User Reviews for Delzicol

Delzicol has an average rating of 8.2 out of 10 from a total of 7 ratings on Drugs.com. 83% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 17% reported a negative effect.

Ulcerative Colitis
9.3
Ulcerative Colitis, Active
5.5
Inflammatory Bowel Disease
10.0
Ulcerative Colitis, Maintenance
Summary of Delzicol reviews 8.2 7 reviews

Reviews may be moderated to correct grammar/spelling or remove inappropriate language. Reviews that appear to be created by parties with a vested interest in the medication will not be published.

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 10, 2019

For Inflammatory Bowel Disease: “Delzicol works wonderfully!!! Too bad it is so dog-gone expensive and my insurance doesn't want to cover it anymore.”

Carol · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 3, 2018

For Ulcerative Colitis, Maintenance: “I've used this drug for several years. It was first prescribed under the name Asacol. Delzicol is exactly the same drug but is delivered in a different capsule. I suspect that before the patent expires April 13, 2020, the greedy pharmaceutical company will find a new method to deliver the same drug thereby killing any chance of a generic becoming available. I'm fortunate to have a Medicare plan that covers this drug with a $45.00 copay. However when I reach the donut hole at the end of the year, the copay is close to $400. But even that beats the price of over $600.00 retail. The good news is that the drug does work for me. I hope others are relieved as well.”

Gen Jen August 8, 2016

For Ulcerative Colitis: “I am overjoyed with the effects of this drug. Starting two weeks after my Delzicol treatment began I became completely symptom free of ulcerative colitis and have stayed that way for over two years.”

Pashik September 27, 2015

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active: “Have been taking the delzicol for 7 weeks and still not working as does ASACOL. 700 dollars later, who do I complain to...I need Asacol after all. Has only calmed things, still unable to eat most things and see no future for me and delzicol.”

Some nauses · Taken for less than 1 month January 11, 2014

For Ulcerative Colitis: “Working very good”

Mrs. MC · Taken for less than 1 month March 6, 2015

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active: “My stomach was severely swollen. Felt like I was 9 months pregnant! The swelling started to decrease after the second day on the medication, such a relief!!”

UC December 1, 2015

For Ulcerative Colitis: “I find this med works better than asacol for me.”