User Reviews for Metformin / pioglitazone to treat Diabetes, Type 2

Also known as: ActoPlus Met

Metformin / pioglitazone has an average rating of 7.2 out of 10 from a total of 5 ratings for the treatment of Diabetes, Type 2. 60% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 20% reported a negative experience.

Metformin/pioglitazone rating summary

7.2/10 average rating

Compare all 161 medications used in the treatment of Diabetes, Type 2.

Anonymous · March 24, 2010

ActoPlus Met (metformin / pioglitazone): “I have been taking ActosPlus Met 15/850 for Type 2 Diabetes for approximately 3 years. My HbA1C has been steady between 6.0 and 6.3. If I'm having side-effects, they are not noticeable. The price, however, must put a smile on the pharmaceutical company CEO's face. It would be nice to see it go generic!”

O H io · November 25, 2009

ActoPlus Met (metformin / pioglitazone): “Very effective in controlling my blood sugars. I have had A1Cs 6.0 and lower over the last 3 years taking 1500mg/day. Recently company changed insurance and I no longer have perscription coverage, at a cost of $350/month I am looking for generic version now”

Anonymous · November 20, 2010

ActoPlus Met (metformin / pioglitazone): “I have had bad reactions to metformin in the past but my doctor insisted on my trying Actosplus Met. After a few months I had the same bad reactions. Right now I'm struggling to keep my sugars under control.”

Anonymous · June 1, 2009

ActoPlus Met (metformin / pioglitazone): “This has been effective in controlling my blood sugar, but I have a terrible problem trying to lose weight. I gained 20 pounds in less than 6 months.”

Anonymous · March 30, 2009

ActoPlus Met (metformin / pioglitazone): “Fairly effective. Too expensive.”

new · May 26, 2009

ActoPlus Met (metformin / pioglitazone): “Very effective. ”