helped to bring my blood pressure down. ”